Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Fans Game Thread * Magic @ Denver * Jan. 11

This is why i never get excited at the starts the Magic have at the beginning of the season. The first 20 games (16-4) are a feeling out process and a time teams adjust. Some teams start out well some not so great. By that time teams have basically become what they will be and settle into a style of play. This team has done that and other teams have read it and are now beating it pretty consistently.

When was the last time the Magic dominated a team from start to finish? When was the last time a team was held under 80? It has become a we will just try and outscore you type of game. This team is not good enough for that.

There is no doubt in my mind that there will be some serious trade talks to upgrade a few positions before the deadline. Only a fool would think this team with the roster it has now can go deep into the playoffs.

quote:
Originally posted by OnlyIntelPosts:

Melo did not kill any magic defender..

he does this every game folks, he avg. more than 25+ a game easy.

Like hell he didnt

Melo 32pts vs Turk 8pts what is that?

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

We have a couple of home games comign up if we can go 2-2 on this trip hopefully we can go home and finally take care of business down here.

LOL, Rich come on man you know playing at home is worse. He should be an advantage for us but its not.

The reason turk had only 8 points wasnt because of melo or anyone else defending, it was because he was plain off. he missed many wide open shots and even layups he usually makes. If he was on, Neither Melo nor martin could guard him. And Melo is a superstar, he cant be guarded by anybody, 32 is nothing for him, im surprised he didnt get 40. And turk wasnt even guarding melo the whole game, turk only played 37 minutes becuase he sucked so much today.

quote:
Originally posted by OnlyIntelPosts:

The reason turk had only 8 points wasnt because of melo or anyone else defending, it was because he was plain off. he missed many wide open shots and even layups he usually makes. If he was on, Neither Melo nor martin could guard him. And Melo is a superstar, he cant be guarded by anybody, 32 is nothing for him, im surprised he didnt get 40. And turk wasnt even guarding melo the whole game, turk only played 37 minutes becuase he sucked so much today.

SO because he is a superstar no one is capable of guarding him?

NBA recap...

Anthony scores 32 to lead Nuggets to 113-103 win over Magic

By PAT GRAHAM, AP Sports Writer

Posted Jan 11 2008 11:54PM

DENVER(AP) Carmelo Anthony scored 32 points and Anthony Carter had 14 of his career high-tying 21 in the fourth quarter, lifting the Denver Nuggets to a 113-103 win over the Orlando Magic on Friday night.

Allen Iverson added 21 points and 13 assists for the Nuggets. He also had five rebounds, giving him 3,000 for his career.

Carter, who also had 11 assists, scored 21 points against the Magic, on Dec. 29, 1999.

Dwight Howard finished with 20 points and 13 rebounds, his NBA-leading 33rd double-double of the season. Howard was also whistled for two goaltending calls in the fourth quarter and accidentally knocked in a basket for the Nuggets in the first half.

Denver has now won five straight over the Magic at home. However, the Nuggets still have one of their worst all-time winning percentages against Orlando with a 13-25 lifetime mark.

Reserve forward Linas Kleiza scored 18 points on 7-for-13 shooting, and Kenyon Martin added 13 points for the Nuggets.

Orlando entered the game as one of the best road teams in the league, but has now dropped two of its last three away games. The Magic play at Utah on Saturday night, their final stop on a four-game road trip.

Rashard Lewis scored 21 and Maurice Evans added 15 for the Magic.

Denver bounced back from a lopsided loss to Phoenix in which the Suns hit 20 3-pointers. The Magic hit 10 3-pointers against the Nuggets.

http://www.nba.com/games/20080111/ORLDEN/recap.html

thats what superstars do, they drop points. There are many players in the NBA that cant be guarded. Thats what makes them a superstar player, they can only be slowed down, but in the end, they're always going to get that 25 points plus.

Well Turk suppose to be on of our top scorers and some people are saying hes playing like an allstar. Where was he tonight. Melo showed up but Turk was nowhere to be found. He had an off night.

Page 4:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

My Magic Killers tonight are Nene as far as big men, and absolutely...

Anthony Carter. Book it, unfortunately.

Wow. If no one'll give me credit for it, I'll pat myself on the back. 21 points, 11 assists, 5 rebounds, a couple of steals, and 16 of his 21 came in the 4th quarter! I didn't hear that Nene was on "indefinite leave for personal and medical reasons," but I nailed the other half of that lil' prediction.

This is really sickening. I shouldn't be able to see specific Orlando Magic inepititude coming like this, but it's pretty simple. Bunch up the opposing guards, SGs and PGs alike. Pick the most talented non-superstar among them that'll fly under SVG's radar, and he's guaranteed to go off Jannero Pargo style right now.

Guaranteed!

Stock Up:

Dwight Howard. (Well, at least ONE of the Big Three played with some fire, passion, and oh yeah... effectiveness. Rashard played effectively but without any fire and passion, which means another disappearing act in the second half. As for Hedo... well, we'll get to the Turkey later.)

Maurice Evans. (I think we've found our starting shooting guard. He defends, steals, offensive rebounds, and occassionally hits an outside shot. (sound like anyone else who recently wore Magic blue?? Hmm...) He's clearly head and shoulders above the other SGs right now, although where was he in the 4th quarter? Anyway, he's been more than solid the last two games and hopefully he'll keep it up.)

Shooting Guard Defense! (Yay! They actually played some! Evans, Dooling, and Bogans all actually played decent-to-good defense out there, wow. They combined for four steals and basically gave Iverson fits until he just decided to lower his head and bulldog his way into some superstar calls. Heck, Evans even played Melo well for stretches. Unfortunately it was the point guard D that mostly let us down tonight, but that's not their fault.)

Keith Bogans/Keyon Dooling. (Stock Up a little for both. Like I said before, the D for both was good. Bogans' shot came back at least for the third quarter, and Keyon actually threw a few good passes! I couldn't believe it. The signature one was the bounce pass in the lane to Hedo for a layup. That was sweet.

But for the most part the big difference was Dooling spent most of his time at SG, not point guard. Step into my classroom, kids:

He's been shooting fantastic, and not thinking about passing at all. That makes him a shooting guard... and not a point guard! There will be an exam on this later. What a difference a position makes. By the way, if we're trading Carlos? Then it better be a HELL of a player to help me forget that Keyon Dooling would be our backup point guard.

Tonight gives me a ray of actual hope, but I'd still consider it a nightmare unless I see much more passing and for longer stretches of time.)

Stock Down:

Hedo Turkoglu/Rashard Lewis.. (8 points on 3 of 15 shooting for Turk and no heart by either guy. Where's the will to win? The drive to succeed? Rashard shot the 3 ball decently, 4 out of 10. Also Hedo did a good job in the middle of the game of grabbing defensive boards. But more than anything there was a stark contrast between the look in Iverson and Carmelo's eyes and Rashard and Hedo's eyes... and Carlos, and Bogans, and everyone else except MAYBE Dwight and Jameer, but it starts with your leaders. It just looked like those guys were going through the motions again in the second half, like they were just doing their jobs.

Maybe the "turkoflu" came back in the thin Denver air for one game, I dunno. But I just saw Kobe Bryant score 19 points in one half with a viral infection in his chest. So there is NO excuse, 90% of this is just who wants it more. Melo, Camby, and A.I. wanted it more. The only guy who really wanted to fight for it out there was Dwight. and that's a **** shame.)

I would of done a Stock Down on SVG for not playing James Augustine for some energy in a game like this, but his rotation was slighty less tragic (pun intended) than it was in the Clippers game.

Besides, his stock can't go lower unless I dig a whole new basement floor for it.

I could of also done on a Stock Down on the quality of this Game Thread from about page 9 or 10 on, but I don't have all night to explain why. I also don't wanna be a meaniehead, I scold people for ignorance enough as it is around here.

23-15, the losses are catching up with the wins, and it seems pretty clear that nobody knows what they're doing. A win in Utah would salvage the road trip, but I'll believe that when I see it... and also play Carlos Boozer in my Fast Break for Saturday night.

Good night and good luck.

P.S. I'm Fat Pat, check yo' PM box if you would.