Sign in to follow this  
StufFtheMagicDragon

Rashard Struggling? Thank our coach for that

quote:
Have you played the game of basketball. I was forced to play out of position for years, you kow what I did, adapated. Being on the court was more important than playing a position. I took pride in guarding the best, pleaying the elite, and having an inside out game. The majority of stars in the league have versitile enough games to play multiple positions. The lone exception has always been the center position.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! i really had hoped it never came to that on these boards...worst argument ever...great story though, it was really moving...so what youre trying to say is you adapted, so why cant rashard? Try adapting in the NBA, let me know how that goes...im in agreement now that rashard is overpaid, but the players you used as an example were some of the games greatest, rashard is just a very good offensive player in this league, thats it

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I wonder if the same people who are condemning our coach and our GM for forcing Shard to play out of position, are the same people that were posting 3-4 months ago that Shard would dominate at the PF spot because of all the less dominant big men playing that position coupled with the obvious offensive advantage he would enjoy???

Just curious.

But, who are those people? Are you going to hold them responsible somehow? LoL

I can only speak for myself and all I ever contended was that opposing teams' PF's weren't going to run roughshod over us, which they haven't. Some people thought that the Knicks would be great and Zach Randolph would destroy us.

Our biggest problem is opposing 1 & 2 guards eating us alive. Rashard isn't much help to Dwight down around the basket to block shots and deter guards from getting into the lane.

Oh, and the fact we have this guy Rashard Lewis playing his worst season in 6 years. One thing that really strikes me is his rebounding - he can't rebound for crap against other PF's. Last season he had some monster 20-point, 15-rebound games and he can't get that going against guys that weigh 30-40lbs more than him.

Lewis isn't bulky enough to get good position and push any of the PFs in this league. It'd be interesing to see when and agaisnt whom he got those 15 rebounds.

As someone pointed out Hedo has played SG and is more than quick and tall enough to move to SG. Hedo is also a pretty good passer. Who couldn't he guard, Tmac? I guess he coudln't handle Kobe one-on-one but who can?

It doesn't matter that me you or whoever said Rashard would do great at PF. It didn't work and it hasn't been working for a while so I can't understand why SVG doesn't either rotate the PFs he's got who are all young and healthy or try to trade Cook, Garrity or somebody for a PF he believes in.

quote:
Originally posted by alexjbaum10:

we're already having enough trouble with opposing guards getting to the paint too easily...hedo cant play the 2

I guess you didn't read what someone just typed. Hedo played the position in Sacramento

This is not an attack against your beloved Stan Van Damme or anything. We're just pointing out how he keeps doing something that doesn't work.

quote:
Originally posted by StufFtheMagicDragon:

Lewis isn't bulky enough to get good position and push any of the PFs in this league. It'd be interesing to see when and agaisnt whom he got those 15 rebounds.

About all he can do is box these bigger guys out to help make room for Dwight, which he does with moderate success.

Most of the time he's stuck trenching it up on defense which is NOT his game. Same thing on offense, his defender is usually larger and can box Rashard out and keep him off the glass.

I'm not saying working the boards is a big part of Rashard's game, but in 5 of the previous 7 seasons that Rashard played 30+ mpg, he averaged over 6.5rpg. That's a big difference from his current 5rpg.

Quote By: alexjbaum10

quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA! i really had hoped it never came to that on these boards...worst argument ever...great story though, it was really moving...so what youre trying to say is you adapted, so why cant rashard? Try adapting in the NBA, let me know how that goes...im in agreement now that rashard is overpaid, but the players you used as an example were some of the games greatest, rashard is just a very good offensive player in this league, thats it

Isn't this the argument with J.J. Redick, doesn't he have to adapt his game, thus improve his defense to get on the floor. I didn't overpay Rashard nor did you, but Rashard wanted a max contract, he needs to be working for it. And yes, it comes to that, you improve at any level to get better. Maybe Dwight Howard shouldn't adapt anymore because he's in the NBA. And you don't know me, so don't comment on where I've been where I've played and my personal experiences.

quote:
Originally posted by Courtskils:

Quote By: alexjbaum10

quote:

Isn't this the argument with J.J. Redick, doesn't he have to adapt his game, thus improve his defense to get on the floor. I didn't overpay Rashard nor did you, but Rashard wanted a max contract, he needs to be working for it. And yes, it comes to that, you improve at any level to get better. Maybe Dwight Howard shouldn't adapt anymore because he's in the NBA. And you don't know me, so don't comment on where I've been where I've played and my personal experiences.

??? im a little confused here...that was a quote by Mellow that i was laughing at...but it looks to me like youre taking offense to it? i wasnt responding to your comment

Ehhh... he's really only messing around with the guards. Besides the decision to or not to play Augustine for 5 minutes, he's not tinkering with much besides the 1 and 2 spots.

His "bread and butter", playing Hedo, Rashard, and Dwight across our frontline, in that order, isn't changing. But that frontline and configuration isn't going to get us too far, even if SVG figures out what he's doing with his guards. Until we start getting some big production out of Rashard, we aren't getting the most out of our talent and our team will continue underachieving.