Sign in to follow this  
Nick Anderson 4 President

Would Mehmet Okur be a good fit in Orlando?

How about just Millsap? Now THAT... is a guy who can ball.

For some reason Sloan doesn't give him the minutes that he deserves, he didn't even while Okur was hurt a couple of weeks ago!

Maybe they're being dumb about Millsap value-wise like we are being about some of our guys and we could actually get a Millsap for guys the quality of a Dooling, or Bogans, or Evans.

And as far as Okur for Hedo straight up? NO. You don't sell Hedo, who's stock is at an all-time high for Okur, who's stock is at an all-time low. Otis must of heard a better offer for Hedo than that by this point.

quote:
Originally posted by TragicFan:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...6~26~19~19&te=&cash=

With more of an interior defense you could go with

Jameer/Carlos

JJ/Bogans

Lewis/Evans

Howard/Milsap/Augie

Okur/Foyle/Augie

Then look to trade Dooling, Carlos or Jameer, and pick up a bigger PG that can play D and handle the ball.

Maybe that trade can work without Milsap. Okur can fit greta in our team. Any way we need another player who bring fire to this team.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

quote:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...6~26~19~19&te=&cash=

With more of an interior defense you could go with

Jameer/Carlos

JJ/Bogans

Lewis/Evans

Howard/Milsap/Augie

Okur/Foyle/Augie

Then look to trade Dooling, Carlos or Jameer, and pick up a bigger PG that can play D and handle the ball.

C'mon, there's no way they give us Okur AND Milsap!

Thanks for your contribution to the conversation. Why don't you try coming up with a counter offer you think is better instead of just shooting people down. Or does that make you feel good about yourself?

I feel great about myself, I actually make sense. How do you think they will give up two of their good bigs and leave only Boozer and Kirilenko on their frontline with no one else even good enough to play on a girl's JV team? I personally can't think of anything they would want from our team except for Hedo, but they wouldn't give us Okur and Milsap for Hedo and beans (I mean Garrity) are you serious?

..And by the way, my contribution to the conversation was starting the thread smart guy.

I think I just solved the Magic's problem.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...9~26~26~26&te=&cash=

Okur, Harpring, and CJ Miles for Bogans, Rashard Lewis, and the rights to Franz.

This package would let Kirilenko move back to the 4, give them a solid defensive shooting gaurd, and get them out of having to pay Harpring 3 more seasons. They also get the bonus if Franz ever decides to come over.

The Magic get a shooting big man to play next to Dwight, a talented 2 guard with lots of upside, and a veteran tough backup. It also lets Hedo concentrate on playing the 3. Most importantly, it gets the Magic out of having to pay Rashard for 6 seasons.

Of course this will never happen because the Magic would never trade Lewis this early, but I think it would be a win win for both teams.

quote:
Originally posted by DismissOtisSmith:

I think I just solved the Magic's problem.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...9~26~26~26&te=&cash=

Okur, Harpring, and CJ Miles for Bogans, Rashard Lewis, and the rights to Franz.

This package would let Kirilenko move back to the 4, give them a solid defensive shooting gaurd, and get them out of having to pay Harpring 3 more seasons. They also get the bonus if Franz ever decides to come over.

The Magic get a shooting big man to play next to Dwight, a talented 2 guard with lots of upside, and a veteran tough backup. It also lets Hedo concentrate on playing the 3. Most importantly, it gets the Magic out of having to pay Rashard for 6 seasons.

Of course this will never happen because the Magic would never trade Lewis this early, but I think it would be a win win for both teams.

I liked it but I think utah can't resign deron willams if they get lewis.

he had 22 pts 17 rbs and a block against amare. what about that? he can play D and rebound the ball well and block the shots if he focus on those. but sloan wants him to play like the way he's been playing. (mean outside shooting) i think it would be a good move if otis make a move like this

Hi everyone, this is my first post...

I have been reading this forum for years, always thought of joining but hadn't done it up until today..

This year with Hedo performing somewhere near his average, it was inevitable to join..

I am Turkish and my opinion on a Hedo Memo trade would be a "No no"!

I have been following these guys for about 12 years since their Turkish League days and I know(from experience as a Turkish basketball follower) Hedo is yet to produce his best.. I will only be satisfied when he averages 25+ppg and dunks the ball more, drives in more, scores more points from his drives..

Hedo is an equal talent to Dirk if not better.. I am just saying you should expect anything from him and he will definitely rise his game even to a better level when the play-offs come.. I am kind of impatient to see it..

Okur is a great player too, but when I first watched him years ago, all he can do was nailing those 3's.. The rest wasn't there at all.. Nicely, he improved a lot, thanks to his size he became a very good player and also is much faster than his teenage times.. Oh my god the man was like a tank those days..

The long and short of it, if Magic were to use Hedo in any kind of trade especially to get Okur the fans might be crying out loud for that decision in the coming years..

The only acceptable trade for Hedo could be someone like Kobe or close to Kobe.. (This might sound a little crazy to you at the moment, or utopic, based on the NBA performances alone, because if I knew him as much as you know him I would laugh at me.. Hedo in a couple of years will be an at least 25+ppg NBA superstar)

That's why I am still kind of disappointed in his overall NBA Career so far..

Yes, it's true that he is having his best year so far.. But you haven't seen the best possible Hedo yet...