Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

SVG's Messing With The Line-up

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:
Originally posted by andie:

Gortat is another player that's an unknown quantity. Let's see. How many of those do we have on our roster?

Andie, I couldn't help but notice your signature, that has been my gut feeling what will happen. Do you have any inside info or hear anything at their board?

I have no information regarding Carlos and JJ. I just happen to live in Cleveland. But, if Otis is on a trading mission, I want them to come here!

Carlos-your English had better be spot on as Spanish is virtually an unknown language on the North Coast. I think I have heard it spoken one time in the past 5 years or so.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Gortat is another player that's an unknown quantity. Let's see. How many of those do we have on our roster?

Andie, I couldn't help but notice your signature, that has been my gut feeling what will happen. Do you have any inside info or hear anything at their board?

I have no information regarding Carlos and JJ. I just happen to live in Cleveland. But, if Otis is on a trading mission, I want them to come here!

Carlos-your English had better be spot on as Spanish is virtually an unknown language on the North Coast. I think I have heard it spoken one time in the past 5 years or so.

Andie, become a member of their board and very insidiously suggest and get their feel of the possible trade. By February Varejao and other players may be traded.

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

Now i was all for him starting Dooling over Bogans because the matchup just look great. Dooling vs Head. But Head totally took advantage of Dooling in the beginning. I felt like we do need that slasher type sg that can hit the mid range jumper and play good defense. But Dooling didnt do what i thought he was gonna do. Im sure that SVG was thinking the same thing. He stated it in his post game conference. But this shows that we need a real sg and pf.

I think that Dooling needs to come of the bench period. He does not have a reliable jump shot,likes to run around with the ball way to much and cannot pass. He is a situational player just like SVG stated that Ariza was (I disagree).

Problem is that when Dooling is on the floor, they know he is going to slash so that increases trafic in D12s paint with a small and fast defender who can get in passing lanes. I do not like KeBo but he does take his defender out to the perimeter.

Dooling is a situational player period.

quote:

JD, We all saw what happened last night, the whole team collapsed both defensively and offfensively. We are being dominated on the boards first because it seems that Howard and jameer are the only guys that are looking for the rebounds and the teams have adjusted to Howard well and he has failed to adjust to them. Its being 5 games now of average play for Howard and last night it coincided with a poor performance from the rest of the team except the PG's, making us look even worse than last year, God forbid that. The million dollar man is playing at discount prices and now he is tentative at the 3 pt line. Turk again looks burned out. Every one talks that we need a good PF and that would solve the problem and this might be true but.. meanwhile how about Coaching adjustments to mitigate the problem. Foyle is looking more in control backing up Howard and seems to move and free himself form his man better, to allow the passs to come in to him. So why not consider using him with Howard and let Augie back them up both? How about Gortat? This guy could bang around some of the opponents and get some short range shots for us and back up at PF and center. last night the two really hot hands were Jameer and Carlos and Carlos was given 14 minutes and a good option would have been let Carlos run the point and Jameer take care of the firepower or viceversa. Sure we loose defense so what, we didnt have any anyway. Also why not try Reddick and give him a chance to let some bombs drop. I feel everyone of the starters need some bench time right now specially Turk and Shard. For the first time I see Stan is loosing control of the creative aspect of the game. Come on Stan show us your stuff.

wow i have to say about time i read a post that makes alot of sense good job on your post buddy agree with you 100%

quote:
Originally posted by MagicManD12:

"The only issue is who would we bench, Shard or Hedo?"

Don't bench either of them, play Hedo at the SG position, trade Dooling, Reddick and Gortat for a true starting PF.

Move Hedo to SG initially, play Lewis at his position, bring Augie, Foyle or Gortat and see how they do with Carlos feeding them.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicManD12:

Don't bench either of them, play Hedo at the SG position, trade Dooling, Reddick and Gortat for a true starting PF.

Move Hedo to SG initially, play Lewis at his position, bring Augie, Foyle or Gortat and see how they do with Carlos feeding them.

quote:

Unknown to us. He practices with the team. If he was showing something in practice that made anyone think he could contribute, he would be getting playing time.

i will say that im happy with what SVG have done so far, cause he's doing what hill didn't do and that is try every formula to see which one is going to work or not. we are 22-13 for 1st in our division 3rd in the eastern conference and 9th overall in 35 games, so we have make a mark in the league already, we are a playoff team, i will say a serious contender and we have accomplish all that with a team with out a defined identity yet, because we haven't set up our lineups or rotation yet, so onces SVG finds consistency on whatever the rotations is going to be, we will get way better. so all those games that we have been wondering about why he didn't make the move we wanted to, i think is because he's giving all his player a chance to play and see what are they capable to do before he pulls the trigger, so i will say we will see a few more changes before the we get to mid season and it's good that we can afford this right now with 22-13 and not 13-22 so enjoy the ride.