Sign in to follow this  
~O~

One Positive From This Game, Great "Team" Play

Jackie Carlos will never have a perfect game for you because you will always look for something to look for. That missed free throw, that "silly foul", that stupid technical. What you are forgetting is that in the last 4 games this is what Carlos has done. 59pts, 22 ***, 5 TO, and i am not going to go to the steals, and rebounds. That said I am pretty sure that in your opinion Jason Kid had a better game than Carlos.

quote:
Originally posted by serviviente:

Jackie Carlos will never have a perfect game for you because you will always look for something to look for. That missed free throw, that "silly foul", that stupid technical. What you are forgetting is that in the last 4 games this is what Carlos has done. 59pts, 22 ***, 5 TO, and i am not going to go to the steals, and rebounds. That said I am pretty sure that in your opinion Jason Kid had a better game than Carlos.

See, this is what happens whenever someone says one thing critical of Arroyo. If you read what I've been writing, that pass is the only thing I was critical of in the entire game as far as Arroyo is concerned. And the only reason I brought it up was to point out that Carlos makes mistakes just like every other player in the league.

You're right though. Carlos will never have a perfect game as far as I'm concerned. Neither will Nelson, Howard, or any one of the hundreds of other NBA players. It's simply not possible. And again, you are correct that I will always "look for something to look for", but that is in no way limited to Carlos. It's true for every single player on the team. I am not loyal to any one player on this team. I have no favorites. I am a fan of the Orlando Magic. That means that I will be critical of all players and it also means I will praise all players. If you care to do a little digging, you'll see that I have in fact done both.

I point out one mistake by Arroyo, even after months of supporting the idea of him starting, and even heavily praising his play as of late, and I'm made out to hate the guy. A lot of people on here need to start reading what is actually written and try to comprehend the meaning behind it before launching into these stupid accusations of bias for or against a certain player.

Stated by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:
See, this is what happens whenever someone says one thing critical of Arroyo. If you read what I've been writing, that pass is the only thing I was critical of in the entire game as far as Arroyo is concerned. And the only reason I brought it up was to point out that Carlos makes mistakes just like every other player in the league.

You're right though. Carlos will never have a perfect game as far as I'm concerned. Neither will Nelson, Howard, or any one of the hundreds of other NBA players. It's simply not possible. And again, you are correct that I will always "look for something to look for", but that is in no way limited to Carlos. It's true for every single player on the team. I am not loyal to any one player on this team. I have no favorites. I am a fan of the Orlando Magic. That means that I will be critical of all players and it also means I will praise all players. If you care to do a little digging, you'll see that I have in fact done both.

I point out one mistake by Arroyo, even after months of supporting the idea of him starting, and even heavily praising his play as of late, and I'm made out to hate the guy. A lot of people on here need to start reading what is actually written and try to comprehend the meaning behind it before launching into these stupid accusations of bias for or against a certain player.

You just hate Arroyo, for whatever reason!. I believe that in reality all the time you have been supporting the idea of him starting is because you expected him to fail. Since he has been doing great you pick into the smallest of his mistakes to make him look bad and that way you can feel better! Is'nt it?

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

I think that what the Nets game showed is that we need a back-up PG, pronto!

Or that Arroyo should be the starter and Dooling should be the backup just like I've said in a million threads for the last few weeks.

Jameer & Arroyo bring the same things to the table. We need a defensive minded backup PG to come off the bench and spell our starter when they have trouble guarding their adversary.

quote:
think that what the Nets game showed is that we need a back-up PG, pronto!

Moreover, I think that what past all games showed are that we need a smart, decent defensive and shooter starter PG, pronto

quote:

You just hate Arroyo, for whatever reason!. I believe that in reality all the time you have been supporting the idea of him starting is because you expected him to fail. Since he has been doing great you pick into the smallest of his mistakes to make him look bad and that way you can feel better! Is'nt it?

It's clear that one of two things is happening here:

1. You guys are baiting me into arguing over whether or not I hate Arroyo and trying to make me angry.

or

2. You actually believe that anyone who says anything critical of Arroyo hates him.

In either case, this discussion will go no further from my end.

I can't believe this always the same reaction when Magics lose, at the end CA was playing and the Magic lose,don't get me wrong CA have a excelent game but at the end the result was a tough loss to Orlando. I'm from Puerto Rico and also CA fan but we have to be objetive i'm a basketball fan first and of course a Magic fan but at the end it doesn't matter who is playing at the end of the final buzzer what is important is what team accomplish at the end of the game. So stop this this thing on CA and JN both are great players

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

I think that what the Nets game showed is that we need a back-up PG, pronto!

Or that Arroyo should be the starter and Dooling should be the backup just like I've said in a million threads for the last few weeks.

Jameer & Arroyo bring the same things to the table. We need a defensive minded backup PG to come off the bench and spell our starter when they have trouble guarding their adversary.

Yeah, Smack has been saying this. It's an interesting thought to ponder.

But with the amount of money Otis has invested in Jameer, is it really feasible?

Would Stan have the guts to do it?

Interestingly enough, Stan had the guts to put Jameer on the bench as a back-up didn't he?

Soul Bro was watching the game last night from the Nets feed and was listening to Nets commentator Marc Jackson. He said Jackson made the comment that Arroyo is ballin right now and that Stan needs to put the guys out there that are gonna get the job done, and not to take into consideration who makes the most money.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

This is what I got from todays stats

Carlos Arroyo 16pts 5-9FG 6-6FTS 7AST 0TO

Jameer Nelson 4pts 2-8FG 3AST 1TO (3:1)

Hedo Turkoglu 7-17FG 14pts 3BS

Rashard Lewis 6-12FG 2-3TPMA 23pts

Adonal Foyle 5-6FG 6REBS

Dwight Howard 5-11FG 3-10FTS 13REB 13PTs

You just switched their points

Here is correct stats

Hedo Turkoglu 7-17FG 2-6 3PT 7-7 FT 23pts

Rashard Lewis 6-12FG 2-3 3PT 2-2 FT 14pts

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:

It's clear that one of two things is happening here:

1. You guys are baiting me into arguing over whether or not I hate Arroyo and trying to make me angry.

or

2. You actually believe that anyone who says anything critical of Arroyo hates him.

In either case, this discussion will go no further from my end.

I vote #2, if you say anything critical of Arroyo then you must hate him. Seriously.

Smack, I agree about Dooling, to a point. We need his defense in there sometimes, but I think Armstrong would have eaten him alive with his full court pressure in the 4th. That man is almost 40 years old, but I think he would be an ideal back up PG for us right now.