Sign in to follow this  
~O~

One Positive From This Game, Great "Team" Play

Yeah, Smack has been saying this. It's an interesting thought to ponder.

But with the amount of money Otis has invested in Jameer, is it really feasible?

Would Stan have the guts to do it?

Interestingly enough, Stan had the guts to put Jameer on the bench as a back-up didn't he?

Soul Bro was watching the game last night from the Nets feed and was listening to Nets commentator Marc Jackson. He said Jackson made the comment that Arroyo is ballin right now and that Stan needs to put the guys out there that are gonna get the job done, and not to take into consideration who makes the most money.

Agree with this statement. I think SVG is bold for his commitment to start Arroyo, who, I have been very impressed with. Did you see those 2 passes in the first quarter??? Very Nash like.

The mistake last night, however, had nothing to do with Arroyo vs. Nelson. It was using Evans over Dooling, and not playing Dooling on Armstrong. Armstrong clearly put out Nelson AND Arroyo, to be honest, in the 4th quarter. His defense was too much for our PGs.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

I think that what the Nets game showed is that we need a back-up PG, pronto!

Or that Arroyo should be the starter and Dooling should be the backup just like I've said in a million threads for the last few weeks.

Jameer & Arroyo bring the same things to the table. We need a defensive minded backup PG to come off the bench and spell our starter when they have trouble guarding their adversary.

Yeah, Smack has been saying this. It's an interesting thought to ponder.

But with the amount of money Otis has invested in Jameer, is it really feasible?

Would Stan have the guts to do it?

Interestingly enough, Stan had the guts to put Jameer on the bench as a back-up didn't he?

Soul Bro was watching the game last night from the Nets feed and was listening to Nets commentator Marc Jackson. He said Jackson made the comment that Arroyo is ballin right now and that Stan needs to put the guys out there that are gonna get the job done, and not to take into consideration who makes the most money.

So now your talking about benching your new 7 mill per season pg permanently just to get Dooling in there for defense. Now that sounds good but this is a business and they invested money in Nelson to contribute so thats not gonna happen. Good idea though i wish Otis wouldve thought like that before he cut the check. Or why dont we just trade both pgs for 1 good that can play offense and defense in extended minutes that also brings leadership.

quote:

Funny thing for them to say after he already made the change don't you think?

We really need to trade Arroyo or Jameer, with some combination of others not including Dwight, Rashard, or Hedo, for a starting PG that can play both offense and defense. I'm guessing since it would be up to Otis, that Arroyo would be traded.

I feel like Arroyo will get traded and this will be officially Nelson team. That might be Otis plan and reasoning for extending Nelson. I dont think Otis signed Nelson to that big deal just for him to be a backup pg. Just doesnt make since business wise.

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

I feel like Arroyo will get traded and this will be officially Nelson team. That might be Otis plan and reasoning for extending Nelson. I dont think Otis signed Nelson to that big deal just for him to be a backup pg. Just doesnt make since business wise.

True, but thats Otis. Although, if Jameer gets back to playing like he was at the beginning of the season it isn't so bad. Actually, having DA back and acting as a coach/mentor to Jameer wouldn't be so bad. If he could get him into a similar mindset and playing with an Armstrong type intenstity every night, that couldn't be a bad thing could it?

I think Arroyo will end up the odd man out even though hes playing good. Smackdaddy already stated and i beleve this too that Nelson and Arroyo is giving the same production and we should through Dooling in there for a defensive presence at the pg position. So if you was to go with that and what Otis has just said in an interview recently which was: At the end of the day, Nelson is the best pg we have. You gonna choose Nelson over Arroyo to stay here. But it really doesnt matter to Arroyo cause the way hes playing hes making money now. 3rd best pg in TO/A ratio and can score, what team in the league wouldnt want a player like that. Even though i feel like Otis jump the gun on this decision for extending Nelson, but its not over for Arroyo at all. So i feel like we should trade him to get something for him cause after the season plenty of teams are gonna want him. Cavs could use him right now or the Heat. Its so many teams out there can use him. If the Heat was interested in Arroyo in a deal for Haslem i would do it.

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

I think you are echoing Otis new year's wishes very clearly, but remember this decision could cost him his job since he would have to get approval from the top management and Stan or it will be his neck on the noose. Are the Magic suicidal to add another dumb trade move to their lists? The lack of use of Dooling by Stan is an enigma since he really likes his style of play. Is this the price he has to pay to start Arroyo and be forced by Otis to take minutes away from Arroyo and Dooling? Lets see what Otis does when they call his bluff.

quote:
Originally posted by umut:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

This is what I got from todays stats

Carlos Arroyo 16pts 5-9FG 6-6FTS 7AST 0TO

Jameer Nelson 4pts 2-8FG 3AST 1TO (3:1)

Hedo Turkoglu 7-17FG 14pts 3BS

Rashard Lewis 6-12FG 2-3TPMA 23pts

Adonal Foyle 5-6FG 6REBS

Dwight Howard 5-11FG 3-10FTS 13REB 13PTs

You just switched their points

Here is correct stats

Hedo Turkoglu 7-17FG 2-6 3PT 7-7 FT 23pts

Rashard Lewis 6-12FG 2-3 3PT 2-2 FT 14pts

Woops, well this is what happens when you computer can't copy and paste.

i enjoy foyle's game, he knows he's a big slow guy and he plays it to his advantage, why don't we put in foyle and howard at the same time when our backs are to the wall, the nets seemed to have a line of big men to go in there and disrupt howard, and he was double teamed as fast as he could be. i'm saying start the two of them, that would leave definate holes in our big men in the bench, but when we're about to lose a game, get foyle in there to take the pressure of another big getting to dwight and if they do,then kill them with foyle's natural ability to get layups.

think of perkins in boston, he's absolutly horrible if garnett and pierce aren't getting attention, and also if rondo isn't driving. but since they are, he's having a career year, that could be foyle for about 5 minutes every fourth quarter.

The only way i would do this deal is if we was getting a productive pf out of the deal. They have Al Harrington and i know they not giving him up. So thatleaves Biendris, Croshere, Wright O Bryant or Pietris. I like Pietris but i just feel that hes just the wrong fit for us right now since we already have about 4 other sgs. We need a pf. Unless Otis and SVG is convinced that Lewis and Turk is the pf that we need which they are completely delusional. Arroyo should only get traded if were getting a pf not another sg/sf. Makes no sense.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

i enjoy foyle's game, he knows he's a big slow guy and he plays it to his advantage, why don't we put in foyle and howard at the same time when our backs are to the wall, the nets seemed to have a line of big men to go in there and disrupt howard, and he was double teamed as fast as he could be. i'm saying start the two of them, that would leave definate holes in our big men in the bench, but when we're about to lose a game, get foyle in there to take the pressure of another big getting to dwight and if they do,then kill them with foyle's natural ability to get layups.

think of perkins in boston, he's absolutly horrible if garnett and pierce aren't getting attention, and also if rondo isn't driving. but since they are, he's having a career year, that could be foyle for about 5 minutes every fourth quarter.

This just shows how bad we need a pf to go with howard. This would work but we shouldnt mess with the center rotation cause thats probaly the best thing working for us right now. But we do need a pf bad.