Sign in to follow this  
Cisco

Van Gundy living the Life of Riley (Foxsports article)

If you really think pat riley took the head coaching job from svg out of the goodness of his heart you're dumber than I thought.

quote:
Originally posted by REDLION#22:

quote:
Hey red you are fired from the miami boards?

Seems like there is no home for your words.

ask any heat fan over thereicon_wink.gif

Well i check a thread and some people don

quote:

quote:

Damm Red Lion, when is the misery gonna end. Where are the basketball gods when you need them. Its like they dont show up for the Heat no more. 4-15 damm thats terrible. I bet yall cant get to 5 wins by Christmas LMAO!!!!

Wade needs to come play with the better florida team. He has to be tired of the losing. Can you imagine D-Wade in a Magic uniform. Otis get it done. D-Wade and D-12 nice!!!!!!!!

Red, if you dont know the Heat are tanking the season. Hell Miami in all sports are tanking the season. Its time to be a Magic fan man. How can you deal with all them losses. The only positive yall have for this season is that D-Wade have some of the best commercials and yall ALMOST beat the Celtics losing by 1pt. Damm thats terrible.

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

quote:

quote:

Damm Red Lion, when is the misery gonna end. Where are the basketball gods when you need them. Its like they dont show up for the Heat no more. 4-15 damm thats terrible. I bet yall cant get to 5 wins by Christmas LMAO!!!!

Wade needs to come play with the better florida team. He has to be tired of the losing. Can you imagine D-Wade in a Magic uniform. Otis get it done. D-Wade and D-12 nice!!!!!!!!

Red, if you dont know the Heat are tanking the season. Hell Miami in all sports are tanking the season. Its time to be a Magic fan man. How can you deal with all them losses. The only positive yall have for this season is that D-Wade have some of the best commercials and yall ALMOST beat the Celtics losing by 1pt. Damm thats terrible.

Everybody must be walking around Miami with their heads down. Its ok maybe next year. Its just depressing to watch yall lose in football and basketball.

quote:

quote:
LMAO, Yeah there was no chance that Stan would ever lead the Heat to a championship. Even though he almost did it the year before with an injured Wade. You might be too young to remember that though.

Its funny that you brought up the ring comparison. Riley was quick to stab his friend in the back when he thought he had a chance to steal the glory. It looks like that decision may come back to haunt him now.

That 2005 event was precisley the one that fired me up to hate on the piston fanbase and the pistons,i was 14-15 at the time.And the whole stealing glory is an inmature opinion.SVG said time out and time again he left for family reasons.Riles was the best option to coach at that time.

LMAO, Me commenting on a series of events that is common knowledge is a inmature opinion? Are you friggin serious? There were analysts and NBA insiders that were commenting on Riley stepping in months before the season even started. Even after the Pistons series the year before when Riley was asked if Stan's job was in jeopardy he responded with "That a loaded question." Yeah that sounds like a GM that is happy with Stan coaching the team. Then Riley brings in some of the most uncoachable players in the league to make Stan's job even more difficult. Who completely overhauls a team that was one game from the finals with an injured Wade? Hmmm, maybe a guy who is trying to sabotage the coach so he can take the reigns. Well go figure, the Heat get off to a slow start (like every other team in the league that adds 4 new players to a roster) and all of a sudden Stan needs to step down. If that isn't clearly a case of a guy that was tired of being set up to fail I don't know what is.

You want to know why Stan doesn't speak up about Riley? Because he is a classy individual that doesn't want to start a media frenzy and be a distraction to the Magic. There is nothing to gain by him going public. Not to mention, as part of his release agreement from the Heat he had to sing a no disclosure agreement. LOL, that sounds like a standard move. Why would Riley care about what Stan might say if SVG really did "want to spend more time when his kids"? Watching the two of them shake hands after the Heat game was incredibly awkward. For a guy that was Riley's number one assistant for several years its pretty clear that something happened that damaged the relationship beyond repair.

quote:
and just on a side note....Why am i seen all these "SVG is not deliviering to the expected potential" threadsicon_biggrin.gif

I would respond to this but I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Are you suggesting that our young players aren't playing to their potential?

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

quote:
LMAO, Yeah there was no chance that Stan would ever lead the Heat to a championship. Even though he almost did it the year before with an injured Wade. You might be too young to remember that though.

Its funny that you brought up the ring comparison. Riley was quick to stab his friend in the back when he thought he had a chance to steal the glory. It looks like that decision may come back to haunt him now.

That 2005 event was precisley the one that fired me up to hate on the piston fanbase and the pistons,i was 14-15 at the time.And the whole stealing glory is an inmature opinion.SVG said time out and time again he left for family reasons.Riles was the best option to coach at that time.

LMAO, Me commenting on a series of events that is common knowledge is a inmature opinion? Are you friggin serious? There were analysts and NBA insiders that were commenting on Riley stepping in months before the season even started. Even after the Pistons series the year before when Riley was asked if Stan's job was in jeopardy he responded with "That a loaded question." Yeah that sounds like a GM that is happy with Stan coaching the team. Then Riley brings in some of the most uncoachable players in the league to make Stan's job even more difficult. Who completely overhauls a team that was one game from the finals with an injured Wade? Hmmm, maybe a guy who is trying to sabotage the coach so he can take the reigns. Well go figure, the Heat get off to a slow start (like every other team in the league that adds 4 new players to a roster) and all of a sudden Stan needs to step down. If that isn't clearly a case of a guy that was tired of being set up to fail I don't know what is.

You want to know why Stan doesn't speak up about Riley? Because he is a classy individual that doesn't want to start a media frenzy and be a distraction to the Magic. There is nothing to gain by him going public. Not to mention, as part of his release agreement from the Heat he had to sing a no disclosure agreement. LOL, that sounds like a standard move. Why would Riley care about what Stan might say if SVG really did "want to spend more time when his kids"? Watching the two of them shake hands after the Heat game was incredibly awkward. For a guy that was Riley's number one assistant for several years its pretty clear that something happened that damaged the relationship beyond repair.

quote:
and just on a side note....Why am i seen all these "SVG is not deliviering to the expected potential" threadsicon_biggrin.gif

I would respond to this but I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Are you suggesting that our young players aren't playing to their potential?

Nyce post Emory.