Sign in to follow this  
Big L

1st Quarter of season assesment

16-4 is a great record, but what I like the most is the fact that we are 9-1 in conference play and 3-0 in division play. Plus we have a 6.5 game lead in our division. For a 50 win season (which is usually a playoff season)all we have to do is win 34 out of the next 62. I don't see this team not being able to at least go 34-28 in the next 62 games. Which means this team can and should win 50-55+ games this season. Our schedule actually gets easier as the season progresses and we have more home games than away games in the next 62. I like everything I've seen so far from this team. Credit goes to Otis, Stan, Ewing and Dwight's work ethic. The only thing I would like to see change is the amount of minutes that Shard and Dwight play, we can't run them ragged if we expect to make some noise in the playoffs. Your thoughts?

16-4 is a great record, but what I like the most is the fact that we are 9-1 in conference play and 3-0 in division play. Plus we have a 6.5 game lead in our division. For a 50 win season (which is usually a playoff season)all we have to do is win 34 out of the next 62. I don't see this team not being able to at least go 34-28 in the next 62 games. Which means this team can and should win 50-55+ games this season. Our schedule actually gets easier as the season progresses and we have more home games than away games in the next 62. I like everything I've seen so far from this team. Credit goes to Otis, Stan, Ewing and Dwight's work ethic. The only thing I would like to see change is the amount of minutes that Shard and Dwight play, we can't run them ragged if we expect to make some noise in the playoffs. Your thoughts?

I agree about the minutes, Dwight is about as athletic as a big can come but even he will start to wear down over 82 games.

I dont think anyone can complain about our first quarter, we have been amazing. The most impressive thing for me is the road wins, we used to go to places like LA and GS and lose, now we are going and outplaying the home teams as well as getting the W.

The only thing that is slightly worrying is our 4 losses have come against the "elite" teams and if we want to make any noise in the post season we have to work out how to beat teams like Detroit and potentitally the Suns/Spurs if we went all the way.

Yeah, Detroit is our biggest problem. We need to figure out how to contain Billups. Maybe we could have Evans and Bogans on the court and have Hedo play the point forward. Then we bring meer and los when they rest their starting backcourt.

Anyone who thinks Dwight can't handle an 82 game season should seriously remove themselves from this planet. These guys are physical freaks... they'll be fine

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

Anyone who thinks Dwight can't handle an 82 game season should seriously remove themselves from this planet. These guys are physical freaks... they'll be fine

Hey, Phoenix Suns are physical freaks too.....and they still haven't won gold because they wear done.

I know Dwight has been doing great of late but don't forget, Dwight is human. Dwight should be able to handle this entire season.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

Hey, Phoenix Suns are physical freaks too.....and they still haven't won gold because they wear done.

I know Dwight has been doing great of late but don't forget, Dwight is human. Dwight should be able to handle this entire season.

I don't know whether the Suns "wearing down" last year had more to do with no title, or the fact that Robert Horry happened...