Sign in to follow this  
alexjbaum10

Rashard struggles again...

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by alexjbaum10:

Wow really? Um have u watched the games? can you see what stans offensive philosohpy is? this offense isnt rashard needs to create and get 26-30 pts and he hasnt been doing it...this offense is 4 shooters spread the floor dwight howard down low with a lot of pick and roll...if you arent picking or rolling, then stay by the 3 if the defense collapses...puts a lot of pressure on the defense due to the fact so many teams struggle with pick and roll defense...just stop blaming rashard for being in an offense where hes not the focal point every play

LOL! Poor little guy. He just doesn't know any better than to pick a fight with me.

What Alex is stating is basically my thoughts as well. SVG has done little to nothing, except to draw up the occasional play out of timeouts, to get the ball specifically to Rashard to utilize his talents.

We bring bring rashard lewis to be that he is right now in our team.

The combo of this team make us one of the east champ contenders (at least).

We pay 118 mil for this team, for this combo, not only for rashard Lewis.

i guess if he make 22 points in seattle why he can

quote:
Originally posted by I Rasharted:

There's no point in arguing, guys. Ignore him and enjoy the wins.

I sometimes enjoy his points of view, and personally like discussing things with people whom I don't see eye to eye.

So lets get this straight, as long as we're winning it doesn't matter how Rashard plays? So if we start losing does that mean that some of you will turn into rabid lunatics and jump down his throat?

It's fair to say we're winning, but it's also fair to point out that he hasn't exactly lived up to what we thought he would be so far. He has been clutch in pressure situations this year, especially in the 4th quarter last night, but I expected more befre the year started.

If you watch the games he really isn't agressive at all. If his defender gets right in his face, he backs down and passes the ball immediatly. He needs to get a little more physical and drive to the basket more. If he can't expand his offensive game with the best center in the league drawing three guys every play, than that's a problem in my mind.

I ask you this one simple question folks.

What if Rashard is living up to and doing exactly what the Magic organization and coach Van Gundy wanted him to do all along?

Doesn't that automatically make our thoughts and opinions on him obsolete?

Sit on that for awhile.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by I Rasharted:

There's no point in arguing, guys. Ignore him and enjoy the wins.

I sometimes enjoy his points of view, and personally like discussing things with people whom I don't see eye to eye.

I take it you also enjoy banging your head against brick walls? For kicks?

Kidding. To each his own, of course.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

What if Rashard is living up to and doing exactly what the Magic organization and coach Van Gundy wanted him to do all along?

Sit on that for awhile.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Hooray for stating the obvious.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Sit on that for awhile.

I don't think we would of been so willing to overpay for him if that's all we wanted. I hate to bring up the contract again but it's the truth.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

So lets get this straight, as long as we're winning it doesn't matter how Rashard plays? So if we start losing does that mean that some of you will turn into rabid lunatics and jump down his throat?

It's fair to say we're winning, but it's also fair to point out that he hasn't exactly lived up to what we thought he would be so far. He has been clutch in pressure situations this year, especially in the 4th quarter last night, but I expected more befre the year started.

If you watch the games he really isn't agressive at all. If his defender gets right in his face, he backs down and passes the ball immediatly. He needs to get a little more physical and drive to the basket more. If he can't expand his offensive game with the best center in the league drawing three guys every play, than that's a problem in my mind.

I'm tellin you guys that are questioning Rashard, SVG just isn't giving him opportunities in our offense.

Rashard isn't an aggressive player. The dude needs to be set up in proper spots - his strength is the fact he can get the ball in the hoop from anywhere on the court, his strength isn't as a creator.

All the offense at our forward positions is being run through Hedo.

I think Jareth is on the money - about all SVG has probably instructed Rashard to do is:

- Don't hold the ball

- Don't put pressure on yourself to create offense

- Stay open for 3's and let the game come to you

If we'd do more to get the ball to Rashard in 1-on-1 situations on the wings, which we NEVER set up for Rashard, he'd be doing a lot more on offense.

We also could give him a set number of post opportunities every game, maybe 3 set post plays per game, but all that would do is take touches away from Dwight.

My only complaint is, if we spent all this cash on Rashard, how are we not making him a focal point? The whole offense is geared around D12 and Hedo, and Jameer / Arroyo whenever either of them is in rythm. In the long run, we need to make more offense structured for Rashard and less for Hedo if we plan on getting a full return on our investment.

But seriously, why change anything when we're winning and Rashard has not an OUNCE of ill-will about his "lack of being a focal point on offense". This is why we wanted Rashard so bad - the dude is selfless on the court. Perfect fit.

I agree with you partially, but with the openings that Dwight creates I can't understand why he can't make things happen in the lane. Let's face it the only reason why Hedo is has been so good this year is because he's taking advantage of what Dwight leaves for him. Have you ever seen Hedo so agressive in your life? Dwight draws so much attention that's it's unacceptable in my mind for Rashard to be nothing more than a spot up three point shooter.

Maybe your right about SVG. Maybe Rashard is doing what he's been told. I truely hope that's not the case. You don't bank roll your budget on a guy who is only expected to spot up for threes.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

I agree with you partially, but with the openings that Dwight creates I can't understand why he can't make things happen in the lane. Let's face the only reason why Hedo is has been so good this year is because he's taking advantage of what Dwight leaves for him. Have you ever seen Hedo so agressive in your life? Dwight draws so much attention that's it's unacceptable in my mind for Rashard to be nothing more than a spot up three point shooter.

Maybe your right about SVG. Maybe Rashard is doing what he's been told. I truely hope that's not the case. You don't bank roll your budget on a guy who is only expected to spot up for threes.

Yea, I mean, it's just a hunch basically about Rashard and his role, it's what I can gather watching the team on TV. IMO Hedo is being aggressive in a new role given to him by SVG... which is related to all the talk during the summer about how "Hedo is an extremely important piece to our team" and why Otis didn't want to even consider trading him.

I don't think SVG says "Hedo, Rashard, you guys figure it out on the court". I think SVG is literally giving Hedo the reigns, handing him the role that Hedo is so aggressive in right now. Which is fantastic - it's opening up so much more of Hedo's game. But it's definitely shadowing our $118 million man.

Regardless of wins / losses, if Rashard doesn't have an expanded role by the All-Star break.. I'm going to seriously wonder why we aren't trying to utilize Rashard's game more. SVG said it himself - there's a lot to Rashard that we haven't seen yet. And I think it's up to SVG to get more out of Rashard.