Sign in to follow this  
Manu Ginobili

Hedo All Star?

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

IMO, for Turk to be able to enter the all-star game, he needs to change his play into a flashy and highlight type of game. thats the only way I can see turk make it.

I agree!

But Turk is playing a good team play, and as long as he plays like that i dont care if he makes allstar.

Hey, if Memo can make it in the big man filled West, then I think Turk has a shot at it.

Then again, the East has Bron...and Pierce, and RJ, Iguodala, Prince, Granger (He may have a shot), Deng, Wallace, Butler, and so on....

Still, I think that he and Shard have a legitimate chance to get in the game. We know Dwight's in, maybe even a starter.

quote:
Originally posted by Fern1960:

Hedo is having a trememdous season. I think he is out playing Rashard Lewis...

Turk is playing very well but I dont think he is out playing Shard. It is close though, but when i see that turk is shooting a lower percentage overall, from 3 and at the line; that doesnt look good. Turk does have more rebounds but I think that is because Turk has been getting a lot more time at the 4 than Shard. Turk has more assists but he also has more turnovers more fouls and less steals.

Anyways, they are both playing great but I dont think Hedo will get into the All-Star game. There is too much competition at the position and I dont think Hedo can keep up this play until the all-star game. I mean has everyone forgotten about his mysterious illness? I'm sure that will hit him at some point and break him from this great play he has been having.

I seriously belive that he is out playing Lewis cause to me it looks like Lewis is so 1 sided of a player and Turkoglu does more to get his points. Basically Turk creates his shots better than Lewis does and that makes him slightly better right now. Lewis just havent shown much of ball handling skills or creating a shot. Hes more of a set shooter at times and i was wondering if Lewis could shoot of screens like Rip Hamilton does. Its really hard to block his shot and if SVG could add that to his game then he could be really unstoppable. Since hes more of a catch and shoot type player, maybe it should be more plays drawn up for him instead of just roam the perimeter to shoot 3s. He should have more mid range game as well. Thats were Turk got Lewis at. Turk is considered our slasher with Nelson and Howard is in the paint leaving Lewis and Bogans to spot up on the perimeter. Hell its working and Turk is taking advantage of this, but i feel like Lewis needs to be included more in the offense. But so far Turk is out playing him. You never know, that just might be his role to be the slasher type player and Lewis to be more of the spot up shooter. Whaterver works. Hell were winning.

I think Turk is benefiting greatly from the defensive attention that Shard and Howard command. He is exactly what we needed, which was a third option to step up and make teams pay.

That being said, call me selfish, but I would rather not see any of our guys in the all star game... they play so many minutes... let them rest a few days lol.