Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Magic Acquire Brian Cook and Maurice Evans From L.A. Lakers

quote:
Originally posted by TheDarkSide:

Their was no reason for this trade to go down. We have one of the top records in the NBA, and we will win our division. No on expected us to win the championship, and these two players dont help us at all. We traded a lot of upside and a freak of nature for Cook who is a younger Tony Battie, and another PG " We got a PG Jam"

We Could Have Traded Ariza to the Kincks for David Lee.

We could have traded Ariza and JJ to the Pacers for J.O'neal.

We should have traded Ariza and JJ to the Lakers and got back Bynum in the deal.

Their was no reason to panic here.

This reminds me of the season Puck Head made the trade Mobley for Christie, we had the best record in the NBA and it screwed up our team. It may not screw up our team now, but in the future we will regret trading t mac 2 for nothing.

Lol. I think you are seriously over-valuing our bench players. The three players that you mentioned have all caused deals not to go through because their respective teams found them too valuable. Weren't there J O'Neal and J Kidd deals to the Lakers that didn't go through because they didn't want to throw in Bynum? But they'd do it for our backups? Lee is not available either.

Ariza is not a bench player. If you watched any of the streaming games from the Away teams, they always talk about how he should be in a starting line up some where in the league. If you think Ariza is a bench player I don't think you ever watched a game of basketball in your life.

Are you kidding me???? We trade one of our most promising young players to the Lakers for two guys named Cook and Evans??? Who are these guys?

Otis Smith has made one his biggest mistakes ever. No one has ever heard of these guys. They are nobodys. Was Smith even thinking when he did this??? These boneheads can't defend the players like Kobe, Lebron, and the Dwayne Wades who Trevor often defended.

This trade is despicable. Trevor was a key player. Why couldnt we have given someone like Pat Garrity or Carlos Arroyo off??? At least Trevor and Bo brought energy. Now all we have is guys who bring the unknown. Their averages were not very good and I'm not impressed. [

Email me at: dfalk09@yahoo.com if you wanna talk

The DarkSide thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

1) The Knicks already have an Ariza like player, and they just got rid of Ariza i doubt they would take him back.

2)Ariza and JJ for Oneal??? Are you serious? We should have just done Kobe for Ariza straight up. Lets get real Oneal is a franchise player, Ariza is pure potential and JJ nothing right now.

3)The Laker wouldn't trade Bynum for Jason Kid, you honestly Think they would trade him for Ariza and JJ? Lets not get crazy with what we could have done. None of your scenarios work and are all foolish.

There is no way Ariza could have been traded for Bynum. Ariza is just potential and he has not done nothin for us dis year. And Ariza might become a good player but never a Tmac. I liked Ariza but he wasnt a big part of this team.

quote:
We should have traded Ariza and JJ to the Lakers and got back Bynum in the deal.

That deal would not have went down. People have been trying to get at Bynum for a while, and they have made it clear that they are not willing to deal Bynum. Yeah, we could have asked and probably did want to discuss him..but they were not having it. The knicks deal probably not either...

It's your right to not like the deal, but at least the options you offer should be realistic.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

Evans video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jtkr7nazogg

Man, I know YouTube makes all players look good but you guys need to watch this video. You'l forget all about Trevor! Kids got some awesome dunks!!!

BJ...I don't think I would want to forget the kid.....but I see what you mean....I am loving it!!! WOW

By the way the lakers are playing the Pacers on the NBALP @ 7:00

Magic09 have you been watching the magic games this year? What key part did Ariza play... He is averaging like 12 minutes a game if that. I love the guy but your giving him to much Credit. Our record is not because of Ariza. Its because our starters are working their butts off and need some bench players who can score so they can have some rest.

If you haven't heard of Cook and Evan than how do you know they can't defend?

Hey everyone, First of all, I am a Laker fan, I respect Orlando and I love watching dwight play. I jumped on the forums to do a little research on ariza, I have never seen him play. I started reading some of the posts and figured I would try to help you guys figure out who you got.

Cook - To be honest, us Laker fans are glad to see him go. He is a solid outside shooter, but I get upset everytime I see him on the floor. He is quite lazy and doesnt use his size like he should.

Evans - I am in shock we let Evans go. He is a very good player. He is not as consistant as we hoped he was, but every once in awhile he can drop some buckets on some great defenders and really change the pace of the game. He is a solid defensive player. He loves having the ball, if he gets the ball and starts a dribble, its a good bet hes going to put up a shot.

I hope this helps, I have been watching both of them sense they came to LA, I wish both of them the best of luck and I hope they can help Orlando continue on the path they have been going. (I would love to see orlando beat boston and detroit this year). Im going to kick it on the forums a bit longer and learn a little bit more about trevor, if anyone has any questions about evans/cook, ill be happy to answer to the best of my ability.

Sain

Isah Thomas has stated like 50 million times that he wants back Trevor where have you been and he has been trying to trade Lee.

O'neal has been on the trading block for the past few years an wants to get out. Things got so bad for him up in Pacer land before the start of the season they almost had no choice to trade.

So we cant get Bynum, but they can steal Ariza...

As someone accused of being a negative poster....well...I cant see why. This trade completes the T-Mac+9 milloin dollar slot+1st round pick in the deepest draft in 20 years for evans and cook....its poetic. Two scrubs for all our flexibility, a first, and t-mac...Both will be out of the league in 2 years. Can you say incompetant?

Thank god we already have garrity on the club or Otis would have traded Howard and 2 firsts to get him.