Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Magic Acquire Brian Cook and Maurice Evans From L.A. Lakers

quote:
Thank You Now I Can Goto Bed Happy

And Once Again The Stats

Are you ready for this. Remember Trevor is 7 years younger then Evans and they basically played the same amount of NBA Games

quote:
quote:

Originally posted by Sain:

Lewis is 28?

Cook is 28?

Evans is 27?

Didn't see you complain when we signed Lewis.

They are young, stop crying.

I did complain when we signed Lewis and if we would have matched the highest offer and give him 10 more million then any other team could have he would have made 85 million and we could have resigned Darko and not been in this mess at all.

I wasn't talking about the money. I'm talking about the age. And this post wasn't to you. It was to the guy who said otis is looking to win a championship in the next 2 years or w/e

(And we will be contenders this year and years to come)

quote:
quote:

Thank You Now I Can Goto Bed Happy

And Once Again The Stats

Are you ready for this. Remember Trevor is 7 years younger then Evans and they basically played the same amount of NBA Games

Quote/You guys are and always have over-valued Trevor Ariza. The guy couldn't even break into Stan's rotation. Not only has his shooting failed but I've never seen him play with such low confidence. Just because a guy can dunk doesn't mean he's a good/great player./Quote

Add the possibility that maybe Trevor won't ever be 100% after the injury and maybge WE got the steal here.

The Lakers focus their offense around Kobe & the triangle... let's see what Stan can do with these guys in his offense... and I'll bet he can get more D out of them than Phil did too!

Love Trevor but GOOD TRADE and more to come... thanks Otis! GO MAGIC!

I bet the Lakers was laughing the whole dang time when they find out they could get Ariza for Cook and Evans. Ariza jumpshot might not be falling right now, but with the right shooting coach who knows how well he can became. Phil always get surrounded with good up and coming players for some reason i swear that guy is blessed. Ariza might cant shoot good but hes a great finisher and great defender and rebounder. Who knows we couldve just gave away a young Shawn Marion for nothing basically. Unbelievable. Im gonna tell you guys like this cause ive watched alot of Laker games, Cook is trash. Hes not a good rebounder and he sucks on defense. Turkoglu is a better rebounder and defender than he is. Evans was good but Cook wasnt worth trading for, trust me. He is so inconsistent its ridiculous. Now the Lakers have Kobe,Odom,Ariza,Bynum, and Turiaf. I swear when does it end. We always give away our up and coming talent for nothing then they turn out years later better than they expected. Howard was terrible at Freethrows but you can see the drastic change over summer in his free throw shooting. All Ariza needs is a good shooting coach but the Magic always so impatient. This really pisses me off. Evans is a good pick up but Cook isnt worth trading Garrity for.

Jeez. I leave Otis alone to run the team in my abscence for one day, and this is what happens?

OK. There are only two scenarios that can make sense of this trade.

1) Otis has already been notified by Ariza's agent that they will seek at least the MLE this Summer.

2) Ariza isn't fully recovered from last season's injury and isn't demonstrating great strides in overcoming that devastating injury.

Otherwise, there is nothing that can be said that will justify this trade. So what if Ariza, can't shoot. We have one of the best shooters in the league sitting the bench (only playing 14 total minutes all season). We have plenty of other guys on the floor that can shoot also. I doubt that a lack of shooters is our problem. So immediately that arguement can be dismissed.

Yes, the Magic need size, but isn't that why we applied for the IE? Now, we have no young, promising forward, no IE, and have two fewer PFs on the roster.

Essentially, we just lost Ariza, the IE, Bo, and Gortat (who was optioned) in exchange for two of the Lakers bench players (one of which is expiring at the end of this season and could very well leave this team for greener pastures).

The Magic aren't currently in a position where we are desperate for a big man, so the timing and the components of this trade stinks.

We very easily could wait until the trade deadline to address our problem with depth in the frontcourt (if indeed it is identified as a problem). A record of 10-2 right now doesn't indicate a glaring need for immediate change and that's why I hate this deal.

I know it is late but did I seriously just read that Kobe was going to take Trevor under his wing and he would get better and that Phil Jackson develop's young players?? The same Kobe that was caught on video ripping Bynum because he wasn't traded for a seasoned vet (Kidd) to help him right now? The same Phil that picks teams to go to that are ready to win already? He's excellent at mixing players but who has he developed?

Trevor should get more mins but in the triangle everyone has to be able to pass, not one of Trevor's strengths. I hope he gets plenty of mins but I honestly think he will fill a similar role for them as he did for us.

I hope this works out, maybe it is homerism but I thought we could get more for Trevor. This is going to come down to what SVG can get out of these guys. He's done pretty darn well so far, Jameer, Kieth, Hedo all look much better under SVG and everyone is playing D. I guess we will see what happens.

What I am trying to say out of all of this is Ariza has better stats being 7 years younger then Evans who is a Veteran in the NBA. They played almost the same amount of games as well.

You all are saying you don't know what Trevor will be like in 7 years, well he is better then Evans stat wise right now.

Trevors potential is as high as the sky, because all of you are hyping Evans, well you know what Trevor has already out done him at 22 years old, and he will be way better at the age of 27 then Evans is now. So shouldnt we have got more for Ariza then cook and evans, yes!