Sign in to follow this  
lazee

Scott Anez Big Fan of JJ Redick

http://580wdbo.com/features/ScottSez.html

quote:
I'M A BIG FAN JJ

I hereby declare myself the President of the JJ Redick Fan Club!

Heck, I was a member of the club as far back as the pre-draft days (see Sez Archives) when I called for the Orlando Magic to draft the kid.

Granted, JJ's rookie NBA season has been rocky. The back problem prevented him from playing in the summer league and with Team USA. The foot ailment hampered him in training camp, the preseason and on into the regular season. He had played in just nine of the first 43 games.

With this Magic team being heavy on shooting guards, JJ bit his lip. He kept working hard and just hung in there. Looks to me as if JJ has finally entered Coach Brian Hill's circle of trust.

JJ's getting minutes. No, not a lion's share; he's getting about 21 minutes per game the last three, averaging 10 points off the bench.

Here is why I am the self-proclaimed Prez of JJ's Fan Club:

1...The obvious reason is his deadly outside shot. JJ is within range when he steps into the arena. JJ is one of those rare NBA birds who has the ability to spread a defense, something that I'd love to see more of with Dwight Howard in the post.

2...Basketball IQ. JJ's understanding of the game of basketball is off the charts. He's not JUST a good shooter. JJ really is a student of the game. He continually makes winning basketball plays.

3...Attitude. The kid's a winner, pure and simple. He's downright ****y, but it's a good ****iness. The kid honestly believes that he can beat anyone, any time, any place.

You know who JJ reminds me of, off the court? Scott Skiles. The two share the same kind of confident persona. They each have the drive to win. They share the same kind of basketball intellect.

JJ's far from a finished product. I think this summer, playing with Team USA and in the summer league will help. He's gonna have to get stronger and work on his lateral quickness.

But, as of this day, 3-21-07, I hereby declare myself the President of the JJ Redick Fan Club.

Anybody else want in?

http://580wdbo.com/features/ScottSez.html

quote:
I'M A BIG FAN JJ

I hereby declare myself the President of the JJ Redick Fan Club!

Heck, I was a member of the club as far back as the pre-draft days (see Sez Archives) when I called for the Orlando Magic to draft the kid.

Granted, JJ's rookie NBA season has been rocky. The back problem prevented him from playing in the summer league and with Team USA. The foot ailment hampered him in training camp, the preseason and on into the regular season. He had played in just nine of the first 43 games.

With this Magic team being heavy on shooting guards, JJ bit his lip. He kept working hard and just hung in there. Looks to me as if JJ has finally entered Coach Brian Hill's circle of trust.

JJ's getting minutes. No, not a lion's share; he's getting about 21 minutes per game the last three, averaging 10 points off the bench.

Here is why I am the self-proclaimed Prez of JJ's Fan Club:

1...The obvious reason is his deadly outside shot. JJ is within range when he steps into the arena. JJ is one of those rare NBA birds who has the ability to spread a defense, something that I'd love to see more of with Dwight Howard in the post.

2...Basketball IQ. JJ's understanding of the game of basketball is off the charts. He's not JUST a good shooter. JJ really is a student of the game. He continually makes winning basketball plays.

3...Attitude. The kid's a winner, pure and simple. He's downright ****y, but it's a good ****iness. The kid honestly believes that he can beat anyone, any time, any place.

You know who JJ reminds me of, off the court? Scott Skiles. The two share the same kind of confident persona. They each have the drive to win. They share the same kind of basketball intellect.

JJ's far from a finished product. I think this summer, playing with Team USA and in the summer league will help. He's gonna have to get stronger and work on his lateral quickness.

But, as of this day, 3-21-07, I hereby declare myself the President of the JJ Redick Fan Club.

Anybody else want in?

Thanks for the article Lazee. I never thought of Skiles as a comparison but I can kind of see it in JJ's demeanor.