Sign in to follow this  
Frankie Figgs

Puerto Rican lament for Arroyo

man.. this topic is still kickin' wow..

What's with the Arroyo bashing? The only time I saw the Jazz play having arroyo and he played brilliantly and won the game. Jameer has had his moments too like in the S.A. game.

IMO they both pretty much cancel out. So not being a big fan of either, let's look at their physique. Carlos is at least a little taller and can pass for a basketball player. Meanwhile Jameer looks like a wresler, like he hasn't slept in a week, and those tatooes aren't pretty..

Jameer is one of the few guards who averages more turnovers than assists, who doesn't like to pass and has no feel to be a PG whatsoever. He's really a way undersized SG. I'm little harder on him because he's the self appointed "leader" and B.Hill's favorite, when actually is as much of a bench player as Carlos, if not more.

Carlos takes bad shots and plays a little better D than Jameer, can play the point better but Jameer is a better clutch shooter and a more consistent scorer.

If I want to win the game with clutch shooting I'd put in Jameer, if I want a PG to run the offense and give their teammates more touches, Carlos is the one.

Everybody is talking on how Puertorican fans suck about staying alongside of struggling Arroyo but nobody talk about the reverse side. Some "moderators" like FENDI, DAVICIC etc doesnt mention the other side that defend only United State's players. Everybody follow their favorite players, buy jersey, shoes, underwear etc about favorite players with the stamp in their butts that said "Made in the USA". This people are the same that throw trash when Puertorican fans cheers with pride about his representative in the NBA and they are doing the same, how about that? people you are acting like losers.

quote:
Originally posted by FanSince1990:

man.. this topic is still kickin' wow..

What's with the Arroyo bashing? The only time I saw the Jazz play having arroyo and he played brilliantly and won the game. Jameer has had his moments too like in the S.A. game.

IMO they both pretty much cancel out. So not being a big fan of either, let's look at their physique. Carlos is at least a little taller and can pass for a basketball player. Meanwhile Jameer looks like a wresler, like he hasn't slept in a week, and those tatooes aren't pretty..

Jameer is one of the few guards who averages more turnovers than assists, who doesn't like to pass and has no feel to be a PG whatsoever. He's really a way undersized SG. I'm little harder on him because he's the self appointed "leader" and B.Hill's favorite, when actually is as much of a bench player as Carlos, if not more.

Carlos takes bad shots and plays a little better D than Jameer, can play the point better but Jameer is a better clutch shooter and a more consistent scorer.

If I want to win the game with clutch shooting I'd put in Jameer, if I want a PG to run the offense and give their teammates more touches, Carlos is the one.

Great post! I am not an Arroyo but a MAgic Fan. I have said many times that Carlos has the potential to be the best pg on this team if he concentrated on leading the team. Instead he always has to get his, which is what makes him his own worst enemy. On the other hand being a Magic fan I am so sick and tired of Jameer that I have disdain for him. I don't like players that are always smiling, and going through the motions while his HIS team is getting their asses handed to them. It just rubs me the wrong way. Let me tell you that no way would I allow this guy to be a team leader. And yes I know D12 acts the same at times but he unlike Jameer is not expendable. JAMEER IS NOT THIS TEAMS PRESENT OR FUTURE ANSWER AT THE POINT.

The last time I looked this was the USA?? So tell me why again that the people in the US should not cheer for US players. Believe me that 99% of Americans could care what color or nationality a player is. If they did they would never watch or go to games. My family came to the US from Italy and loved the US and did whatever it took to become a US citizen including speaking and learning the language. I guess I should become a Raptors fan and cheer for Andrea Bargnani. But I would not because I am a BB fan and a Magic fan. Carlos is sitting where he should. He had 60 games to prove himself...and the bottom line is he did not.

quote:
Originally posted by magicbeliever:

The last time I looked this was the USA?? So tell me why again that the people in the US should not cheer for US players. Believe me that 99% of Americans could care what color or nationality a player is. If they did they would never watch or go to games. My family came to the US from Italy and loved the US and did whatever it took to become a US citizen including speaking and learning the language. I guess I should become a Raptors fan and cheer for Andrea Bargnani. But I would not because I am a BB fan and a Magic fan. Carlos is sitting where he should. He had 60 games to prove himself...and the bottom line is he did not.

I was born in P.R. yet I am a fan of the team. Yes I do cheer for players that are from P.R. but not at the expense of my team. Instead I hope they win when they play against other teams. As for Carlos I do agree that he blew it, but what about Jameer? Is he not deserving of riding the pine? What does he contribute on a nightly basis besides erratic play, no leadership, no focus, and more turnovers than assists? Come on we're talking about the pg position, undoubtedly the most important position on any team, yet we say one guy should rot on the bench forever and the other can continue to **** it uo again and again. Let's be fair. BTW I would let Deiner start before i'd let either Arroyo or Nelson start.

Hey people if you look at the stats Arroyo has 8ppg versus doolings 7.8 and dieners 3.8 so It looks more like the famous double standard to me. Besides people will continue to bash arroyo even if his stats were better (remember the begining of the season) And then you say you're not prejudice. It runs in your blood and roots so you will never have anything good to say.

ROTFLMAO!!!! I read the first post which is the one that started this thread... and almost a tear came off an eye... then for the heck of it I didn't read any other threads and went right to the last group because I knew it would be funny how the tone would change, and you did not let me down!!! Yes you!!! All the fans who writes here! LOL! I knew it would be a mess! And it was... It's just amazing (or embarrassing?) to see how from a thread of someone who all his intentions were to describe to those on the other side of the wall, how he sees the sky on his side and why is it a different blue; that all this other BS shows up again on who's better than who. I will suggest to all of you who are having such a heated debate AGAIN, to go to the origins of this thread and read it. MAYBE, and only maybe (crossing my fingers) you might learn something from it. I sure hope so! This is NOT another thread of who's better than whom? We have plenty of those around here. Take there your battles.

quote:
Originally posted by tonysl33:

Hey people if you look at the stats Arroyo has 8ppg versus doolings 7.8 and dieners 3.8 so It looks more like the famous double standard to me. Besides people will continue to bash arroyo even if his stats were better (remember the begining of the season) And then you say you're not prejudice. It runs in your blood and roots so you will never have anything good to say.

I am not trying to start yet another debate but in an earlier thread we touched on this, A point guard's job is not primarily to score points. If you look at the assists/turnover you will get a better idea of how they are doing.

Diener 2.69-1

Arroyo 2.15-1

Nelson 1.73-1