Sign in to follow this  
PimpinORL

[merged] who deserves to be starting PG? Arroyo or Nelson

I think while hes played good, i think jameer has showed he can playu an he has earned a starting role, but we wil have to see wha thill does when jameer comes baq, but either one would be good, an then u got the other comin offte bench so we have a solid point guard spot.

People: Patience, Patience ... We have to wait for the newbies to find their "groove" (Oh wait a minute, they already have, didn't they). Overall, it looks to me that management have don't a great job in getting GREAT Talent at a reasonable $$$$. 2nd Half of the season should be an exciting one.

Finally, this is about Team Play, guest who is a Natural PG, Leader in the Court, Allways find the open guy and is not thinking about his own shooting #s ... Yeah, Mr. Hill knows exactly what I am referring to ... Oh, I am so sorry, I almost forgot about sellout games with a SABOR LATINO !!!

quote:
Arroyo had 1 good game, and everyone is acting like he is a superstar. He is good, but let's see him play like he did last night, every game. I like Arroyo a lot, but I still think Nelson is better, and he should be the starter.

Not totally agreeing on the fact that Arroyo should start (for now!), but you must remember that Arroyo just came in, and he still does not fully know Hill's playbook, but anyways Carlos:

1. on less PT than Nelson's, put on numbers which equal or surpass Jameer's numbers (offensively took over the game when the Sonics were making a 4th quarter run)

2. involved all the players in the court

3. looked very secure taking charge of the troops, strongly directing the plays, and committing 0 TOs

4. helped fill out the stadium (the fans loved him and he fed from that; 4 sellouts in Orlando definitley thanks to Carlos = Charisma)

5. was instrumental in getting the W (which I am 100% sure the Magic could also have obtained in the NJ game if Carlos had not been taken out of the game in the 4th quarter)

6. defended effectively causing the two Sonics PGs to foul him or to commit offensive fouls in the decisive 4th quarter.

I do not know what is going to happen, and I do not want to speculate, but I see a very close "fight" for the starting PG position next season, which, as many people have stated, in the end, it is a win-win situation for Orlando!

P.S. I may sound crazy, but I would personally try a Nelson/Arroyo backcourt, just to see the "fastest backcourt explosion" in the NBA take place! My only one concern would be size/height....but the Magic now have the blessing of a young/strong/agile secondary line of defense (Howard-you-dear-rim, Battie-those-shots-outta-here, Dark-nights-for-the-opposing-players)

Carlos Arroyo is a good player but he's not going to put the team on his back and get us in the playoffs. Not this year.

Also the Dream "Team" was not a team, but a collection of individuals, that played zero defense and thought they could coast through the Olympics. The Puerto Rican Team exploited that.

Hey #30-4prez, you do realize you can edit your post instead of post 3 times in 1 thread.

Anyways, sure Arroyo is good, sure he had one good game for the Magic. Will it happen every night? We don't know, but I believe when Jameer IS back in his first few games I believe Arroyo should start. Just like we did with Grant Hill, we brought him off the bench to get him conditioned and in game shape. Although, when Jameer is healthy and can play the bigger minutes I would like to see Jameer start and let Arroyo come off the bench as backup.

I think any one of them could start any given night, depending on the team they play against. I also feel that they could split pt minutes almost equally.

quote:
Originally posted by Zero Cool:

Arroyo had 1 good game, and everyone is acting like he is a superstar. He is good, but let's see him play like he did last night, every game. I like Arroyo a lot, but I still think Nelson is better, and he should be the starter.

you have a point!!! but what would you expect from a guy that dismantled a US "Dream Team" on the olympics!!! I ean 4 u C.A. Might not be a Super Star!! But 4 us people from PR he is!! And guess what Basketball is not about scoring points !! BB is about being better as a team!! thats why i think Arroyo Should be the starting PG!! For those 3 games i saw him on the court the magic where a much better team!!! I mean i did felt that way!!! I dont expet him to score 18 pts a game i just see him help the TEAM develop into winners again!! and i still got faith on a Playoff spot!!!

i think he have earned at least a start in the next game!! and see how he manages the team in the court as a starter!!i mean i am a C.A. fan but if he blows his chances well im afraid he should be on the bench!!

Arroyo is really good. He looked like a young Jason Kidd. Hearing the fans say "Carlito" over and over again tells me that it's going "Carlito's Way". Looks like a sequel to the movie. LOL