Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

NCAA Football: Week 2

Well, obviously the story of this weekend was Appalachian State's win over #5 Michigan, and believe me...it was a shocker...i originally gave Michigan a real shot for the National Championship game...but not anymore...

which reminds me, here are my National Championship game picks:

West Virginia vs. USC

i know USC is pretty much the consensus pick, but how can you not pick them??? they have a stout D, and a lights out O...plus they play a relatively easy schedule...

as for WVU, 2 Heisman trophy candidates should make them one of the best this year...their schedule isnt terrible, and i think theyll dominate the Big East...

and as much as i hate to say it, im gonna go USC...along with everyone else in the country...theyre just too good across the board...

as for week 2:

THURSDAY:

GAME OF THE DAY- Oregon St. at Cincinnati 7:30pm ESPN HD- Oregon St. will be a good team this year, but Cincy on the other hand, is still up in the air...it will be interesting to see how good Cincy really is, but they wont win this one, the Beavers will win this one...

Friday:

GAME OF THE DAY- Navy at #15 Rutgers 7pm ESPN HD- well, its only the game of the day, because its the only game of the day...Rutgers wins BIG...

Saturday:

Miami at #5 Oklahoma 12pm ABC HD- as a Seminoles fan, i love it when these mediocre Miami teams play studd teams...Oklahoma will give Miami one of the worst losses in Hurricane History...you wait and see...Oklahoma is legit...

#16 Nebraska at Wake Forest 12pm ESPN HD- interesting matchup here, i said WF wont be the cinderella story that they were last year, but i think Nebraska is overrated...should be a good game, but im gonna go with the Cornhuskers of Nebraska...but not by much...

Oregon at Michigan 3:30pm ABC HD- after an embarassing loss last week to the Mountaineers of App. State, part of me says Michigan isnt the team i thought they were, but part of me thinks theyll bounce back and start winning ball games like they're supposed to...im gonna go with the latter...UM has a great offense with Hart, Henne, and Manningham, and their D isnt all that bad either...should be interesting, but gonna go with the Wolverines here...

#22 Boise St. at Washington 3:30pm- the Broncos first real test...should be interesting to see if theyre the legit team that they think they are...im gonna go Boise St. here, i think they are a good team, and theyre better than Washington...

UAB at FSU 5pm ESPNU- gotta love it...FSU...no contest...UNCONQUERED...

South Carolina at #11 Georgia 5:45pm ESPN2 HD- should be a good one, but not good enough...Georgia is an excellent team, and underrated, but lookout for SC in a few years...theyve got some excellent recruits, and may run the table in the SEC in a few years...

Troy at #4 Florida 6pm- do i really need to break this one down??? just cuz theyre the national champs, they think they can schedule 2 preseason games before their matchup with Tennessee next week...Gaytors here...no contest...

Notre Dame at #14 Penn St. 6pm ESPN HD- both of these teams are OVERRATED...but Notre Dame more than Penn St...the Nitanny Lions will dominate...

#19 TCU at #7 Texas 7pm- its a shame that this game isnt on National TV, cuz its gonna be a good one, TCU is an underrated squad, and some believe Texas is overrated...well, we'll find out either this week (vs TCU) or next week (AT UCF, BABAY)...but anyway, should be a good game, and im gonna go Longhorns...i think McCoy is a sleeper for the Heisman Trophy...(but hes gonna be beat out by my main man Colt Brennan)

USF at #17 Auburn 9pm ESPN2 HD- yeah, as much as i hate it, i think USF may actually take this one...USF is a sleeper, and Grothe is lookin real good...but we'll see vs. a very good Auburn D...but, i think im goin Auburn here...the Tigers will take this one, but it should be a good game...

GOTD- #9 VT at #2 LSU 9:15pm ESPN HD- wow...you cant ask for much more than this...both teams were not up to standard in their season openers, especially VT (although, give credit to ECU, they played some stout D), but i think LSU may not be the team we all thought theyd be...but we'll see on saturday night...

im gonna go LSU here...really really tough call...and i may come back to change my mind...but for now, ive got LSU winning this one in a game for the ages...it will be a great one...

Well, obviously the story of this weekend was Appalachian State's win over #5 Michigan, and believe me...it was a shocker...i originally gave Michigan a real shot for the National Championship game...but not anymore...

which reminds me, here are my National Championship game picks:

West Virginia vs. USC

i know USC is pretty much the consensus pick, but how can you not pick them??? they have a stout D, and a lights out O...plus they play a relatively easy schedule...

as for WVU, 2 Heisman trophy candidates should make them one of the best this year...their schedule isnt terrible, and i think theyll dominate the Big East...

and as much as i hate to say it, im gonna go USC...along with everyone else in the country...theyre just too good across the board...

as for week 2:

THURSDAY:

GAME OF THE DAY- Oregon St. at Cincinnati 7:30pm ESPN HD- Oregon St. will be a good team this year, but Cincy on the other hand, is still up in the air...it will be interesting to see how good Cincy really is, but they wont win this one, the Beavers will win this one...

Friday:

GAME OF THE DAY- Navy at #15 Rutgers 7pm ESPN HD- well, its only the game of the day, because its the only game of the day...Rutgers wins BIG...

Saturday:

Miami at #5 Oklahoma 12pm ABC HD- as a Seminoles fan, i love it when these mediocre Miami teams play studd teams...Oklahoma will give Miami one of the worst losses in Hurricane History...you wait and see...Oklahoma is legit...

#16 Nebraska at Wake Forest 12pm ESPN HD- interesting matchup here, i said WF wont be the cinderella story that they were last year, but i think Nebraska is overrated...should be a good game, but im gonna go with the Cornhuskers of Nebraska...but not by much...

Oregon at Michigan 3:30pm ABC HD- after an embarassing loss last week to the Mountaineers of App. State, part of me says Michigan isnt the team i thought they were, but part of me thinks theyll bounce back and start winning ball games like they're supposed to...im gonna go with the latter...UM has a great offense with Hart, Henne, and Manningham, and their D isnt all that bad either...should be interesting, but gonna go with the Wolverines here...

#22 Boise St. at Washington 3:30pm- the Broncos first real test...should be interesting to see if theyre the legit team that they think they are...im gonna go Boise St. here, i think they are a good team, and theyre better than Washington...

UAB at FSU 5pm ESPNU- gotta love it...FSU...no contest...UNCONQUERED...

South Carolina at #11 Georgia 5:45pm ESPN2 HD- should be a good one, but not good enough...Georgia is an excellent team, and underrated, but lookout for SC in a few years...theyve got some excellent recruits, and may run the table in the SEC in a few years...

Troy at #4 Florida 6pm- do i really need to break this one down??? just cuz theyre the national champs, they think they can schedule 2 preseason games before their matchup with Tennessee next week...Gaytors here...no contest...

Notre Dame at #14 Penn St. 6pm ESPN HD- both of these teams are OVERRATED...but Notre Dame more than Penn St...the Nitanny Lions will dominate...

#19 TCU at #7 Texas 7pm- its a shame that this game isnt on National TV, cuz its gonna be a good one, TCU is an underrated squad, and some believe Texas is overrated...well, we'll find out either this week (vs TCU) or next week (AT UCF, BABAY)...but anyway, should be a good game, and im gonna go Longhorns...i think McCoy is a sleeper for the Heisman Trophy...(but hes gonna be beat out by my main man Colt Brennan)

USF at #17 Auburn 9pm ESPN2 HD- yeah, as much as i hate it, i think USF may actually take this one...USF is a sleeper, and Grothe is lookin real good...but we'll see vs. a very good Auburn D...but, i think im goin Auburn here...the Tigers will take this one, but it should be a good game...

GOTD- #9 VT at #2 LSU 9:15pm ESPN HD- wow...you cant ask for much more than this...both teams were not up to standard in their season openers, especially VT (although, give credit to ECU, they played some stout D), but i think LSU may not be the team we all thought theyd be...but we'll see on saturday night...

im gonna go LSU here...really really tough call...and i may come back to change my mind...but for now, ive got LSU winning this one in a game for the ages...it will be a great one...

I was at the Auburn- KState game last weekend and the Tigers looked vulnerable. I think USF wins this one, although I am a huge Auburn fan.

I'm also a Bulls fan.

I think TCU takes Texas in an upset special.

I can't wait for UT-UF next week though. I got my Associates Degree from Tennessee so I love me some Rocky Top.

I also think Miami will make it a game against OU.

I too have LSU taking VT. VT struggled against a mediocre C-USA team at home and LSU looked dominant on the road against an SEC opponent. (I dont care that it was Miss. St.)

I say LSU by 14