Sign in to follow this  
Hutchence

Diener is my Countryman

I know for a fact that Hill not playing Diener is what really fuels me to get Hill out of here & to have Diener stay here in Orlando & maybe become a main contributor with this team.

And also the fact of bringing Dooling in as the back-up PG is a really kick in the face for Travis. Basically that was the last say for Brian Hill & as long as Hill is here, Travis will not be. Sad...

I agree with most of everything in this thread, except for about dooling, he has done a good job at the point guard position, and he does something that none of our other point guards does. He plays defense.

The really bad thing here is that aside from dooling diener's defense isn't any worse than jameer's or arroyo's, diener at least hustles.

I would like to see diener and dooling play the point the rest of the year.

The other two put way too many bad shots to play that position.

The only way we even have a shot of keeping Diener is we trade Arroyo and Dooling opts out. Even then he probably walks just for the crap this organization has put him through for the past 2 years and I wouldn't blame him at all. The only thing he has done in the past 2 years is produce whenever he was given a opportunity. I wonder if we will be saying the same thing about Augustine in another year.

The organization did one thing right tonight. Pat Garrity finally got to show off one of his designer suits.

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

I don't think it is a matter of "letting" him leave. The first chance he has to leave, he is gone.

I didn't realize Diener was a restricted free agaent. Now I think they will keep him here just in case they can find a roster spot for him. In all fairness to him they should let him leave though. Not that I want him to go, I just want him to get a start on his career already!

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

I didn't realize Diener was a restricted free agaent. Now I think they will keep him here just in case they can find a roster spot for him. In all fairness to him they should let him leave though. Not that I want him to go, I just want him to get a start on his career already!

Well, it depends on what another team is willing to offer. If another team has spotted his potential, and is willing to offer a few years at 2-3M per year, the Magic would have to match that in order to keep him. Why would the Magic pay out that kind of money to keep someone they don't even dress half the time?

I think he's gone after this year. I hope I'm wrong about how much success I expect him to have with a different team, any team not coached by Brian Hill.

I don't know about that...My insanely genius friend just made me feel a little better. What team is going to shell out a lot of money for a short, skinny kid (I added that part!) that never gets to play. I would think most organizations would be more than slightly hesitant on that one. The only way I see Diener even being happy to play here again is if BOTH Jameer and Carlos are gone. I am not so sure that he is ready to start but I know he could do a lot better than either of them.

That's right, I said it

Well two and a half months ago I wanted Diener to start because I felt he was our best true point guard. I still feel that way but most called me a moron. Oh well...