Sign in to follow this  
Hutchence

Diener is my Countryman

Ok, I understand the love people have for certain players and the reasons that they do so. That being said, I have my love for a player as well, maybe you have heard of him.

He is now in his second season with the Orlando Magic and is still not shown any respect. I am not so blind as to suggest that Travis Diener is the best thing since Orena chicken tenders, but the kid can ball!

He has been disrespected since coming to Orlando. This year he was told he was going to be given a chance at backup point guard and was given 4 games before being demoted WITHOUT EVEN BEING TOLD ahead of time. He dressed for the game and was as surprised as everyone in the stands when another player went in instead of him.

In a game in his hometown with all his friends and family he was not given the chance to play even though the Magic were clearly going to win the game.

MANY times he was put in the last minute of the game for "garbage time" or to see what he could pull off.

He has had truly good games only to benched the next game. It makes no sense.

Even when he is dressed in a suit on the sidelines he is the first one up and in the huddle during timeouts.

I understand that other players and their fans might feel slighted, but this guy has not ever been given a fair and complete chance to prove himself.

I guess it really doesn't matter at this point because he is sure to be out of here the second he can break free and go on to be on that long list of Magic Killers, as well as the even longer list of bad mistakes this organization has made.

Ok, I understand the love people have for certain players and the reasons that they do so. That being said, I have my love for a player as well, maybe you have heard of him.

He is now in his second season with the Orlando Magic and is still not shown any respect. I am not so blind as to suggest that Travis Diener is the best thing since Orena chicken tenders, but the kid can ball!

He has been disrespected since coming to Orlando. This year he was told he was going to be given a chance at backup point guard and was given 4 games before being demoted WITHOUT EVEN BEING TOLD ahead of time. He dressed for the game and was as surprised as everyone in the stands when another player went in instead of him.

In a game in his hometown with all his friends and family he was not given the chance to play even though the Magic were clearly going to win the game.

MANY times he was put in the last minute of the game for "garbage time" or to see what he could pull off.

He has had truly good games only to benched the next game. It makes no sense.

Even when he is dressed in a suit on the sidelines he is the first one up and in the huddle during timeouts.

I understand that other players and their fans might feel slighted, but this guy has not ever been given a fair and complete chance to prove himself.

I guess it really doesn't matter at this point because he is sure to be out of here the second he can break free and go on to be on that long list of Magic Killers, as well as the even longer list of bad mistakes this organization has made.

Great post Hutch!

What bums me out the most about the whole Diener thing is we had what, 2yrs to see what we have with this guy and now people around the team are talking about how we have PG issues but we never took the time to see if this guy could help us.

Now he is going to be an unrestricted free agent and we have no clue as to whether we should fight to keep him or let him walk.

I don't think it is a matter of "letting" him leave. The first chance he has to leave, he is gone. Why stay somewhere you are obviously not valued? With the addition of Keyon Dooling playing the point he was relegated to 4th point guard. Anyone who honestly believes he will stay here is delusional.

Hutchence,

I agree. Here we are strugling, needing help at the position that he plays and he doesn't get a chance. It reminds me of two other players who visited us, where never given a chance, and then left to find hapiness somewhere else. Cauncy Billups and Steve Kerr. I'm not saying he's going to become Billups, but Steve Kerr is realistic and Steve Kerr was a very valuable piece of the Chicago teams that won it all. Not a star, but a very good role player.

completely agree ags, this coaching staff is just truely, absolutely, incredibly retarded, i've always know brian hill was a tool but i am just as passionate if not more than anyone about how terible he is, not a thing he does makes sense, not a thing he says does'nt make him sound like a jackass and a idiot

if deinder had been playing consistent minutes from the start of the season, we would be in MUCH better shape then we are now, i really love deiners game and think it's a crime he hasn't played, he and carlos are gone first chance they get

I agree with this post. I've been saying all season long that we need to give Diener a decent shot to run this team. Hill is just so stubborn. He fails to effectively utilize the talent on his team. It's a shame this season was wasted, because it could have been a special one.

I think any of us would do a better job coaching for one day -- at least mixing it up to keep the Magic competitive in most games. Hill just has not adjusted, and when he does he reverts to his old losing ways.

Good post Hutch. I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen with Augustine. They keep saying we're short on bigs. I would say he could defend just as well as Bo, and better than Garrity. And would definately have more offense than Bo.

By the way, I'm a Travis fan, too.

It is getting increasingly more difficult to watch this team shoot themselves in the foot. WE all see things as they are, why can't the "bigwigs"? I agree with Augie, that must hurt hearing all the talk about "we need another big, we are short on bigs".

This team is run by morons. All of a sudden they want to run the ball after it's been posted here forever. Deiner is a **** good little player and it's too bad this dumb *** organization can never develpo any talent. We need new ownership or this wil never cgange.

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

This team is run by morons. All of a sudden they want to run the ball after it's been posted here forever. Deiner is a **** good little player and it's too bad this dumb *** organization can never develop any talent. We need new ownership or this wil never cgange.