Sign in to follow this  
Hutchence

Diener is my Countryman

perhaps he isnt making his defensive mark in practice. thats where he has to earn the chances to play in the real game, i agree he should get more opportunities given the abysmal performances of our so called point guards, but match him up against other team's points and tell me that he isnt a defensive liability. all he needs to do is work on getting quicker hands for some steals(easier said than done). or he could just develop uber court vision and become the dime master for the magic. he could carve out his niche that way, although i think that i prefer that j.j. fill that role instead.

quote:
Originally posted by FanSince1990:

Hutchence is 100% correct. Some of us here have been saying the exact same thing. Now if management would get a clue. Coach should be developing this kid who's a promising PG, instead he makes him ride the pine every game. How does management allows this is beyond logic.

It's not only very stupid, but disrespectful to someone who actually went to college and made his teammates better.

Are the Magic showing any respect to any of their young players besides Howard and Nelson?

Almost as disrespectful as to when coach put in Arroyo with 30 seconds to go in a game that was already lost, as to say: "here so you don't complain I don't put you in"

Team practice tells little how the player will perform in games, Brian will never understand Diener's ability durinng the game will overshadow any potantial shortcomings. If PGs were chosen by their lockdown defensive abilities, Steve Nash would've never been a starer, or an MVP in this league!

I am not trying to stir the pot but I don't understand how everyone is so upset that Hill put Arroyo in for 40 seconds at the end of the game. This was done to Diener twice this year and no one said a thing then. This kid finally gets activated for games only to play a worthless minute at the end of game we are going to lose. I just don't get it.