Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

(Denton blog)Grant, Tamia Hill announce new baby! (Nets blog)Their take on Vince F.A.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Rashard Lewis will be far from affordable. He is seeking a max contract.

Mo Pete, Gerald Wallace, Jason Kapono, Matt Carrol, etc will be more affordable options.

I should have been clear when discussing Lewis, I may be mistaken, but under the current CBA, isn't his max contract much less than VC??

Vince may not be looking for the max though. He may put himself on a long list with other veterans that accepted less cash to play for a contender. A hometown contender no less.

Rashard will get 16 million.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Vince may not be looking for the max though. He may put himself on a long list with other veterans that accepted less cash to play for a contender. A hometown contender no less.

Rashard will get 16 million.

Gottcha, much like BJ, I pay attention to the Nets blogs and I agree that Kidd and VC are going through the motions. If he (VC) gave no indication of staying in NJ and his agent is realativley quite, he wants to come home!

We can make moves that free up plenty of space. For example, I like Carlos, but he would fit better in Miami and they want and need a backup PG. Turk, well 3 or 4 western teams like the clippers and GS want a 6'10 pf/sf that has his skills and Bogans has plenty of interest as well! We may be stuck with Garrity unless he waives his trade kicker...and that is not impossible if we negotiate some type of bonus for his troubles! It could happen.

Gerald Wallace's stock is shooting through the roof.

You know how we say "If Trevor Ariza ever develops a jump shot, he'll be an all-star."

Gerald's even closer than that. He's got a jump shot and even a three point shot, it's just not quite consistent enough yet.

But for the mid-level price that he'll probably get on the FA market, he's pretty much a steal for that on upside alone.

At this point, if the Magic can't get VC, then he'd be a great "consolation" prize.. I think he's my 2nd most wanted FA, even over Rashard Lewis or Ray Allen. All things being equal, the tiebreaker would still be how young he is compared to Lewis and especially Allen.