Sign in to follow this  
barnettej

Tobias Harris Nickname

I was just letting you know my nickname for Tobias. And it's Optimus... Looking at all the photos, videos, quotes and write ups. And to me it fits. So that's what I'm going with.

What others choose is cool to see, I know not everyone will have the same names to people and that's all good. This wasn't a permission thread. You can like it or not.

Why did you ask for our opinion then...

Okay I have been thinking about this for sometime. We all know that Tobias is sporting number 12... Which is a bit odd you have to admit. However he has been a huge surprise, providing alot of highlights and applause. And I have used and heard the nickname "T12" float around.. It's cool... But... I think Tobias Deserves something a bit different.

After watching his "how do you like me now, highlights" recently against the Bucks, I think I have a catchier and more fitting name.. Well atleast this is what I'm gonna call him:

Optimus Prime

Thoughts?

(Sent my phone)

Yeah, T12 is fine with me.

I asked to see what others might call Tobias...

I'm sure there are exceptions, but usually nicknames are shorter than one's given name. Sounds like your riding solo on this one, but thanks for letting us know

I was just letting you know my nickname for Tobias. And it's Optimus... Looking at all the photos, videos, quotes and write ups. And to me it fits. So that's what I'm going with.

What others choose is cool to see, I know not everyone will have the same names to people and that's all good. This wasn't a permission thread. You can like it or not.

I don't like it.

• Upvote 1

I'd suggest something related to his all around game because I think that's the best thing about Tobias.

Back in the day there were a lot of nicknames like "The Admiral" or "The Glove" but that doesn't happen anymore because we're just used to abbreviations due to writing on the internet and what not.

Just look at all the "nicknames" now:

Melo

CP3

D-Wade

D-Will

LBJ

KG

KD

even in our team:

Hark

Vuch (I don't really like this one)

Henny :)/>

So, the best thing IMO would be sticking with something that's easy to write.

This is a horrible trend.

As for "Optimus Prime", we might as well call him Dr. Octopus because it makes just as much sense.

I'd suggest something related to his all around game because I think that's the best thing about Tobias.

Back in the day there were a lot of nicknames like "The Admiral" or "The Glove" but that doesn't happen anymore because we're just used to abbreviations due to writing on the internet and what not.

Just look at all the "nicknames" now:

Melo

CP3

D-Wade - Flash

D-Will

LBJ - King James

KG - The Big Ticket

KD - Durantula

even in our team:

Hark

Vuch (I don't really like this one)

Henny :)/>/>

So, the best thing IMO would be sticking with something that's easy to write.

Fixed. To be fair.