Sign in to follow this  
Daddy_Yankee

"Hopes in my mind" by Daddy Yankee

quote:
Originally posted by JJZ:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Lets remember, Jameer has been in the league for now 4 years. Nelson needs to be given a break because of factors slowing production rate. Just evaluate him half of next season. If Nelson screwed up, we can easily trade.

This isn't about production. It's about mental toughness and having a competitor's mindset, and setting a good example on the court. You don't even need any basketball ability at all for any of that.

That is what Nelson doesn't have and does have all at the same time. Like you mentioned in that earlier post, its somewhere between their where Nelson has a weak point.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

That game right there tells it all. Jameer is something special so is Arroyo. A lot of people doubt Jameer skills but hes came through for us many times. We went point for point with the World Champs. That was without a Rashard Lewis in the lineup. Otis just get us a good pf that has great rebounding and defense ability and were good. I still would try to trade Turk for Ricky Davis. You can always take in another scorer. Get us another pf and were set. Cause we already got Howard Battie Gortat and Augustine so 1 more and trade for Ricky Davis and were Champs.

First of all, this video showed why the Magic should've been the #1 seed in the east instaed of the 8. Thanks again BHill..

While Arroyo is not my favorite player or anything it also shows he's more naturally inclined to pass the ball than Meer is.

The Jameer shot that's repeated over and over was a great shot, but whoever saw that game also saw Meer didn't do that good in the first half. The video also shows him trying to be the hero, which is fine -in that game- and only occationally but in most games this didn't work out too well now did it? It also shows him missing a few 1-on-1 shots where he shouldve involved his teammates instead.

Still it was great to see that comeback, one of the best in Magic history, for sure.

And that's why Jameer can be valuable, as a shooting spark plug off the bench, not as a starting PG, sort of like Darrell Armstrong was. Meer is nowhere as good on defense as Darrell was but is as good or an even better shooter when his game is on.

in talking about nelson and attitude i thought it was a lack of respect fo a teammate when you are not totally involved in the game when you are on the bench. you never saw dooling or carlos not paying close attention. nelson wants to be a leader if he is also a star. im sorry but you have to walk the walk or you are just posing. jacklj

Look I know a lot of people think Jameer is a ball hog, shoot 1st PG. I see things totally different. When he was with St Joe's he was their leader and go to guy. He has a lot of leadership skills. Thing is he puts to much on himself to be that guy and he's not.Not in the NBA level. But who else would u rather see with the ball in his hand to win or lose the game. Thing is Jameer is built to take the pressure if he hits or miss. I mean he's small and plays with a chip on his shoulder but have u seen his massive shoulders he's like a mini full back. He can have the whole worlds problems on those shoulders lol. No seriously speaking, last year is last year, we all were disappointed with bascially the whole team, Brina Hill or whatever. Lets just see how things go this upcoming season. We got way more other problems with our roster than this whole Jameer/Arroyo thing. I know from what I see both like each other a lot and prolly challenge each other and have mutual respect for one another. Lets not bring in a PG controversy to kill this teams chemistry let the coach decide on whats best for our team. That is his job...