Sign in to follow this  
Rob

If you had to trade out of these 2 for a big(Arroyo or Dooling) Who would you trade?

to OsoTommy:

First of all were do you see anywhere in my post that im a Jameer fan. I also said I liked Arroyo alot but I think when he played for Puerto Rico who beat the United States it went to his head. He now thinks he is a ROCKSTAR... I like him alot but he needs to go back to his old style of play like when he was with Utah is all im saying. If he wants to PARTY LIKE A ROCKSTAR in Orlando. Peace bra we don't need you.

I hated to see how Jameer played too. He turned the ball over like crazy. In my opinion he is better suited for a backup role when he plays with a chip on his shoulder. This is better suited for his stlye. I wished we would of made a push for Chauncey but he is now saying he would have never left Detroit. Im a fan of the bigPG with passing ability like JKidd, Magic Johnson, Chauncey Billups type guys...

quote:
Originally posted by PR:

tHE PROBLEM WITH THIS IS YOU GUYS ARE AFRAID THAT ARROYO get a good season this year better than Nelson and you know it is posible that is the problem you dont want Arroyo HAVE A GOOD SEASON for keep Nelson in the starter position. You want to trade Arroyo for a big man and who you going to have in the PG position. Dont be afraid to say Carlos is the one that with need it is easy to say repet after me CARLOS IS THE PG THAT WITH NEED. YOU SEE EASY.

I would LOVE Carlos to prove me wrong but simple answer is he wont because he is not THAT good.

friends and board members from both sides of the fence, let it be Carlos or Jameer fans, this sort of posts that create controversy that end up in bashing players or fans is senseless and affects in no way the final decisions of our management. Lets see how our favorite players do in the new system. I would love both Carlos and Jameer have break out years for the benefit of the team. Lets see the positive side of what we have and make the best of it. ( see Jack Daniels I can do it too.LOl)

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

friends and board members from both sides of the fence, let it be Carlos or Jameer fans, this sort of posts that create controversy that end up in bashing players or fans is senseless and affects in no way the final decisions of our management. Lets see how our favorite players do in the new system. I would love both Carlos and Jameer have break out years for the benefit of the team. Lets see the positive side of what we have and make the best of it. ( see Jack Daniels I can do it too.LOl)

Agree. Them both need another oportunity to show how good they are, or how bad they are. i belivie this next season give us a great vision of our team.

I dont see the point of this thread..i mean, i will love that Carlos prove Jameer fans that he is better ..and i am sure they want that Jameer do the same... but the reality is that no one here is Otis Smith or SVG..no one here will trade Arroyo and no one here is gonna trade Meer or Dooling ( That would be cool i know)... Who will you trade? You are asking in other words = Wich of these 2 u like most? SAME THING

Dont figth each other for stupids reasons..there is no point ..when someone in this forums trades a player then i would b worried lol

My youngs padawans.. may the force be with all of you...

For Haslem I'd let Miami pick one of our three Pg's, Turk and a future pick. Haslem is young and we would have our front court for the next decade.

quote:
Originally posted by PR:

tHE PROBLEM WITH THIS IS YOU GUYS ARE AFRAID THAT ARROYO get a good season this year better than Nelson and you know it is posible that is the problem you dont want Arroyo HAVE A GOOD SEASON for keep Nelson in the starter position. You want to trade Arroyo for a big man and who you going to have in the PG position. Dont be afraid to say Carlos is the one that with need it is easy to say repet after me CARLOS IS THE PG THAT WITH NEED. YOU SEE EASY.

The difference between you and I is that you love Carlos regardless of how he plays - I want a good PG - if he could play like Steve Nash I would be screaming for him to start in front of Jameer and have Jameer play the 2guard position or be Arroyo's backup. The problem is Arroyo isn't playing like Steve Nash - he is playing like an average backup point guard at best and that is what he has shown for 5 years.

I think Nelson is a lot better - not based on last year as neither of them were any good.

I would have no problem starting Nash over Nelson, but we don't have Nash we have Carlos Arroyo - you think he is Steve Nash - sorry, but he's not.

Why would I be afraid for him to compete -I am not married to Nelson starting, but I do think he has very good upside. If we had a Steve Nash or Jason Kidd I would want them to start. It is not about being afraid of Arroyo starting - although that could be scary as I just don't think he is that good.

I value the $4m contract more than I do the player - I am just not excited about him. I feel sorry for a team that has Carlos as their starting point guard unless he does a total about face for his 5 year NBA career. If he starts playing like a star PG I'd be all for it, but 5 years is a lot of time to show it and I don't see it - sorry that you think he is the next coming of Steve Nash - the only ones who see that are typically from Puerto Rico - no one else sees it.

If he were good I'd be all for him starting - he just isn't that good or if he is he is hiding the fact based on his play.

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:
Originally posted by PR:

The difference between you and I is that you love Carlos regardless of how he plays - I want a good PG - if he could play like Steve Nash I would be screaming for him to start in front of Jameer and have Jameer play the 2guard position or be Arroyo's backup. The problem is Arroyo isn't playing like Steve Nash - he is playing like an average backup point guard at best and that is what he has shown for 5 years.

I think Nelson is a lot better - not based on last year as neither of them were any good.

I would have no problem starting Nash over Nelson, but we don't have Nash we have Carlos Arroyo - you think he is Steve Nash - sorry, but he's not.

Why would I be afraid for him to compete -I am not married to Nelson starting, but I do think he has very good upside. If we had a Steve Nash or Jason Kidd I would want them to start. It is not about being afraid of Arroyo starting - although that could be scary as I just don't think he is that good.

I value the $4m contract more than I do the player - I am just not excited about him. I feel sorry for a team that has Carlos as their starting point guard unless he does a total about face for his 5 year NBA career. If he starts playing like a star PG I'd be all for it, but 5 years is a lot of time to show it and I don't see it - sorry that you think he is the next coming of Steve Nash - the only ones who see that are typically from Puerto Rico - no one else sees it.

If he were good I'd be all for him starting - he just isn't that good or if he is he is hiding the fact based on his play.

the difference between you and me you are blind and Inot Show me when I said that Carlos is like Steve Nash show me when Isay that and second How can you said that Nelson is better than Carlos with the bad season that he got last season how can you compare Carlos with Nelson he never have the same oportunity that Nelson have to be a stater. BE REAL.

quote:
Originally posted by PR:

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:
Originally posted by PR:

the difference between you and me you are blind and Inot Show me when I said that Carlos is like Steve Nash show me when Isay that and second How can you said that Nelson is better than Carlos with the bad season that he got last season how can you compare Carlos with Nelson he never have the same oportunity that Nelson have to be a stater. BE REAL.

Jose compared Arroyo to Steve Nash in this thread already, but it is ridiculous. Quote is below from Jose.

"Arroyo is also great with the PICK and ROLL, a play that can help Dwight, similar to how Nash works it with Amare."

Jose didn't say he was as good as Nash, but he is comparing Arroyo to Nash siting similarities - sorry, but there are no similarities between Nash and Arroyo - one is an All Star and one is a career backup point guard that just isn't that good. You have to figure out which one is which.

I also said that Nelson had a bad season last year and my thinking that he has more upside than Carlos or is better than Carlos is not based on last year as he didn't show much.

I think Jameer has more upside - I am not a big fan of Carlos - he should play better, but I am not sold on him - he has had 5 years in the league and he doesn't excite me.

You could say the same for Nelson, but to claim that Arroyo is some great player right now - it just isn't true. We have 3 pg's and the phone is not ringing off the hook from other teams wanting to pick up our star backup PG that is misunderstood and would clearly be the starter if only given the chance - everyone is prejudiced against him, Howard likes Jameer better, etc. - it can't just be that Arroyo just isn't that good - fact is he just isn't that good.

I like Nelson's upside, but if he puts in another season or two at the level he played last season them I'll lump him into the Carlos Arroyo category where I'm just not that impressed. I like our chances with Nelson starting - I am not in anyway even a little excited with Carlos starting based on his play.

I'm sorry I just don't see what you see - I have seen him play in Orlando for 2 seasons and he does nothing for me.

Now his $4m contract trading that for a big man - that gets me a little excited.

PR, Knappy is a great Magic fan but he justs likes to pick a fight with Carlos admirers, its a pity he cant pick one with Garrity's admirers because we havent found one yet. Remmenber Carlos is like David to Goliath or just a Dragon slayer of the USA team. By the way our third string national team won the silver medal in the PanAm games, where the USA got eliminated in the first round by Uruguay????