Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

One obvious talk is with Minny.

Another is with Phoenix to grab oladpo and go down.

What happens is the teams will say"if we take this guy at #2 for you, here is what we want back..". Thats easy conversation and not too complicated.

The thing about it, you have to wait until the pick. If Noel is there, that changes everything. The proposed trade could be off. Thats when things get complex. So you have to try and guess what Cleveand will do so you are prepped for any scenario.

That is why you hear so many trade rumors..because teams just try and get loose deals together and tighten them up or dissolve them right up until the draft pick.

I wonder what the cost would be to move from 2 to 1 and take the guy we want....maybe a well protected first. If the Cavs arent so sold on the Noel (or whoever they deem #1) I wonder what it would take.

Most quotable moment from the press conference was Hennigan's response to his thought's on the 51st pick. "We're just looking for a human being to take"...lol!

• Upvote 1

``I’d say at least a half-dozen or so (teams) have called us with legitimate ideas to consider,’’ Hennigan said. ``I’d say of that half-dozen or so, there are still at least three or four that we’re considering sincerely.’’

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/denton-much-trust-hennigan-make-right-decisions-draft-night

It would purely be speculative unless you actually believe beat writers or "sources close to the team". Journalism be damned!

"Sources close to the team" , like Eric Bledsoe's agent?

``I’d say at least a half-dozen or so (teams) have called us with legitimate ideas to consider,’’ Hennigan said. ``I’d say of that half-dozen or so, there are still at least three or four that we’re considering sincerely.’’

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/denton-much-trust-hennigan-make-right-decisions-draft-night

Is the war room going to be available this year to watch? I remember watching Otis run through about 5 bottles of water and Dave sitting there. NEVER....AND I MEAN NEVER ONCE did they pick up the phone or make a call to anyone. Also no one called us. They worthlessly sat there doing absolutely and positively nothing and picked some worthless slug (a la Daniel Orton). I bet if we watched Henny and crew youd see a lot of action. I think Twardzik actually had a blankey and pillpw next to him during the draft. No wonder other gms thought we were bafoons.

Is the war room going to be available this year to watch? I remember watching Otis run through about 5 bottles of water and Dave sitting there. NEVER....AND I MEAN NEVER ONCE did they pick up the phone or make a call to anyone. Also no one called us. They worthlessly sat there doing absolutely and positively nothing and picked some worthless slug (a la Daniel Orton). I bet if we watched Henny and crew youd see a lot of action. I think Twardzik actually had a blankey and pillpw next to him during the draft. No wonder other gms thought we were bafoons.

I don't know, but I'm going to the draft party at the Magic grill inside the arena. Magic players are going to be there, good pic opportunity.

I have been hearing rumors that Cleveland is leaning drafting Len at #1

If so, Magic will probably draft Noel at #2

If Cleveland drafts Noel at #1

Magic will either draft McLemore at #2 or trade down

That is just my guess

I believe we are sleeping on another possibility here: Reggie Jackson. Henny drafted this joker in 2011 for OKC and he's a young, tall, athletic point guard. Might he, not Jeremy Lamb, be the player OKC is dangling to move from #12 to #2?

I believe we are sleeping on another possibility here: Reggie Jackson. Henny drafted this joker in 2011 for OKC and he's a young, tall, athletic point guard. Might he, not Jeremy Lamb, be the player OKC is dangling to move from #12 to #2?

No

That's an interesting point, although that's a giant leap up the draft board for Reggie Jackson. We'd need quite a bit more than just him.

My point is I believe Henny is probably still high on young guns on OKC's roster, as he obviously had a huge role in evaluating them (e.g. Jackson and Lamb). Moreover, OKC has been meeting with the top prospects of this draft. I find that very interesting.

My point is I believe Henny is probably still high on young guns on OKC's roster, as he obviously had a huge role in evaluating them (e.g. Jackson and Lamb). Moreover, OKC has been meeting with the top prospects of this draft. I find that very interesting.

I don't care for Lamb and OKC didn't draft him, although they surely scouted him. I'd rather have Perry Jones along with Reggie Jackson but that's still not enough