Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

new espn article....magic are losers

this is a continuation of their article from wednesday. here are the losers:

16. Orlando Magic

(added Rashard Lewis; lost Grant Hill, Darko Milicic and Travis Diener; replaced Brian Hill with Stan Van Gundy)

They overpaid for Lewis, but picking him up undoubtedly will pay some short-term dividends. Fair enough. But is Lewis enough to offset the losses of Hill and Milicic? I dunno. Darko's departure leaves the cupboard looking awfully bare in the frontcourt, and I don't think signing 6 foot, 11-inch Polish import Marcin Gortat (rumored to be imminent) changes that picture much.

One other thing to look at is how the Lewis signing has an impact on Hedo Turkoglu. Both Lewis and Turkoglu are 6-10, defensively limited and like to shoot jumpers from the corner. It's not clear to me how both can be on the court at the same time, at least for long stretches, and I'd like the Magic's offseason a lot better if they could trade Turkoglu for a decent big man.

However, one positive is the addition of Stan Van Gundy. He was one of the best, if not the best, coaches available on the market, and his track record suggests he might improve the Magic's defense quite a bit.

All in all, there are a lot of additions and subtractions to weigh here, but the end result is that it looks pretty close to a wash.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?co...3doffseasondecliners

this is a continuation of their article from wednesday. here are the losers:

16. Orlando Magic

(added Rashard Lewis; lost Grant Hill, Darko Milicic and Travis Diener; replaced Brian Hill with Stan Van Gundy)

They overpaid for Lewis, but picking him up undoubtedly will pay some short-term dividends. Fair enough. But is Lewis enough to offset the losses of Hill and Milicic? I dunno. Darko's departure leaves the cupboard looking awfully bare in the frontcourt, and I don't think signing 6 foot, 11-inch Polish import Marcin Gortat (rumored to be imminent) changes that picture much.

One other thing to look at is how the Lewis signing has an impact on Hedo Turkoglu. Both Lewis and Turkoglu are 6-10, defensively limited and like to shoot jumpers from the corner. It's not clear to me how both can be on the court at the same time, at least for long stretches, and I'd like the Magic's offseason a lot better if they could trade Turkoglu for a decent big man.

However, one positive is the addition of Stan Van Gundy. He was one of the best, if not the best, coaches available on the market, and his track record suggests he might improve the Magic's defense quite a bit.

All in all, there are a lot of additions and subtractions to weigh here, but the end result is that it looks pretty close to a wash.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?co...3doffseasondecliners

his reasoning for portland being losers is that he doesnt think they will win anymore games next season compared to last. but they have a good future, duh...

http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/88910298...631049904#4631049904

Sorry to do this to you Murphy, but this update was already posted in the "ESPN loses Credibility" thread.

In your defense, this new article was not posted as its own thread. But since there have already been numerous comments about this new article in the old thread, it would be better just to keep everything together.