MagicPhan732

Darko's transcript on his press conference

quote:
Originally posted by Robert56:

quote:
Originally posted by JJZ:

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

What still pisses me off about the Darko situation is we traded a first round pick basically for nothing. That pick could have been Stuckey. We basically traded a pick for Darko to show the league what he is capable of and take a nice payday. For that we should of left his *** in Detroit.

This is something I posted about extensively in the "SmackDaddy Confidential" threads of about two weeks ago. It just doesn't reflect well on our front office or their ability to plan for the future.

Otis could have made a better deal with Lewis and still have been able to keep Darko. Why did he pay so much for Lewis, no one else was offering him anything close to what the Magic offered him. Otis really didn't plan for the future when he closed the deal with Lewis. You really think Lewis is going to improve over the next six years?

You can't be serious? Can you? If Otis could pay Lewis less money he would have......

It pisses me off too that we got nothing for Darko, but im happy to see the way the team is coming together this off season. The way I see it is that the magic have the offensive talent, now we need the right role players to do the dirty work...I love Darko, but I dont think he would have settled for this role....

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

Give up Arroyo, Garrity plus $3.95 of his $4.00 m and a future first round pick for a good big -around $6 to $10 m in salary.

Problem is finding another team interested in that deal, Knappy. And mortgaging our future by giving up more first round picks probably isn't a good idea. A good first rounder is a real bargain, considering the salary scale.

Imagine if we add an 8M per year contract that lasts a few years. Between Dwight, Lewis, and the 8M you have 40M right there. For 3 players. Gives us about 15 million to get 12 other players under contract. What kind of team can we get for that??

You ignore the salary cap at your peril. It has nothing to do with how much money Devos has.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:

quote:

quote:

What still pisses me off about the Darko situation is we traded a first round pick basically for nothing. That pick could have been Stuckey. We basically traded a pick for Darko to show the league what he is capable of and take a nice payday. For that we should of left his *** in Detroit.

This is something I posted about extensively in the "SmackDaddy Confidential" threads of about two weeks ago. It just doesn't reflect well on our front office or their ability to plan for the future.

Otis could have made a better deal with Lewis and still have been able to keep Darko. Why did he pay so much for Lewis, no one else was offering him anything close to what the Magic offered him. Otis really didn't plan for the future when he closed the deal with Lewis. You really think Lewis is going to improve over the next six years?

You can't be serious? Can you? If Otis could pay Lewis less money he would have......

ARE YOU SERIOUS??

I'm sorry to have to say this but in my 1,000+ posts I have never read anything quite as stupid as this. I seriously want to know where you get the idea that Lewish is worth 112 MILLION?

Do you know how Lebron James gets paid? ...5 Year $80 Mill.

Do you know how much DWade gets paid? ... as much as Lebron.

Do you know how much Kobe gets paid? Just about as much as Rashard.

Rashard is NOWHERE near their playing level. He can not take over games. I have never heard anyone say, "So what kind of play will they draw up for Rashard to win this game?"

No team in the NBA was going to pay him 2/3 of that money. If Otis was going to spend that kind of money on a player then he should of waited for Arenas. That guy can take over a game and hit the game winning three.

I Seriously hope for the both of us that you were being sarcastic.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How do you justify paying Lewis what Otis agreed to pay him? This just shows how stupid Otis really is. To spend that much money on someone who isn't a "Superstar" and has been an All-Star how many times? With what Otis agreed to pay this guy we could have gotten a couple of other players and kept Darko. I don't see him bringing a championship to Orlando.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic31:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ARE YOU SERIOUS??

I'm sorry to have to say this but in my 1,000+ posts I have never read anything quite as stupid as this. I seriously want to know where you get the idea that Lewish is worth 112 MILLION?

Rashard is NOWHERE near their playing level. He can not take over games. I have never heard anyone say, "So what kind of play will they draw up for Rashard to win this game?"

No team in the NBA was going to pay him 2/3 of that money. If Otis was going to spend that kind of money on a player then he should of waited for Arenas. That guy can take over a game and hit the game winning three.

Lebron nor Wade signed max deals, both signed if I am right 3 year deals, so they can exploit the market in 3 years.

If you think Lewis is overpaid wait until you see what Lebron demands and even Wade, they are going to want godlike money. I can see Lebron trying to become to richest man in sports.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Magic31:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ARE YOU SERIOUS??

Lebron nor Wade signed max deals, both signed if I am right 3 year deals, so they can exploit the market in 3 years.

If you think Lewis is overpaid wait until you see what Lebron demands and even Wade, they are going to want godlike money. I can see Lebron trying to become to richest man in sports.

But Lewis isn't worth what he was paid. With what Lewis was paid you better believe these guys are going to be demanding more. How can they not get paid more than Lewis?

Wow imagine Darko hitting 3s.. if Iavaroni is on the right track with that I don't see Otis here for long..

We're gonna cry seeing Darko explode in Memphis lol yikes

Man that going to make me sick .. knowing that we could've had both Lewis and Darko and just getting one of them for the price of both of the + another solid player ....Its sad really ...

Ok Otis we understand. Otis couldve signed lewis for a less price than 120million and still had enough to give darko what he wanted. otis is full of sh it

quote:
Originally posted by geaves:

quote:
This is something I posted about extensively in the "SmackDaddy Confidential" threads of about two weeks ago. It just doesn't reflect well on our front office or their ability to plan for the future

I don't see how the trade for Milicic has anything to do with the front office's ability to plan for the future. They were taking a gamble that Milicic had potential, the same gamble you would take with a draft pick. It wasn't their fault Milicic had a rather mediocre year and a half with the Magic, where he didn't show them enough potential for them to take him over Lewis. They still wanted him, but couldn't make him the priority.