Sign in to follow this  
The Solution

www.firebrianhill.org

NAMES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE MAGIC HEAD COACH POSITION

1) Bill Laimbeer (Detroit-former big man w/2 NBA world championships-Coach WNBA Champions 2 yrs )

2) Stan Van Gundy (former head coach still under contract w/Heat)

3) Marc Iavaroni (asst. coach, Suns)

4) Carlisle (present coach Pacers expected to be available)

5) Kenny Smith (formerly with Houston 2 NBA world championships-TNT announcer)

Others: Darrell Armstrong, Adelman, Guocas, Silas, Rudy-T, Larry Brown

Brian Hill

Position: Head Coach

present contract is $12,000,000/4 years

Born: 9/19/47 East Orange, N.J.

Experience: 9 yrs

CAREER RECORD Win 294 Loss 314

YR.....TEAM...........G...W...L....PCT.POSTW.POSTL

1993.Magic+Shaq..82..50..32...610.....0........3

1994.Magic+Shaq..82..57..25...695....11......10

1995.Magic+Shaq..82..60..22...732.....7........5

1996.Magic...........49..24..25...490

1997.Grizzlies.......82..19..63...232

1998.Grizzlies.......50....8..42...160

1999.Grizzlies.......22....4..18...182

2006.Magic...........82..36..46...439

2007.Magic...........77..36..41...468

sample comments from more than 900 plus fans that signed the www.Firebrianhill.org petition:

BRIAN HILL PRIOR COACHING EXPERIENCE:

Brian Hill is not NBA head coach material. He got lucky in the mid 90's and inherited a fantastic lineup. That team included all stars Shaquille O'neal, Penny Hardaway and Horace Grant. It also included Nick Anderson and Dennis Scott. Very good players in there own right. Not only were they good as individuals, the blended exceptionally well on the court. A monkey could have coached that team to 50 wins. Other then that, Brian Hill's entire coaching career has been pitiful.

He happened to stumble on a team with Shaq, Penny, Nick Anderson, 3-D, and Horace Grant. He still managed to get outcoached and swept out of the playoffs for 3 straight years.

I'm so happy this came up, I was begining 2 think I was the only one out there. I never got on penny's case for ousting him the first time. Brian Hill can not coach, he never has anything but critizism for his players, and he make the most boneheaded decissions of all time. He took the team Matt Goukas left and destroyed it. He's the reason we lost in the finals (check the records we were up by 20 at one point and he thought Anthony Bowie and Brian Shaw needed playing time) he's the reason Shaq left (O'neal loved him as an assistant to goukas but said in his bio that hill wanted 2 act like a "hard @$*" as soon as he got some power)

This is the same guy that could not figure out how to use Steve Kerr during his first go around with the Magic. So, they released him and he did nothing but hit big shots in Chicago.

Brian Hill has a winning percentage of .260 without Shaq on any of his rosters. He was a failure during his first stint with the Magic.

Then the guy goes 31 and 123 in Vancouver, Hubie Brown comes in and they immediatley go to .500.

We want the Magic to make the playoffs and we don't want Brian Hill as our coach next year. Thanks to the weak Eastern Conference, the Magic should make the playoffs. Go-Magic!!

You can expect to see many changes in the off season. The players will have a say about this and need your support. Let's push the www.firebrianhill.org petition over 1,000!!

ANOTHER KNAPPY SIGHTING

I met Knappy at the Toronto game tonight and had a chance to talk some. I recognized knappy from the Orlando Sentinel Fire Brian Hill shirts video interview. (see page 4 of this thread 9th post down - under Knappy update)

I surprised Knappy when I walked up to him and called him by name. Knappy and ball junkie (I haven't met him) sit in section 116. When I go to the games, I sit with my brother in section 112.

Knappy still holds to the belief, as I do, that coach Hill needs to go. We both struggle with the idea of this team winning and making the playoffs if it means that Hill would get additional time. Wow is us!!

A LITTLE HUMOR

I looked at this guy behind me at the Toronto game tonight in the third quarter and he looked very unhappy (Toronto was about to erase a earlier game lead of 15 points). I asked him if he had a headache? He looked at me and said no but he was about to have one.

At the end of the game (after Toronto had won) I looked at him and he looked back and said his head was killing him!! We both laughed-sorta like Nelson and Howard.

OPEN LETTER FROM THE GHOST OF JOHN GABRIEL

The Time To Act Is NOW!!!

We have a window of opportunity between now and the end of the season to pressure the organization into firing Napoleon. The only way to accomplish this goal is to create a public relations nightmare for an image conscience organization they can

MORE BOOING

I have noticed at the games that we are now getting boos during game play directed at Hill in addition to the booing when he is introduced. Also we have a mention of it in the paper:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...story?coll=orl-magic

"A smattering of boos was directed at Coach Brian Hill as he was introduced before the game, and the team was booed during a horrendous telltale third quarter."

ACTION NEEDED THIS SUMMER

The Magic ownership will definitely need to make some changes to restore confidence.

The Solution recommends the following actions(*) be taken before the start of next season:

(*) New Coach..suggest Bill Laimbeer

(*) New coaching staff

STARTERS:

...Howard.....c..improve offense and free throws

...Milicic.......pf.use 18 foot shot

...Ariza........sf.improve outside shot

(*)..............g..keep Milicic save$ and bring DeShawn Stevenson back

(*)..............pg.need leader and play maker

BACKUPS:

...Battie.......c

...Augustine..pf.needs playing time

...Turkoglu...sf.improve intensity

...Redick......g..needs more playing time

(*).............pg.obtain Chucky Atkins

BENCH

...Dooling

...Grant Hill.....some people will disagree

...Gortat

TRADE / RELEASE (deal players and $ to obtain good draft picks)

(*)Diener........some people will disagree

(*)Bogans.......some people will disagree

(*)Arroyo........some people will disagree

(*)Nelson........some people will disagree

(*)Garrity

...Outlaw

IS BRIAN HILL FACING HIS SECOND MUTINY IN ORLANDO?

Posted Apr 5th 2007 4:20PM by Matt Watson

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/category/nba-rumors/

At least according to ESPN The Magazine, I was spot on with my assessment last month that Brian Hill's act may be wearing thin in Orlando,though Magic GM Otis Smith would have you believe it's not true. From Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel:

Magic General Manager Otis Smith on Wednesday discredited an item in the recent issue of ESPN The Magazine that said players unanimously wanted Coach Brian Hill replaced and that Hill has a poor relationship with star Dwight Howard. "It's not true," Smith said. An item in a notes column next to writer Chris Broussard's "NBA Insider" read, "Despite Magic GM Otis Smith's vow to keep coach Brian Hill, the players are unanimous in wanting him gone. Hill's relationship with star Dwight Howard turned irrevocably sour, a source says, when the coach told his center not to be late for the Monday practice after All-Star Weekend."

It's Smith's job to paint a pretty picture of his team, so I'm going to take his assessment of the situation with a grain of salt. And when you look at what's going on with Orlando lately -- even the usually mild-mannered Grant Hill and steely (that works, right?) Darko Milicic have lashed out -- it's not exactly surprising that there might be dissension in the ranks.

The irony, of course, is that Brian Hill was brought back to Orlando as a way to fix past wrongs, when Penny Hardaway inspired a player mutiny back in 1997. Right about now, I'm thinking maybe it's not the players' fault.

OTHER ARTICLES ON THE SUBJECT:

(1)April 6,2007

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04062007/sports/draft_dodgi...r_vecsey.htm?page=26

Orlando GM Otis Smith discredited an item in ESPN Magazine that claimed Magic players want Brian Hill replaced and the coach has a poor relationship with Howard. First off, author Chris Broussard isn't negligent; he's not about to get something that somber so wrong. Once Smith denied it, I knew for sure it was true; the truth always manages to escape him when dealing with controversial or trade matters.

(2)SPECIAL WEEKEND EDITION Golden choice for MIP award By Marc Stein

ESPN.com April 6,2007

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-070407-08

It's increasingly clear that speculation about Brian Hill's imminent demise in Orlando isn't going away, even with the Magic pretty much down to one team that can knock them out of the playoffs (Indiana) and no matter how many times Magic general manager Otis Smith insists that Hill will be back next season.

Yet even if the rumblings are true about Hill's approval rating with his players sinking to 1997 levels, there are no indications that any dissatisfaction Dwight Howard has with Hill is prompting the 21-year-old future of the franchise to start plotting a Shaquille O'Neal-style departure from Central Florida.

"He doesn't want to leave Orlando," one Magic insider insists. "He just wants the ball."

Howard is averaging just 10.6 shots per game and has attempted 10 or more shots in just three of nine games since rumbling for 30 points and 15 rebounds in a home win over Utah on March 14. His free-throw woes and turnover problems -- Howard averages 3.9 giveaways per game, compared to 3.8 for a guy like Steve Nash who has the ball in his hands all night -- have made Hill reluctant to go to Howard in the fourth quarter.

The Magic (or at least Hill) appear to be operating on the premise that making the playoffs, at any cost, is the priority over Howard developing better skills dealing with double teams and making use of his considerable physical gifts.

It's still considered a lock, though, that Howard will sign a max contract extension this summer just like LeBron James did last summer in Cleveland.

Perhaps he'll opt for the three-year extension introduced by James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh as opposed to the full five-year extension preferred by Carmelo Anthony, but it's difficult to imagine a scenario where Howard leaves so many millions on the table when he'd still have to play out two more seasons to get to unrestricted free agency in the summer of 2009

(3)Brian Hill "Bothered" By Rumors

Posted on Apr 6, 2007 7:04:42 PM

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2007/04/brian_hill_both.html

Magic Coach Brian Hill tells us he is not "worried" about whether he will be back as coach next season, meaning he has been given an assurance by management.

Hill said he's made mistakes this season, but believes the slumping Magic will improve once they mature.

Hill, though, said hearing about published reports (ESPN The Mag) intimating there's a rift between him and the players "bothers me.

"Of course it does. I'm human."

Despite his critics, Hill says he is confident in "my job security" whether the Magic reach the playoffs or not.

An item in ESPN The Magazine said that Magic players unanimously wanted Hill out and that Hill had a sour relationship with star Dwight Howard.

Hill and GM Otis Smith said that was news to them.

weezt0e,

There are many fans that have not signed the petition because they have a problem with making a donation.

Please explain that the donation is optional and how they would sign the petition.

Thanks,

The Solution

ADDED LATER:

For me(The Solution), when I got to the money part, said my name was added and asked if I would like to donate any money. Donation was optional.