Sign in to follow this  
The Solution

MC on Rachard Lewis' contract amount/ S&T?

The contract was reported by most sources early as a five-year deal worth at least $75 million and that the contract could stretch to six years for $85 million.

Later the Seattle Times Insider reported that a S&T would incease the contract to $90 million.

The article yesterday from Denton said the contract is much more.

As you know, Otis and Lewis' agent are required by the NBA NOT to disclose the contract numbers and terms before the 11th(tomorrow).

I will add that the most likely S&T scenario would be for the Magic to entice, with a draft pick, a team like Atlanta that has a trade exemption to take Seattles' point guard Watson. Seattle would receive in return a trade exemption in the amount of Watson's salary and the value of the pick. A very valuable asset!!

The Magic in the suggested S&T would deal 2 players in addition to the draft pick, just mentioned. The value 2 players plus pick would be approximately $9 million, enough to sign Milicic.

If there is no S&T I believe the Magic will need to renounce Darko and consequently lose their bird rights.

Would the Magic be able to do a S&T with another team at that point? I don't know. Does anyone have the answer to that question?

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

If there is no S&T I believe the Magic will need to renounce Darko and consequently lose their bird rights.

Would the Magic be able to do a S&T with another team at that point? I don't know. Does anyone have the answer to that question?

answer is no, in that case we will lose Darko for nothing

Are there any indications or signs that the Magic are doing a S&T.

Some possibilities:

1) Gerald Wallace who was scheduled to talk with us has not done a deal with Charlotte yet.

2) Orlando is making an inquiry about a point guard prospect, possibly indicating that we will be losing point guard(s)in a sign and trade.

3) Orlando does not seem to be talking to any team about a power forward.

4) Seattle Times Insider wrote about the S&T as being a good thing for the Sonics.

5) No news can often be good news.

quote:
Originally posted by pneu:

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

answer is no, in that case we will lose Darko for nothing

Thanks, your answer makes sense.

Otis is rumored to have MET with Chicago so I would say things are heating up.

The whole doom and gloom scenario is easy to take, partially b/c that is what keeps people interested, but I don't see all that happening.

So far Darko's agent has spoken w/ Memphis and Philly. The 76ers are over the cap and the Grizzlies are pursuing Anderson Verawhatever first. Also, there haven't been reports of many teams talking to Cornstein, in fact, after his media outburst he's been pretty quiet.

Looking at the two other teams, it looks like Cornstein is testing the market for Darko's worth. Going off the silence and the amount of trade talks going on between the Sonics and Orlando, it sounds like Orlando is going to unload some expiring contracts and/or draft picks, trade for Lewis and retain Darko's unrestricted FA status and Bird Right's so they can go over the cap to sign him (or go right up to it).

You guys are going a little overboard w/ the doom and gloom, and I may end up being wrong, but this is the summer, its contract season... its basically an overly elaborate poker game. All the parts involved don't want to say too much, b/c then you may have some uninvited guests crashing the party.