Sign in to follow this  
MagicPhan732

On Cold Pizza this morning.......

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:
Originally posted by Undisputed4:

Giambi is white, has been caught with steroids, and he gets a pass.

Bonds has never even been indicted on anything. Lets alone convicted

Not to bring baseball into a basketball discussion but Giambi and Bonds are totally different.

Giambi issued a public apology and in a backwards way admitted what he did.

Bonds has continued to deny everything and is going to break the most celebrated record in all of professional sports. If Bonds was just some guy on the inflated payroll of the Yankees no one would care. Look at all the crap that Mark McGwire has taken for his testimony. This is far from a racial issue.

Not to mention that the whole "Giambi gets a pass" argument doesn't hold much water, because I, who, again, is a white man, believe he shouldn't have gotten one, just as I believe that Barry Bonds is guilty of using steroids. The fact that Giambi got a pass from Baseball doesn't mean he should've, didn't mean I gave him one for it, and most importantly, DOESN'T MAKE ME A RACIST.

And for the record, I think all athletes with serious accusations of steroid abuse in the vain of Giambi and Bonds should be suspended indefinately until they clear their names, and any found guilty are banned for life. If pro sports leagues are going to say that they value their history, and by that their records, they have to protect the level playing field. End of story.

But none of that changes the fact that Jemele Hill is an awful writer.

quote:
Dwight Howard is a bad player with the ball, has no offense, and to this point is a dissappointment.

I would agree on this when they say he is a bad player with the ball, I think his offense and turnovers speaks for itself. But to say that Dwight is a disappointment, is a case of imbecil judgment.