Sign in to follow this  
star_phenom35

Will it go down???

Like said before, Darko hasn't proven that he's worth 10 million plus. As for the players involved in that trade. Watson is not something you want although he is a threat from behind the arc.

quote:
Originally posted by DarkoHero:

I really think that the Magic have blown the matching possibility. If the Magic want Darko, they'll have to offer more than others.

Lmao well if we have to pay more than others its a good thing no one thinks hes worth more than a mid level

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Like said before, Darko hasn't proven that he's worth 10 million plus. As for the players involved in that trade. Watson is not something you want although he is a threat from behind the arc.

Why wouldnt we want Watson? He's an upgrade over any PG we have now. Over Nellie and Carlos because he can defend, he's quicker and he makes better plays. Over Dooling because he's a more true PG and has better decision making skills.

I also heard that Seattle only wants one of the PG's in Arroyo or Dooling. I say give up Arroyo and Bogans in place of Dooling.

Seattle receives:

Pat Garrity

Carlos Arroyo

Keith Bogans

Cash

Future 2009 1st rounder

Orlando receives:

Rashard Lewis

Earl Watson

This trade works and helps both teams really.

I'll break it down.

more than likely Rashard will want the 6th year so the deal should shoot up to about $85 mil over 6 years (Approximately $15 per). With the Salary Cap estimated to be $56 mil ill work it out for you guys.

Magic's Current Salary: $39,120,748... Projected NBA Salary Cap $56,000,000

Cap Space= $16,879,252

OK.

Magic

Garrity- $3.8 mil

Arroyo- $4 mil

Bogans- $2.7 mil

TOTAL= $10,500,000

Seattle

Lewis $15 mil

Watson $5.8 mil

TOTAL= $20,800,00

SEATTLE-MAGIC= $10,300,000 (Amount we take back)

Original cap space - Amount we take back= Darko $$$

16,879,252 - 10,300,000= $6,579,252 for Darko's 1st year.

A Deal for Darko with that 1st year figure can be approximately $30 mil over 5 years on 10.5% increase per. Without going over the cap.

Plus we can use the MLE to sign another FA like Pietrus or just not use it at all.

I really doubt Darko will accept that so we will have to move another contract.

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

I also heard that Seattle only wants one of the PG's in Arroyo or Dooling. I say give up Arroyo and Bogans in place of Dooling.

Seattle receives:

Pat Garrity

Carlos Arroyo

Keith Bogans

Cash

Future 2009 1st rounder

Orlando receives:

Rashard Lewis

Earl Watson

This trade works and helps both teams really.

I'll break it down.

more than likely Rashard will want the 6th year so the deal should shoot up to about $85 mil over 6 years (Approximately $15 per). With the Salary Cap estimated to be $56 mil ill work it out for you guys.

Magic's Current Salary: $39,120,748... Projected NBA Salary Cap $56,000,000

Cap Space= $16,879,252

OK.

Magic

Garrity- $3.8 mil

Arroyo- $4 mil

Bogans- $2.7 mil

TOTAL= $10,500,000

Seattle

Lewis $15 mil

Watson $5.8 mil

TOTAL= $20,800,00

SEATTLE-MAGIC= $10,300,000 (Amount we take back)

Original cap space - Amount we take back= Darko $$$

16,879,252 - 10,300,000= $6,579,252 for Darko's 1st year.

A Deal for Darko with that 1st year figure can be approximately $30 mil over 5 years on 10.5% increase per. Without going over the cap.

Plus we can use the MLE to sign another FA like Pietrus or just not use it at all.

I really doubt Darko will accept that so we will have to move another contract.

why do people still think we have MLE...we were UNDER the cap at the start of the offseason...we dont have a MLE

I don't understand the second question of the poll. If there isn't some sort of trade, we have NO chance to sign Darko. If we do, then at least it's a possibility again.

By the way, I'd trade Bogans, Garrity, and Arroyo in a heartbeat, are you kidding me? Other than maybe Augustine, those are the three least useful players on the Magic roster. We don't need Bogans because of JJ, we don't need Arroyo because of Dooling, and well.. Garrity just plain sucks. =P

But I wonder, why Seattle would settle for that?

I dont know why all of you are so high on Darko still. What has this man done to warrant anything at all? I have never liked Darko, I feel he is a selfish player who only plays when he feels he has to so he can earn a fatter paycheck. This is crap. He and his agent think he is better than he really is. I for one cant wait to see him go

we have so many Pg. I would trade bogans, dooling and garrity. Maybe augustine too, but is not fair, he never play, we don