Sign in to follow this  
ParaMagic

Is Lewis really worth that much?

Being in Seattle, I wish I could disagree with you. 'Shard's a good scorer, but yeah: $15mil a year seems a bit high for someone who's basically a taller, slightly more accurate Hedo.

i hate to sound like im drinking from the magic kool aid. but what was our biggest problem last season, scoring. we didnt have any player score in the 20 ppg range. and if/when lewis does that for us, along with our defense getting better. i think it will make us a way better team. it will also make the game a little easier for howard. us having an inside-outside attack on the offensive end. now i might agree the price is kinda steep, but if thats what it takes to make sure we get the scorer we need, im all for it.

Overpaying for a scoring small forward? Would the Magic do that? Oh, wait! We just got done paying max $$ for an oft injured SF! We just never learn fromj our mistakes do we.

Darko over the next 6 years will be better than Shard. Maybe next year Shard will be better but by year 3, we'll be wishing we had Darko back!

Lewis is super tight IMO. Is he worth an absolute max deal? In a perfect world probably not. After his recent success though he was going to have a hefty price tag regardless considering he was the regarded as #1 free agent this summer by many.

I think the top free agent every summer tends to be a little overpaid but thats expected, if you're the best available at the time people are going to want you. The more people that want you, the more you can jack up your price, supply and demand baby.

Regardless of what we paid for him I am so glad we finally got that wing scoring.

quote:
Originally posted by DarkoHero:

Overpaying for a scoring small forward? Would the Magic do that? Oh, wait! We just got done paying max $$ for an oft injured SF! We just never learn fromj our mistakes do we.

Darko over the next 6 years will be better than Shard. Maybe next year Shard will be better but by year 3, we'll be wishing we had Darko back!

I am sure DarkoHero's opinion on Darko and Shard isnt biased at all haha.

quote:
Originally posted by DarkoHero:

i disagree, darko still is in the developing stages of his career and lewis is about to be in his prime. and we already have a low post presence with dwight, we need a perimeter scorer more than another big man. and about darko being better in the next 6 years, im not so sure of that either. over the past couple of years he has only gotten marginally better, i dont think he is going to turn into an allstar ever, so in the end if we let him go it will be worth it.

20/30 teams in the NBA were knocking on Rashard's door wanting him.....if he was a slightly better version of Turkoglu he wouldn't be getting so many calls, is 15mil a little too much? Yeah, but when there's 19 other teams chasing after this guy you gotta throw the dough if you want him. He's a great shooter and he's going to help the Magic out a ton, teams can't double team Dwight all night with the threat of Rashard Lewis in the backcourt. He averaged 22 points as Seattle's #2 option.....as the #1 scoring option here in Orlando, I predict he will average 25 points.