Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

Dwight's apologies???

It seems that the backlash from his recent comments have finally told the 'coach-killer' what to do. He has actually manned-up and taken responsibility.

USA Today:

“In Orlando, I handled a lot of stuff the wrong way,” he said, sitting at his kitchen table. “If any of those people in Orlando are upset with how I did it, I apologize for the way I handled it and the way it was handled in the media. I really just got caught up in wanting to please everybody else. I really love that city. That was the hardest thing to do was to leave that city because I basically grew up there. That was my whole life. Orlando was it. I did not want to leave all that behind — the city, just everything about it. The fans. But I wanted a change for my life. I just felt like there was something else out there for me.”

“There are a lot of things about me that have changed,” said Howard. “I’m becoming a better man because of the stuff that has happened to me this last year and a half. Everybody goes through stuff like this. Even though I’m going through it where everybody in the world can see it, I’m happy that it’s happening. If it didn’t happen, I’d be stuck in my ways. I would never change, and then it would be a lot worse. For all this stuff to happen, for me to sit back and see and evaluate myself and what I could’ve done better and realize that I needed to make a change, I’m getting better. I’m growing up. I’m maturing.”

Maybe this is just a way to stop people booing (doubt it would work). Who knows. What a weird kid.

Too little too late, just damage control. Also notice how this is coming out right before he plays us in Orlando. Probably so we'll come off as petty or classless when we boo the HWNSNBU out of him. "Dwight apologized to Orlando and this is how they treat him?" is how I'm expecting ESPN to report it.

I agree with everything said above. OF COURSE he apologizes the day before his return. OF COURSE. What's sad is that I think his little mind believes that is all it takes and everyone's gonna just forget about it and move on. Puhleeeease.

What grinds my gears the MOST about these comments is this line:

"I apologize for the way I handled it and the way it was handled in the media."

You catch that? He STILL refuses to accept all blame/responsibility. He continues to throw the blame elsewhere. This time, the media.

I know we used to call him the Man Child, but he really is a child. I don't mean to make a stupid pun. I'm being serious. The guy just doesn't get it.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

I agree with everything said above. OF COURSE he apologizes the day before his return. OF COURSE. What's sad is that I think his little mind believes that is all it takes and everyone's gonna just forget about it and move on. Puhleeeease.

What grinds my gears the MOST about these comments is this line:

"I apologize for the way I handled it and the way it was handled in the media."

You catch that? He STILL refuses to accept all blame/responsibility. He continues to throw the blame elsewhere. This time, the media.

I know we used to call him the Man Child, but he really is a child. I don't mean to make a stupid pun. I'm being serious. The guy just doesn't get it.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

image.png