Sign in to follow this  
Frankie Figgs

Why want to get rid of Arroyo??

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

"Why want to get rid of Arroyo?" Because I'm afraid he might be better then Jameer!

LOL me to!

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by b2theizzo:

Im surprised to see anyone get that worked up over jammer or Arroyo. Both are very similar.

The truth is, we really wont know which is better until SVG's system is installed and both get used to it.

I do agree, Diener needs a chance. He is a true pg. I was able to go to a summer league game last year, and he is defintly and NBA player.

Dont get me wrong, I thin arroyo can be the right player, but he could be the wrong player too. Just take a chill pill, its not worth getting that worked up over.

LOL, the only reason you are surprised is that you haven't seen these threads for the past year and a half. This exact same thread is almost a daily occurence around here.

Ok, at least it makes sense now. It wont matter soon, I think one will be gone soon, likely Arroyo.

There is a reason why jameer fans want arroyo out of here and do not want Billups here neither.And the reason is they want to protect Jameer spot. You now... Billups is old, expensive and is down hill and Arroyo is to expensive too at 4 mil/year and his fans are fanatics, blinded with no knowledge... bla bla bla.

Lets split the playing time halve and halve to put an end to this endless discusion. Know the guys whom want Arroyo out because of Nelson Arroyo fight... then why not to send Jameer out ? it's the same thing, Right ?

quote:
Originally posted by Frankie Figgs:

I've seen in almost all post that you guys want to get rid of Carlos. I think the Magic have bigger issues than to trade Arroyo. He ain't bad, just give the man a break, he is a good backup on this team, he had his ups and downs, but he played terrific in the playoffs in limited minutes

Well, we have identified at least 10 Michael Carlos Arroyo fanatics - why would we be afraid he would be better than Jameer? We want the best guys on the court - the best players - this team is not about a player, but to Arroyo fanatics this team is about a player and that is about it - just annoying.

I may choose the option - to get the Arroyo fanatics off the message board or to keep them on the message board, but to have them stop with the Carlos BS over and over and over again - sorry he just isn't that good - he has been a career backup in the NBA.

Jameer has outplayed Carlos since Carlos has been here - although they both haven't looked very good and Jameer's contract is for a lot less money than Carlos' contract right now.

They are both small and we don't need the duplication in talent. Carlos can do well in the NBA, but he doesn't fit the needs of this team. It appears to me that Jameer is better and Carlos offers a similar option for the Magic.

I do think that Jameer has more upside than Carlos - just a belief. I'm not against Carlos - if he started playing like Steve Nash or Chauncy Billups I'd be all for him starting, but he doesn't play like them.

He is the same guy who went through a 25 or so game strecth where he shot under 30% from the floor. I don't care how well you pass when you shoot 30% from the floor they don't have to cover your shot and can make it harder to pass. He did end up around 40% for the season, but he offers us less than what I think we get with Jameer. And, Carlos has had 5 years in the NBA - Jameer has had one year as a starter. And, really only 2 years of getting some playing time.

Dooling brings something different than Arroyo - defense & more height primarily, that is why I prefer Dooling as the backup over Arroyo and I think Diener can fill in for Arroyo as the 3rd guard.

We need to move salaries to help with Free Agency - and unfortunately for the Arroyo fanatics he has some talent and another team might pick him up - no one takes Garrity, whose contract would be great to move and I doubt anyone would take Battie, whose contract would be good to move.

And, Orlando is not moving Ariza and shouldn't and Darko is coming back and Howard is not being traded and Jameer has a much better contract and enough people who believe he can play in a different system to give him another year to see.

The good thing for the Michael Carlos Arroyo fanatics is that he'll play on another NBA team if traded and you can still be a Carlos fan of another team.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

I want him gone because he's making more $$$$ than he deserves and getting a big name FA is more important than keeping a backup PG.

Agreed - very true and succinct. However, the Carlos fanatics will see you as a Carlos hater - they don't understand - how could you go after a top free agent and give up your backup PG who for 5 years now is not being recognized everywhere he has played as the next Michael Jordan.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

Arroyo will most likely be a 3rd string PG making more than the two in front of him. We need money and he's a good enough talent to warrant trade offers.

Agreed!

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

Carlos Arroyo, in all likelihood, peaks as a backup in the league. There's enough of those to go around. With that contract, his value right now is probably about as high as it will ever be - and we can seriously benefit from that. That's why he has to go.

Agreed again - knowing I am hated by the Carlos fanatics!

I am open to trading players to make the team better and in the future if it made sense to trade Jameer I'd be open to that or any other player - may be hard to get the value for ever trading Dwight though - at least for 12 years or more.

However, Carlos fanatics will never see a reason to trade Carlos - say you could get Kobe for Carlos straight up - they may have to concede that one, but they would insist that Jameer go or someone else go, that we can't afford to lose Carlos, etc. Even for Kobe they would say it was a bad idea and we don't need Kobe.

I don't like Kobe by the way. Just trying to come up with the most absurd scenario and I know the fanatics would not want to trade Carlos for anyone.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Ugh...another Carlos vs. Jameer thread. I hope one of them gets traded so I don't have to hear this same conversation next year.

Agree. is enought of this. We have to see what they cvan do with a real coach. please people let this tread in the past...

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I voted because of his tradeable contract.. he makes 4 million next season as our 2nd string point guard while Jameer is a steal before he possibly gets an extension,right now he's making 2.7 million as a starter.

But a very close second is his decision-making. I don't udnerstand how Carlos doesn't have the same venom from this forum that Jameer seems to in some circles, because as off and on as Jameer's play was last season, Carlos' decision-making was downright awful. Especially in the middle of the season. He book ended the season pretty well, playing good in the beginning of the year and at the end after he had basically been demoted behind Dooling.

It scares me that as much as Brian Hill micromanaged the team, that Carlos' bad decision-making might be for real, no matter who the coach is. Not only does he take bad shots, but when he actually decides to pass it, it's usually a bad pass. Unless you're the drunk guy in the third row behind the basket staring at the Magic dancers.

Besides, Dooling can possibly even challenge for the starting job, let alone be a solid backup on both ends of the floor. Much more than solid defensively.

Between his contract and his (lack of) a mental game, I think I'd like to see Arroyo traded just as much as Hedo or Battie, if not more. Of course I'd love to see Garrity traded the most, but it's doubtful he ever would. Even for just "cash considerations." Like two bucks and a ham sandwich.

I would pay his entire salary to have someone take him, plus cash.

quote:
Originally posted by OsoTommy:

Reading all the non-sense about Arroyo was a good therapy to start the day today. Where can I start? Oh, let me start congratulating ibonedteribell. He seemed to be the only one watching the games and the carrer of these two individuals. How all you (Jameer fans) dare to critize Arroyo for his performance last year??!!! He played much better than Jameer all year!!!! The only stat Jameer did better was in scoring for hogging the ball. I mean, I can't believe that there are people so narrowed in their views that they can't see how much Jameer's relationship with Coach Hill affected this team last year! Amazing! I guess that's part of being humans, we all have different views. Some are more blinded than others. Ooops! JK If we are to get rid of one of the two guards we HAVE to send Jameer out. I don't care about contracts, I care about the TEAM future. We need to give Arroyo and Diener the chance to run the offense of this team (if we can't get Billups). Arroyo came from playing with players in Detroit that are veterans and knew how to be alert in the game at all times and they cought his passes, to the point he was in the TOP of the league in asssist/ratio (if I remember well). When has Jameer being in the top of the league on ANYTHING that shows his teamwork? NEVER AND NOTHING. So before you start shooting darts to the guy I would suggest you watch him carefull. You might learn a few things on how to play the point guard. Arroyo is an excellent point guard and we wasted him last year. When he came to this team he was ruling our team and then we gave that position to an unexperienced Jameer and what happened? WE ALMOST DID NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS! Carlos had a frustration period (and who wouldn't!) were his game declined, but he came back and showed everyone who wanted to see how things are to be done while playing point guard. He gave (in my opinion) a class to Jameer and Diener on how you play the position. Of course, Mr. Blind Hard Headed Hill would not do anything and it cost us the elimination. THAT'S WHY HE'S NOT HERE ANYMORE. Arroyo is NOT a super star or even a star player, but he's much better player at the point guard position that Jameer can be. Now that being said, change Jameer to the second guard and he'll give Arroyo and JJ (now I'm going to hear it from the JJ fans, lol) a lesson on how to play that position. As a second guard Jameer is absolutly delightful (offensively). He's just out of his natural play.

Wow, must be nice to wear those rose colored glasses that let you see whatever it is you want despite reality.

Originally posted by Knappy on July 01, 2007 12:09 PM

I may choose the option - to get the Arroyo fanatics off the message board or to keep them on the message board, but to have them stop with the Carlos BS over and over and over again - sorry he just isn't that good - he has been a career backup in the NBA.

Knappy, I have a question for you, Are you are the owner of this message board? Because, it's my understanding that we are free to write on any topic that we wish to do so. If the Arroyo topics bother you so much, don't read or answer back. You can