Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 Playoffs Thread: Round 1 Game 4 Cavs Vs Magic 04/27 1PM ET

A third quarter to remember. If game 3 was needed to show we belong there, game 4 was a confirmation we can play for something bigger. Especially after another shaky start (controlling TO is priority one right now)

When we play at home we've a different approach (and faces). Great to see literally everyone stepping up (key moments from Fultz and JI when we were down and suffering big time) when Paolo is having a really average game. Keep another big one for the away game, cause we still need to win one in Cleveland to take it home. Will be really difficult, but we're in the right mindset now.

Also shout out to Mo Wagner.

When we first brought him here I thought he'd just be here for a couple months for us to get a look at him since we were tanking...

Then we drafted his brother and I thought "oh well it's nice we can keep him here to help Franz adjust for a season".

Then during that year he proved he was capable of sticking in the NBA so I thought "oh he's actually an end of the bench calibre big, makes sense to keep him around what with Franz here".

Then that next year he was actually good and I thought "ok maybe he can be a bench scoring big, we've overpaid him this summer but makes sense to keep Franz happy".

Then this year he was great and I thought "he's great for some instant offense off the bench but I still think he'll be unplayable in the playoffs".

Now he's been impactful the playoffs and I'm just glad he's here and we've got him for next year too and I no longer believe we overpaid him.

All along the way he's defied expectations and continued to improve. I don't know if playing with his brother has given him extra comfort or if he just needed the time to develop or what but the fact that we picked this guy up and at the time were his 4th team in 3 seasons it looked like he was heading out of the league but credit to him, to the coaches and to the front office for getting him and sticking with him he's a real NBA player making an impact in a playoff series and we got him for nothing off of the scrap heap. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Also shout out to Mo Wagner.

When we first brought him here I thought he'd just be here for a couple months for us to get a look at him since we were tanking...

Then we drafted his brother and I thought "oh well it's nice we can keep him here to help Franz adjust for a season".

Then during that year he proved he was capable of sticking in the NBA so I thought "oh he's actually an end of the bench calibre big, makes sense to keep him around what with Franz here".

Then that next year he was actually good and I thought "ok maybe he can be a bench scoring big, we've overpaid him this summer but makes sense to keep Franz happy".

Then this year he was great and I thought "he's great for some instant offense off the bench but I still think he'll be unplayable in the playoffs".

Now he's been impactful the playoffs and I'm just glad he's here and we've got him for next year too and I no longer believe we overpaid him.

All along the way he's defied expectations and continued to improve. I don't know if playing with his brother has given him extra comfort or if he just needed the time to develop or what but the fact that we picked this guy up and at the time were his 4th team in 3 seasons it looked like he was heading out of the league but credit to him, to the coaches and to the front office for getting him and sticking with him he's a real NBA player making an impact in a playoff series and we got him for nothing off of the scrap heap. 

Maybe your evaluations aren’t as good as you think they are. Lolololol

• Upvote 1

There're always players that are going to surprise/outperform. Character is important too, there're great players that tend to hide on the greater stage, and rotation players that became unplayable.

Moe would be annoying as hell to play against if he wasn't in our team, those players you tend to hate. But it's with us and has been a great value for money. His weakness in defense is still glaring, but hey, I would pay to see every single player we have going out, night after night, with such s driving attitude and self-belief.