Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Trade Deadline Thread

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I've thought about this and I've got to say, though I'd have made a trade I think that's pretty clear, I admire Jeff Weltman for having the stones to just stick with this roster and living with the result. People might say that he doesn't take risks or whatever but it takes a tremendous amount of nerve to look at all the teams around us making moves and say "There are no deals out there that we like. We're good."

Issue is he’s failed to address the glaring issues over the course of his tenure. He constantly wastes good opportunities to cash in at the right time with assets. Instead either resigning them after their value tanks or just letting them walk or trade them for cash.

Only thing I hope, and it’s the very last thing I’m holding onto, is that by talking to ATL, he got a sense they will trade Trae Young and told them, let’s see how this season plays out and I’ll ttyl in the off season. However without those expirings, a deal is a lot harder to make. Which proves my point in paragraph above.

4 minutes ago, Jon said:

without those expirings, a deal is a lot harder to make.

Not really true because we'll have over $30m cap space in the summer. Joe Ingles + cap space would probably be enough to absorb Trae Young's contract. 

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

Not really true because we'll have over $30m cap space in the summer. Joe Ingles + cap space would probably be enough to absorb Trae Young's contract. 

Yeah but they’re not going to want Joe Ingles.

16 minutes ago, Jon said:

Yeah but they’re not going to want Joe Ingles.

They're not going to want Markelle or Chuma or whatever either it's just salary to make a trade work.

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

They're not going to want Markelle or Chuma or whatever either it's just salary to make a trade work.

Maybe Kelle as a backup.