Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Draft Thread

58 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Is it terrible, now that I expect us to be out of the lottery, that I really don't care about the NBA draft during the season? I get that it's important and you can find serviceable backups or diamonds in the rough, but it's really hard for me to get into the NBA draft knowing that we are not going to get any of the top players. 

We're not going to get any of the top draft picks. It remains to be seen if we get any of the top players

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

We're not going to get any of the top draft picks. It remains to be seen if we get any of the top players

This years draft lacks the super exiting Franchise player.. It does feature a bunch of good role players or even elite role players.. 

And it’s wide open. I wouldn’t say the draft is bad. 
Makes it more interesting imo to find a potential steal at 10-25

And i also see some surprising players that will be drafted higher or lower than expected

16 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

This years draft lacks the super exiting Franchise player.. It does feature a bunch of good role players or even elite role players.. 

And it’s wide open. I wouldn’t say the draft is bad. 
Makes it more interesting imo to find a potential steal at 10-25

And i also see some surprising players that will be drafted higher or lower than expected

Most drafts have guys in the teens and twenties and even the 2nd that outplay their pre-draft projection. 

On top of that some "bad" drafts ended up being good and some "great" drafts ended up being pretty average. Only time will tell really.

Dalton Knecht is joining Reed Sheppard, Devin Carter and Tristan Da Silva as one of my guys in this draft.

I just re-watched his 39 point game against Florida and the most impressive thing is the variety with which he scores. Post game, pull up jumpers, layups, put backs, catch and shoot, running off screens, getting to the FT line.

I tried to find some statistical comparisons for him in Barttorvik's database and a really weird list of guys came up that included: Mikal Bridges, Malcolm Brogdon and Luke Kennard. Now Bridges had much better defensive metrics, Brogdon had better passing/assist metrics and Kennard was a better shooter. So that's not to say he's as good as any or all of those guys but it's still super interesting. 

Ryan Dunn is the most Magic pick in this draft. Incredible defensive player, can't shoot. Everyone would lose their minds. 

On 1/21/2024 at 1:39 PM, CTMagicUK said:

But in this class, if he has consistent performances like that, he's probably a top 5 pick. 

Spoiler alert: he did not. (This post was about Zvonimir Ivisic)

At this point the only Kentucky prospects I feel secure drafting in the first round are Reed Sheppard and Rob Dillingham. Have both in my lottery. 

Daron Holmes II should be getting more first round pick love. Averaging 20 points, 8 boards with over 2 assists and 2 blocks a game on 50/40/70 shooting. Taking over 2 3s a game too. 

Awesome finisher at the rim. Gets to the FT line a bunch. Blocks shots. Fluid mover. Think he projects as more of a 4 than a 5 in the league though since he's 6'9 with a 7'0 wingspan (per last years combine).

I threw some of his stats into Barttorviks data base and the only drafted comp for him on the filters I used was Anthony Davis lol 

I'd talked myself into not posting in here again until I was sure we actually would go into the draft with our pick. But screw it because Devin Carter might finish up in my lottery. 28 points, 11 boards, 6 assists (could have easily had a triple double the amount of shots his teammates missed off of his passes), 4 steals and a block. And he hit some big shots to get the win in overtime against a good Creighton team who have got 3 future pros in their starting 5. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/38788364/2024-nba-draft-rankings-espn-top-25-prospects

I got flamed around here for posting my mock with Risacher #1 back in december... Now he's #1 everywhere you look! good riddance to this place..

I knew the collective BBIQ of this forum was low when THAT was the fight yall chose to stand your ground on.. I'll see myself out..

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, smd_swagswag said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/38788364/2024-nba-draft-rankings-espn-top-25-prospects

I got flamed around here for posting my mock with Risacher #1 back in december... Now he's #1 everywhere you look! good riddance to this place..

I knew the collective BBIQ of this forum was low when THAT was the fight yall chose to stand your ground on.. I'll see myself out..

lol. You are a f joke…

just a quick research and you can find about anything.. Most Mocks right now have Cody Williams and Sarr going number 1

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2024-nba-mock-draft-french-star-alex-sarr-goes-no-1-kentucky-has-two-players-in-top-four/

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/mock-drafts-and-big-boards/2024-nba-mock-draft-projections-following-nba-trade-deadline

i provided you latest updates that don’t have Risacher going 1st.. 

Dont make a fool of yourself. Risacher is a good player. But to act like he is clear number 1 is a joke. Banchero had hype going into his season like last time Zion Williamson and it was still an open debate till the end. 

He’s not that dude who will go 1 no matter what happens from now til then.. 

Complete nonsense and probably just trolling. 

This draft is wide open. So wide open, i haven’t felt this way since the Oladipo draft. 

1 hour ago, smd_swagswag said:

Nobody flamed anyone we asked questions about it. To discuss it. The point of a forum. Then you had a thin skinned meltdown and only returned for some nonsense victory lap. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/3/2023 at 5:59 PM, CTMagicUK said:

Risacher at 1? (I like him, I just can't get to #1 even in a weak draft I'd rather swing at a creator)

Wow how rude of me.