Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

Gary Harris is on a mission tonight folks. Just back off and get out of his way! He has the crowd lathered into a wild frenzy. It's a playoff atmosphere of epic proportions. Stuff is doing his thing. The Magic Dancers seem to have an extra pep in their step. What a great time to be an Orlando Magic fan!

Wow that was a defensive clinic put on in the first quarter!  Offense is running smoothly as well. It's a beautiful thing to watch folks. Like poetry in motion on a Tuesday afternoon in Buffalo.

The Magic of Cole Anthony is on full display this evening. He's dropping dimes. He's hammering down lobs. The footwork in the paint like a professional dancer. And the All-Star caliber defense is something like this world has never witnessed. Magic fans stand and cheer!

• Like 1

Shooting was horrible to close out the half. Can't wait til the day when that's no longer the problem. I mean, it's been the main problem for over a decade now.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

It’s interesting to me that we’re embracing not starting a PG consistently. Goes to show what great playmakers both of our young forwards are

Or how bad our point guards are. 

• Upvote 2

It was 53-40 when Gary Harris entered the game for Cole Anthony with 2:17 left in the second quarter. Utah finished on an 11-0 run to close things out.

3 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

Shooting was horrible to close out the half. Can't wait til the day when that's no longer the problem. I mean, it's been the main problem for over a decade now.

4-22 from deep. 5-11 from the free throw line. Way too many 3's taken. Have to attack the basket. Plenty of instances of over passing the basketball.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

4-22 from deep. 5-11 from the free throw line. Way too many 3's taken. Have to attack the basket. Plenty of instances of over passing the basketball.

Wait, I thought we had all the shooters we needed. Lmao. 

1 minute ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Wait, I thought we had all the shooters we needed. Lmao. 

It is one of the great mysteries of the universe why some shooting wasn't added at the deadline. In the playoffs teams are going to clog the paint. And what is needed at that point? You guessed it! 

Looks like this is turning into a loss tonight folks. The team looks like they are asleep. Too many 3's being hoisted. 7-15 from the free throw line. Mentally they have checked out folks. They seem to do this frequently when their shots aren't falling. Paolo seems as though he is frustrated. The body language is awful. Oh well. Have to shake this loss off and get the next one.