Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

FYI for anyone following my posting on the Bobi Klintman promise stuff, there's a rumour the Pacers promised him at 29.

(But just for context: there was a rumour that the Thunder promised Caleb Houstan at 30 last year)

10 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Mike Miller is Paolo's agent. 

Yup and also worked with him before draft. That was our informant. 

1 minute ago, Jon said:

Yup and also worked with him before draft. That was our informant. 

Mike Miller is directly responsible for getting Paolo Banchero the best deals in all things basketball. How would he act as any kind of impartial informant to us? Better yet why would he do that? His history with this franchise is 2 and a half seasons 20 years ago. 

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

Mike Miller is directly responsible for getting Paolo Banchero the best deals in all things basketball. How would he act as any kind of impartial informant to us? Better yet why would he do that? His history with this franchise is 2 and a half seasons 20 years ago. 

Why wouldn’t he?  He was working with him on the court, not just off the court, and was considered to be the number 1 pick. FO’s speak with agents all the time. 

Don’t know why you’d be surprised about that possibility over FO drafting him with no workout. Theory isn’t to far stretched IMO. 

21 minutes ago, Jon said:

Why wouldn’t he?  He was working with him on the court, not just off the court, and was considered to be the number 1 pick. FO’s speak with agents all the time. 

Don’t know why you’d be surprised about that possibility over FO drafting him with no workout. Theory isn’t to far stretched IMO. 

It'd be naive as hell for our front office to take the word of a man who gets paid more if Paolo is picked #1 on information that could directly affect whether we picked Paolo #1. 

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

It'd be naive as hell for our front office to take the word of a man who gets paid more if Paolo is picked #1 on information that could directly affect whether we picked Paolo #1. 

It’d be naive after gathering info and scouting from our end years before to not listen nor speak to the man who’s working him on the court,  running him through shooting drills who’s also his agent and also a previous employee who has a good current relationship with?

3 minutes ago, Jon said:

It’d be naive after gathering info and scouting from our end years before to not listen nor speak to the man who’s working him on the court,  running him through shooting drills who’s also his agent and also a previous employee who has a good current relationship with?

I'm not in anyway implying we didn't speak to Mike Miller. Mike Miller is his agent. I'm simply saying that the conversations we had with Mike Miller about Paolo would have been in line with every conversation we have with other agents about their own players and not some special inside informant situation which makes no sense and there is no evidence of. 

Just now, CTMagicUK said:

I'm not in anyway implying we didn't speak to Mike Miller. Mike Miller is his agent. I'm simply saying that the conversations we had with Mike Miller about Paolo would have been in line with every conversation we have with other agents about their own players and not some special inside informant situation which makes no sense and there is no evidence of. 

Do agents usually run their clients through shooting drills who also happens to be shooting coach?

Just now, Jon said:

Do agents usually run their clients through shooting drills who also happens to be shooting coach?

What does that have to do with anything? Most agents aren't one of the best 3 point shooters of their generation. 

How does that in anyway invalidate the major conflict of interest that occurs by getting some kind of inside information on Paolo from a man who is literally employed by Paolo. 

15 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

What does that have to do with anything? Most agents aren't one of the best 3 point shooters of their generation. 

How does that in anyway invalidate the major conflict of interest that occurs by getting some kind of inside information on Paolo from a man who is literally employed by Paolo. 

Most agents don’t also run their clients through a shooting camp but ok. 

It’s not secret information. It didn’t need to be. We had the number 1 pick. I’m sure it was shared with many other teams. Agents talk about their clients all the time. I’m just saying that I don’t think it was huge deal we didn’t work him out since we had a lot of info on him past and present.

12 minutes ago, Jon said:

Most agents don’t also run their clients through a shooting camp but ok. 

It’s not secret information. It didn’t need to be. We had the number 1 pick. I’m sure it was shared with many other teams. Agents talk about their clients all the time. I’m just saying that I don’t think it was huge deal we didn’t work him out since we had a lot of info on him past and present.

I never said it was a huge deal we didn't work him out though? 

14 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I never said it was a huge deal we didn't work him out though? 

I know. I was just stating my theory on why  I don’t think it was that important.