CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

9 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

You cannot say that CT. Well you can of course cos its your opinion. But i really have unwavering confidence that our team is about to make a massive jump. We was held back on a leash alot last season on purpose. The thing i will say is are management looking to have 1 more year of tanking/development and trying to get Wenbanyama next season.. if so then of course no home court nor play in.

Like I say I admire your optimism. I expect we'll be better than the 20 odd wins we mustered last year but do I expect we'll win 40+ games? Nah. Better to be pessimistic and pleasantly surprised than optimistic and let down haha

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Like I say I admire your optimism. I expect we'll be better than the 20 odd wins we mustered last year but do I expect we'll win 40+ games? Nah. Better to be pessimistic and pleasantly surprised than optimistic and let down haha

I hear you my brother haha i hear ya. CT where are you from in the UK? I am from London myself. West London to be exact. We shall have a bet i think? If you are up for it? I am saying we make the playoffs... 50 quid bet?

14 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I’m gonna stick my neck out there and say that Wembanyama isn’t worth tanking for.

Let’s see how this take holds up in 5 years

I hear you MP. I honestly believe we are going to smash teams this season. 

7 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Look we aren't going to tank. Well, at least the first 3 months. Every team that is bad after the all-star break will alter the line-ups a bit. The Pacers and Blazers absolutley tanked last year but not until they were bad and made trades. If the Magic have the same bad record at the all-star break they will definitely give whoever is left more rest days and slip in some two way players.

But they won't have to tank. They will just be bad, hopefully this doesn't happen. If we are getting better and most players are healthy they are going to try. How do we know? Because wwe have been that team for years. 

Playoffs incoming hootie. We are going to smoke teams this season. Its gonna be hilarious 

Just now, Jay Magic said:

I hear you my brother haha i hear ya. CT where are you from in the UK? I am from London myself. West London to be exact. We shall have a bet i think? If you are up for it? I am saying we make the playoffs... 50 quid bet?

I'm from Doncaster. Nah bro I'm saving for a wedding and a honeymoon I haven't got £50 to lose at the moment (even if I don't actually think I'd lose haha).

I appreciate everyone on this board trying to bet with me though it's a good job I'm not a recovering gambling addict!

Jaden Ivey just seems to be the Damian Lillard / Chris Paul / Doncic / Young / Wade of this draft.

High floor guard and likely star that gets ignored because teams just love to draft frontcourt players with the highest picks.

There might be a ton of action in this draft so I’ll be open minded and give the front office some time until I judge the pick. They earned a lot of good will with the Franz pick

Givony has moved Peyton Watson to 28 to the Warriors on his board? He has us taking him at 35 and I thought that was too high. There's also been rumours we enquired about 28 from the Warriors and that they were open to trading out...

I swear to god if we trade up to 28 and pick Peyton Watson of all people I'll be very disappointed (I'll eventually talk myself into believing he'll be good but for a few hours I'll be livid lol)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm from Doncaster. Nah bro I'm saving for a wedding and a honeymoon I haven't got £50 to lose at the moment (even if I don't actually think I'd lose haha).

I appreciate everyone on this board trying to bet with me though it's a good job I'm not a recovering gambling addict!

Hahahahahahahaha this made me laugh!!!!! Ok cool. Maybe we can link up sometime and watch a game or 2. We shall not bet. But if we make the playoffs i shall buy you a wedding gift for your special day!! If we make homecourt advantage you have to invite me to your wedding!? Hahahaha 

1 minute ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Jaden Ivey just seems to be the Damian Lillard / Chris Paul / Doncic / Young / Wade of this draft.

High floor guard and likely star that gets ignored because teams just love to draft frontcourt players with the highest picks.

There might be a ton of action in this draft so I’ll be open minded and give the front office some time until I judge the pick. They earned a lot of good will with the Franz pick

Woj says its going off tonight!!!

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

Givony has moved Peyton Watson to 28 to the Warriors on his board? He has us taking him at 35 and I thought that was too high. There's also been rumours we enquired about 28 from the Warriors and that they were open to trading out...

I swear to god if we trade up to 28 and pick Peyton Watson of all people I'll be very disappointed (I'll eventually talk myself into believing he'll be good but for a few hours I'll be livid lol)

Where does he play? Whats his pros and cons? WeltHam must see something to trade for him. 

Opens youtube..searches Peyton Watson

2 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Hahahahahahahaha this made me laugh!!!!! Ok cool. Maybe we can link up sometime and watch a game or 2. We shall not bet. But if we make the playoffs i shall buy you a wedding gift for your special day!! If we make homecourt advantage you have to invite me to your wedding!? Hahahaha 

I'm not inviting most of the people I know in real life but I'm sure they'll be ok with it if I told them I was inviting a guy I speak to about basketball with on the internet lol.

4 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm not inviting most of the people I know in real life but I'm sure they'll be ok with it if I told them I was inviting a guy I speak to about basketball with on the internet lol.

I shall come to the honeymoon instead my man hahahaha. Anyways congratulations in advance on the wedding. 

Whats your prediction for tonight?