CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

Kuminga would be fine at 5th and if we can get Keon Johnson at 8th... we would be able to fly down the court and kill defense before they can setup. With the injuries we had and the players coming back. If there is development with Hampton, Okeke, and anthony....I think we are at least 7th or 8th seed in the east.

9 minutes ago, Nwhermit said:

Kuminga would be fine at 5th and if we can get Keon Johnson at 8th... we would be able to fly down the court and kill defense before they can setup. With the injuries we had and the players coming back. If there is development with Hampton, Okeke, and anthony....I think we are at least 7th or 8th seed in the east.

Sure we'd be great on transition but we'd have the worst spacing in the league.

12 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Newest rumor mill is 7 and Wiseman to Toronto and Siakam to Golden State.. interesting 

Think Toronto would be mad to do that.

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yeah, you’d think at the least they’d have to include 14 as well, but why would a team want 4, 7 and 14 in the same draft. Unless they think that Siakam got way overrated and are trying to sell high 

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, you’d think at the least they’d have to include 14 as well, but why would a team want 4, 7 and 14 in the same draft. Unless they think that Siakam got way overrated and are trying to sell high 

Yea and personally I think he's been underrated by being asked to be the #1 option.

4 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yea and personally I think he's been underrated by being asked to be the #1 option.

Not quite sure I'm following that one - can you open the help files with the explanation?

9 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Not quite sure I'm following that one - can you open the help files with the explanation?

By being asked to be the main scorer his deficiencies are more noticeable which has lead to him being undervalued. 

20 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

By being asked to be the main scorer his deficiencies are more noticeable which has lead to him being undervalued. 

That still seems really low. I mean we got WCJ, Otto Porter (expiring), this year's first (protected), and the 2023 first (protected) for Vucevic. Wiseman and #7 for Siakim seems like a steal for Golden State vs. what we got for Vuc. 

5 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

That still seems really low. I mean we got WCJ, Otto Porter (expiring), this year's first (protected), and the 2023 first (protected) for Vucevic. Wiseman and #7 for Siakim seems like a steal for Golden State vs. what we got for Vuc. 

I know... 

59 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Half of my favourite guys for 33 are (quite rightly) climbing into the first round:

Bones

Thor

Trey Murphy

Josh Primo and Julian Champagnie both seem to have increasing draft stock as well so I wouldn't be surprised if 1 or both of those guys make it into the first. 

2 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Would yall do 5 & 8 for Siakam? Pretty much what GS is offering

Personally no. I think Siakam is probably worth more than 5+8 to be honest but Toronto aren't going to be a top 3 team in the East with him as the main guy and they have pieces like OG, FVV, Gary Trent and Boucher on their roster. With an even worse roster than that we'd be back where we were in previous seasons battling for the 8th seed.