Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

2 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

I  think they are hoping that he can play off ball with Fultz as the primary handler. Nothing we have seen shows that is likely. 

Don’t think we’ve seen anything that suggests he can’t. Who’s he running with right now? Lee?

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Don’t think we’ve seen anything that suggests he can’t. Who’s he running with right now? Lee?

They tried staggering him with Spencer in Brooklyn. Im not saying it’s impossible,I’m saying that we have no reason to be optimistic at the prospect of it. It’s a ballsy move and the guy has talent. If they made the move anyone short of JI or Fultz I’d not be upset about. 

9 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

They tried staggering him with Spencer in Brooklyn. Im not saying it’s impossible,I’m saying that we have no reason to be optimistic at the prospect of it. It’s a ballsy move and the guy has talent. If they made the move anyone short of JI or Fultz I’d not be upset about. 

I’m not the biggest fan but he can do one thing well and that is score. Granted it’s one dimensional. He personally wouldn’t be my number 1 option. I just don’t know who else would be better that’s possibly available. At some point we gotta stop kicking the can down the road with this. 

18 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Not even close man. Biyombo has no offensive skills whatsoever. That’s an horrible comparison. You can do better than that.

I'm just not convinced you've ever seen Russell play because everything you're suggesting is antithetical to who he is as a basketball player. 

We don't have evidence Russell can play off ball because he never plays off ball. He had the opportunity last year to play off ball last year and never did. With Dinwiddie on the court Russell was just as ball dominant and it totally tanked Brooklyn's effectiveness because dinwiddie was terrible in the minutes they shared. 

This is just so frustrating to me because it's just such a horrible idea. 

6 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I’m not the biggest fan but he can do one thing well and that is score. Granted it’s one dimensional. He personally wouldn’t be my number 1 option. I just don’t know who else would be better that’s possibly available. At some point we gotta stop kicking the can down the road with this. 

I get it. Our ceiling might be low playoff seed irregardless. Just might be prudent to hold off and see if someone becomes disenchanted with their team. Might be a better fit that raises that ceiling. 

Like if you wanted to argue that Russell is actually going to improve and we should build a spiritual successor to the 14-15 rockets around him I would understand because a lot of my issues with him as a player are efficiency based and fixable by just getting better. 

But it's really hard to find a worse move than sticking Russell next to fultz. It just misevaluates both players so significantly. 

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I'm just not convinced you've ever seen Russell play because everything you're suggesting is antithetical to who he is as a basketball player. 

We don't have evidence Russell can play off ball because he never plays off ball. He had the opportunity last year to play off ball last year and never did. With Dinwiddie on the court Russell was just as ball dominant and it totally tanked Brooklyn's effectiveness because dinwiddie was terrible in the minutes they shared. 

This is just so frustrating to me because it's just such a horrible idea. 

Well I don’t live in California but I’ve watched clips. I don’t make blind assumptions. He scores quite a bit chucking from outside but I’ve seen a lot of clips where he scores moving without the ball and in catch and shoot situations which says to me with a discipline coach and age still on his side, it could work. Not saying it would. Just saying it could.

Like I’ve said a bunch of times, not my number 1 option but the elephant in the room is getting bigger by the second and the longer we kick the can, the more likely we waste more time of our youths ability to grow as winners. 

7 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

I get it. Our ceiling might be low playoff seed irregardless. Just might be prudent to hold off and see if someone becomes disenchanted with their team. Might be a better fit that raises that ceiling. 

But it doesn’t take much to look and see who that might be and I don’t see it. Not in the nearer future. How many years are we going to sacrifice our youth, again, and give them the opportunity to win putting good players around them instead of keeping them in a losing or an treadmill environment?

Are we trying to get better and win or we just recycling youth while FO is collecting retirement?

4 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

In a different role though where he isn’t so ball dominate? Off ball more? We’ve been saying that about Fournier for how many years?

I’ll keep stating he’s not my number one option. I’m all for someone better. Just don’t see anyone coming up with that.