Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

31 minutes ago, harley said:

I think we should strike while the iron is hot, get some assets for him. Still think even at this level he’s not a difference maker. 

Probably. But he's not going to get us much given he's probably expiring. 

And, yeah, even at this level it's not like he's Beal. 

But how many 20ppg 40+% three point shooters are out there? 

41 minutes ago, harley said:

I think we should strike while the iron is hot, get some assets for him. Still think even at this level he’s not a difference maker. 

At this level he has carried this team. This level is not something that is all over the league. His play has been exactly what a difference maker is. He doesn't keep this up but put some respect on his current play!

4 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

At this level he has carried this team. This level is not something that is all over the league. His play has been exactly what a difference maker is. He doesn't keep this up but put some respect on his current play!

If the difference your looking for is 41 wins instead of 35. Then yes he is. I would hope our goals are higher

6 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

If the difference your looking for is 41 wins instead of 35. Then yes he is. I would hope our goals are higher

I'm just speaking of his current play. It' don't get much better. He's as close to Beal tier player (who ever that includes) as you can get. Currently he is a difference maker. That's all I'm saying. 

20 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I'm just speaking of his current play. It' don't get much better. He's as close to Beal tier player (who ever that includes) as you can get. Currently he is a difference maker. That's all I'm saying. 

No. Beal is better. 

But he's in that hield, McCollum, DeRozan, Lou Williams tier. 

He's been better than Brogdon. 

He's been better than Oubre. 

So, yeah, that's not a difference maker but if we're hoping that fultz and Isaac are the difference makers then you want a guy like this current version of fournier as the supplementary guy. 

6 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

No. Beal is better. 

But he's in that hield, McCollum, DeRozan, Lou Williams tier. 

He's been better than Brogdon. 

He's been better than Oubre. 

So, yeah, that's not a difference maker but if we're hoping that fultz and Isaac are the difference makers then you want a guy like this current version of fournier as the supplementary guy. 

I never said he was better than Beal just that he's as close to that tier as you can get which is tier 1. So wherever he falls on tier 2 good luck trying to replicate that in another player. 

Again I don't think he keeps this up but what is currently doing is only being done equally or better by literally a handful of players. That's a difference maker in my opinion. 

I think he ends up between this year and the regular version of Fournier. Somewhere around 17-18ppg on 45% shooting. That is only replaceable by 10 or so players so again good luck replacing that.  

Though my point wasn't "resign fournier, he's our guy". 

It's more like "Fournier is playing so good that it's going to be tough for management to let him go and that's an incredibly dangerous place to be for our rebuild". 

The idealized versions of everyone in a fultz-fournier-Isaac-Gordon-Vucevic mcw-Ross-okeke-Bamba rotation would be a contender. 

So I'm a little worried we're going to enter decision paralysis, lock everyone up by being too afraid to let guys go and end up like the wizard teams from the middle of the decade. 

15 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

It's more like "Fournier is playing so good that it's going to be tough for management to let him go and that's an incredibly dangerous place to be for our rebuild". 

The idealized versions of everyone in a fultz-fournier-Isaac-Gordon-Vucevic mcw-Ross-okeke-Bamba rotation would be a contender. 

So I'm a little worried we're going to enter decision paralysis, lock everyone up by being too afraid to let guys go and end up like the wizard teams from the middle of the decade. 

Thinking outside the box a little bit here, so please nobody kill me over it, but what if we kept Fournier and traded AG? Maybe what we get for AG could help us turn the corner. 

18 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Thinking outside the box a little bit here, so please nobody kill me over it, but what if we kept Fournier and traded AG? Maybe what we get for AG could help us turn the corner. 

I'm fine with it even being a huge AG fan but the return has to be substantial. No lateral moves or moves that mean we remain a 6-8 seed. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

It's more like "Fournier is playing so good that it's going to be tough for management to let him go... 

This is exactly why Vooch is back, and also why I feel they’ll repeat with Fournier. I didn’t see it in the off-season when all the talking heads wanted AG to be the odd man out, but I definitely see it now. If we make a splash via trade, I think Gordon is the asset moved.

25 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

This is exactly why Vooch is back, and also why I feel they’ll repeat with Fournier. I didn’t see it in the off-season when all the talking heads wanted AG to be the odd man out, but I definitely see it now. If we make a splash via trade, I think Gordon is the asset moved.

That's the problem though. If you're invested in fultz and Isaac and you pay the money to resign Fournier at the price it's going to cost to keep him at this number you don't have a trade to make. There's no point in going after a star. 

If fultz is your end of game creator and Isaac is your siakam and Fournier is your supplementary off ball scorer you don't need a star, you need the version of Gordon that's a cutter, mismatch scorer, on ball defender. 

So what are you going to trade Gordon for? A better off ball 3 and D forward? A better center than Vucevic?