The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

30 minutes ago, magicblue said:

If we trade Vuch for young talent and/or assets we're probably going to lose more games in the short term, seeing as how our offense pretty much revolves around him

Yes, agree,  but it would be part of a pro-active strategy to make us better.  I’m all in favor.  

2 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Step to the table and roll the dice just like everyone else!  I remember 1993 when we had a 1 in 66 chance to get the #1 pick and we did!  

And there’s the strategy in a nutshell.  Lose every possible game until history repeats itself, no matter how long it takes (2059 might not even be an exaggeration).  Don’t try to build a team any other way.  Be totally passive.  

2 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

And there’s the strategy in a nutshell.  Lose every possible game until history repeats itself, no matter how long it takes (2059 might not even be an exaggeration).  Don’t try to build a team any other way.  Be totally passive.  

If you know your history the Magic were the first team out of the playoffs.  The first year of Shaq.  We had the least chance to win the lottery and we won it!  This year we have a chance that's all.  The top 3 teams have a 14% chance we currently have 8%

• Downvote 2

24 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Your context and frame of reference for your overall opionions on this team and organization.

At least I understand probability

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Please don't go there.  I fully understand.  I have a degree to prove it!  It sounds corny i know but sometimes you have to believe in Magic!

"Belief" is not a valid plan for success. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Wow I got a down vote for saying Vooch is not a valid plan for long term success? Grow up!

You're seriously concerned about a downvote? Grow up :)    Wasn't me for the record...I agree with you