The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

44 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The goal is to build the best team possible over the next few years with a team that's built to go further than a first round sweep. If vucevic shows this playoff series that he can be a weapon, we resign him. If he's played off the court we don't. 

We shouldn't look at this situation as Vuc vs Bamba. It's entirely "is vucevic capable of being the starting center of a team that can get into the second round". If that answer is "no", given his age we should move on. 

Truth. And to add to that, if we determine Vooch is worth re-signing, we have to test the trade market on Bamba. Would be foolish not to

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Truth. And to add to that, if we determine Vooch is worth re-signing, we have to test the trade market on Bamba. Would be foolish not to

AG + Bamba for LeBron

5 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yup. 

Nothing to do with Bamba. All about allocation of resources. Maybe the market isn't good enough to move him and we can just develop him as the backup but it doesn't make sense to have a deep 9 at the expense of your top 6. 

45 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Basketball reference's predictor has us at 70.7%

Fivethirtyeight has us at 80%. 

Both have us getting to 40 wins which means we need 3 more. 

We should beat NY and ATL

Hopefully BOS will be resting starters

Next 2 games are the most key ones, IMO. DET and IND will be the deciders

7 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

No. If you resign VUC for 2-3 years, you let bamba develop. 

vuc will be 29 with only 1 great season on his belt. you cannot tie the future to him using only this season sample size.

No need to trade bamba

6 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Not necessarily. Vuc is 28 (29 in October), Bamba is only 21. If Vuc starts declining as Bamba is improving then we may have the perfect "overlap" of starting caliber. We have already seen Oladipo and Harris get traded early and come to regret it. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

AG + Bamba for LeBron

I think Gordon and Isaac are too simpatico that you can't trade one without hurting the other unless you obtained a guy with Gordon's traits that was better. 

Just now, magicblue said:

Why would we trade Bamba if we re-sign Vuc for 2-3 years? Makes no sense

The only way I'm resigning vucevic is if we determine he's the long term starting center. If he's not the long term starting center you don't resign him. 

If vucevic is the long term starting center it means Bamba is only getting 16 mpg for a while. 

From a value standpoint it might make more sense to see if you could have Birch or a replacement level center as backup while you flip Bamba, our first, and Fournier for a fournier upgrade or something like that. 

Not like you'd just dump Bamba for a 2020 first or something like that though.