Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

13 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

And how many ceo’s went to jail for the mortgage collapse of 08?

Eric holder preferred going after financial settlements vs actual jail time. 

But it's not really an analogous situation. Professional sports leagues are more valuable than any other form of entertainment right now because of live TV rights. The live rights are valuable because people tune in to watch unscripted television. The entire financial future of the league is tied to it's legitimacy. 

And honestly if the league was interested in tampering in the product they wouldn't have allowed the Knicks to be terrible for the last 17 years. 

13 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Eric holder preferred going after financial settlements vs actual jail time. 

But it's not really an analogous situation. Professional sports leagues are more valuable than any other form of entertainment right now because of live TV rights. The live rights are valuable because people tune in to watch unscripted television. The entire financial future of the league is tied to it's legitimacy. 

U think that’s why holder did what he did? SMH 

42 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I'm genuinely asking.  Just today, you have stated that people are "asleep", ~O~ is trying to "wake" us, we should do research (but not about anything in particular), we are being lied to, and that the world is not fair. 

It just must suck to live in such a paranoid bubble. 

Your virtual reality must we a wonderful place. Glass houses. 

41 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The issue is they rigged games people gambled on. It's the same basic reason why you're not allowed to rig slot machines. 

In theory you can rig games that people don't gamble on our that have no financial incentive. Like it's not illegal for the Harlem Globetrotters to have rigged games. But as soon as there's a financial incentive and the games are portrayed as random events it's illegal

All I'm saying is if the league can have a Toronto vs cavs series instead of a Indiana vs Toronto they'll try to have that happen. If Indiana somehow wins this series it is what it is, but best believe it won't be easy when its gonna be 8 on 5. Just like magic vs cavs 09 they wanted lebron vs Kobe but luckly we had so many shooters it was difficult for them to make that happen

2 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

All I'm saying is if the league can have a Toronto vs cavs series instead of a Indiana vs Toronto they'll try to have that happen. If Indiana somehow wins this series it is what it is, but best believe it won't be easy when its gonna be 8 on 5. Just like magic vs cavs 09 they wanted lebron vs Kobe but luckly we had so many shooters it was difficult for them to make that happen

Your go-to example for why the league is rigged is a series where the team they would have preferred to win didn’t actually win? 

An entire days worth of hilarious posts and that one entertained me the most. Good work. 

Just now, J-Mac said:

See but that logic doesn't hold up. It's better for the league if Toronto loses because they can't count the international figures in national ad numbers. That's why Toronto always gets screwed in national tv games. 

1 minute ago, fan for too long 2 said:

OB is doing $400000 speeches for these companies. And u think that he went after them for meaningless fines because that was?

Dude I just made a factual statement that the Justice system went after settlements vs criminal cases. I didn't make a value judgement off of it. I'm not really interested in your red pill world view on this Orlando magic message board.