Jump to content
Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

Just going by math and history, it's likely that at least one of Ayton, JJJ, Bamba, Bagley or Carter will be a complete bust, right? Wonder who it'll be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Just going by math and history, it's likely that at least one of Ayton, JJJ, Bamba, Bagley or Carter will be a complete bust, right? Wonder who it'll be

My vote is jjj or bagley. Bagley has no right hand at all and is a very low energy guy on d. jjj is an unknown has gone invisible on the court quite a bit. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Its a link my dude. Look inside for the voting.

ah I see, I hate how people kept writing in names instead of upvoting what was already there. Either way, Doncic, Bamba, Young, Porter/Carter seems to be the order I've seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Just going by math and history, it's likely that at least one of Ayton, JJJ, Bamba, Bagley or Carter will be a complete bust, right? Wonder who it'll be

It's likely half of them are going to be worse than anticipated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ?4thewin said:

It's likely half of them are going to be worse than anticipated

I'd bet it to be Carter and Bagley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Just going by math and history, it's likely that at least one of Ayton, JJJ, Bamba, Bagley or Carter will be a complete bust, right? Wonder who it'll be

The last time 5 big guys went top 7 in the draft was 2011

2 - Derrick Williams

3 - Enes Kanter

4 - Tristan Thompson

5 - Jonas Valanciunas

6 - Jan Vesely

7 - Bismack Biyombo

 

Kemba, Klay, Kawhi, Butler, and IT were all picked later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the safest bet of all those is weirdly Carter.  I think Ayton will be an Andre Drummond type player, with better offense and worse defense, but not exactly All-NBA.

JJJ and Bamba are boom or bust imo. I could see them as amazing or unplayable.

Bagley will be a good stats bad team guy.

--

Let's see how these predictions hold up :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think the safest bet of all those is weirdly Carter.  I think Ayton will be an Andre Drummond type player, with better offense and worse defense, but not exactly All-NBA.

JJJ and Bamba are boom or bust imo. I could see them as amazing or unplayable.

Bagley will be a good stats bad team guy.

--

Let's see how these predictions hold up :D

If Jackson ends up as unplayable (assuming no debilitating injuries) I'll burn my Lewis Jersey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If Jackson ends up as unplayable (assuming no debilitating injuries) I'll burn my Lewis Jersey

I think he's the most intriguing player in the draft, even more than Bamba. JJJ is huge. Not just the wingspan, but he's a tank. Almost as physically impressive as Ayton, but with real defensive upside.

Big guys are weird, though. Sometimes they don't develop an offensive game or don't have the smarts to go with their physical tools

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think the safest bet of all those is weirdly Carter.  I think Ayton will be an Andre Drummond type player, with better offense and worse defense, but not exactly All-NBA.

JJJ and Bamba are boom or bust imo. I could see them as amazing or unplayable.

Bagley will be a good stats bad team guy.

--

Let's see how these predictions hold up :D

I like all these predictions, what's your precaution for Young?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think he's the most intriguing player in the draft, even more than Bamba. JJJ is huge. Not just the wingspan, but he's a tank. Almost as physically impressive as Ayton, but with real defensive upside.

Big guys are weird, though. Sometimes they don't develop an offensive game or don't have the smarts to go with their physical tools

Yeah but like worst case scenario he's still like Jordan Bell with a three point shot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Magicfan1987 said:

I like all these predictions, what's your precaution for Young?

I think Young's floor is higher than some people think. I think his worst case scenario is a DJ Augustin with much better basketball IQ

 

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Yeah but like worst case scenario he's still like Jordan Bell with a three point shot. 

That would be a fantastic player. I'm not sure if his floor is that high. Bell is quite agile all over the court

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×