Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

76ers won 50th game of the season first time since 2001 season lol

we have been a very lucky franchise if you ask me

They also tanked hard and smart, like we should have done 

12 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Praise the LORD!!! Now if we can just finish out the season losing :D

hopefully philly rests for playoffs so hawks beat them and mavs beat suns!!!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Why People keep saying that?. I mean,   They have great players and a good future but those player are as a result of good drafting more than anything else. They had 5 years of truly tanking. They stroke out on 2 years with Okafor and Noel and did great in 3? with simmons, Embiid and Fultz(we still need to see him play and with Embiid health issue...? Longetivity is of concern. 

The great drafting comes with Saric and Covington which are as valuable as any Of the guys mentioned above. These two were selected out of the top 5( not a tanking position) 

Now, they are surely in a better position that where we are now for sure, but what have they accomplished in the last 10 years that we haven’t?

If we draft smart this year and play the free agency well, I just dont see how we cant compete with them next year. 

6 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

hopefully philly rests for playoffs so hawks beat them and mavs beat suns!!!

Yes! But unfortunately, I can also see the Wizards doing the same to us. We just need to come with some Back spasms diagnosis on Gordon and DJ. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

If we draft smart this year and play the free agency well, I just dont see how we cant compete with them next year. 

getting to 50 wins is a big deal with the players they have. None of those guys are veterans (except Redick). Short of signing Lebron James (or drafting him), there is basically no chance we can compete with them next year. 

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Why People keep saying that?. I mean,   They have great players and a good future but those player are as a result of good drafting more than anything else. They had 5 years of truly tanking. They stroke out on 2 years with Okafor and Noel and did great in 3? with simmons, Embiid and Fultz(we still need to see him play and with Embiid health issue...? Longetivity is of concern. 

The great drafting comes with Saric and Covington which are as valuable as any Of the guys mentioned above. These two were selected out of the top 5( not a tanking position) 

Now, they are surely in a better position that where we are now for sure, but what have they accomplished in the last 10 years that we haven’t?

3 out of 5 isn't bad especially when those 3 could be all-stars or better. I think Noel could have been better if they didn't have that logjam at center and he was able to get the minutes. I would have rather had him on our team than Vuc this year.

We would need some real luck in the draft, trades, and FA signings to be able to compete with them next year. If we start next season with Vuc at center it really doesn't matter whatever else we do, we will still have layup drills and other teams will go at him to close out close games.

59 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

They were fortunate that multiple players missed years allowing more losses

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

yeah they were able to stagger how back they sucked while still developing their elite prospects mentally. 

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

They were also super good with their trades and assets in order to get a 3rd #1 pick. Tanking is part of the equation, but they did super well with the rest of it as well.