Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I was not suggesting that putting on weight prevents ankle injuries (look at Stef Curry). My point was, it's possible that he can gain muscle/weight, but then again--as you pointed out, there are people that have a lot of trouble putting on muscle.  Although Penny added muscle, he had several ankle or knee injuries.

Very true. I hope Isaac can find a way to stay healthy. He could really be a special player in a few years if he does.

44 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think it gives us options where we aren't desperate to add a point guard to the roster.  Don't need to overpay for someone like rondo just to fill that spot.  We can develop a guy or wait until the trade deadline or wait until next year

I'm thinking grab one in the 2nd round and bring him up slowly. DJ IS doing a great job, always hustles, and will be a great mentor on a good contract!

Just now, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I'm thinking grab one in the 2nd round and bring him up slowly. DJ IS doing a great job, always hustles, and will be a great mentor on a good contract!

The history of worthwhile point guards in the second round is pretty short over the past 10 years.  

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

No it wouldn't. Gordon is our only player post all star with a positive plus minus.  Whether or not he's shooting well on offense he's been a positive on the court.  

And I'm still not sure why you are on your anti-augustin crusade but he's been just a shade short of being a 50/45/90 guy post all star.  We shouldn't be naive about things and suggest he's anything more than a backup long term, he's been about as good as anyone could expect. 

Vucevic is crap though.  

Augustin's shooting prowess has never been in question. He's just a very flawed floor general.

It's a very short sample size but I trust that Mack+Mario+Birch lineup to play better basketball than the Augustin+Gordon+Vucevic. Just way more selfless

13 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Augustin's shooting prowess has never been in question. He's just a very flawed floor general.

It's a very short sample size but I trust that Mack+Mario+Birch lineup to play better basketball than the Augustin+Gordon+Vucevic. Just way more selfless

He doesn't have to be a floor general.  Passing has been good in the aggregate.  

Mack mario Birch lineups aren't playing as well as DJ Gordon vuc lineups though I'm not really sure we'r should even use numbers based on how much noise is out there.  

47 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Can Brunson be Jameer 2.0??

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

In fact I think floor generals are overrated.  I think the priority should be on ball movement.  

Lonzo balls best passing doesn't necessarily come from having the ball all the time until the assist it comes from his Ball movement philosophy. 

46 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

yeah but there ARE a few good ones this year. I'd be happy with Carter or Graham, maybe even Melton for now if we don't take one of the big 4.

I love Carter's mentality

1 hour ago, jjgator said:

Very true. I hope Isaac can find a way to stay healthy. He could really be a special player in a few years if he does.

I'm just glad nothing's torn or broken but only bent every now and then

20 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

In fact I think floor generals are overrated.  I think the priority should be on ball movement.  

I agree and I don't think DJ is too good at that