Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Interesting. Well the Lakers are going to have to make a tough call on him. I see Dallas landing him this summer.

They’re basically in the same boat as us with AG, except they are winning which will increase expectations and create a void on the team if they let him walk.  He’s been their best player.  Dallas will def come calling with cash though.  Is there a team that stands out for AG? I haven’t heard of any yet.

41 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Is Randle still a bad word around these parts? There’s something about a lefty doing what he does on the court, he is becoming such a good player.

I liked him a lot before his draft. His athleticism is great but sort of hidden by his appearance.

If we're honest Gordon vs Randle is a real debate.

The only problem with Randle is how he fits in today's NBA, but sometimes that can be a good thing

2 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I liked him a lot before his draft. His athleticism is great but sort of hidden by his appearance.

If we're honest Gordon vs Randle is a real debate.

The only problem with Randle is how he fits in today's NBA, but sometimes that can be a good thing

He was on LeBron all night the other night when they won.  I think he fits great in the NBA.  He’s very athletic.  I’m not interested in comparing the two, I think it’ll be interesting for contract purposes though.  Randle has shown more than AG at the nba level and has known suitors.  How much will projection play into AG’s contract? That’s going to be key.

44 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Is Randle still a bad word around these parts? There’s something about a lefty doing what he does on the court, he is becoming such a good player.

He's never really been a bad word.  He's just a somewhat problematic player to build around long term.  He's been the Lakers best player over the past 15 games but he's still 6'9 and his success is almost exclusively built on bullying guys to the rim and using his strength to push defenders out of the way.  And he's not a good defender.  

So a PF with the game of a traditional center is a weird piece to build around as you need a particular center to play with him.  But a bully scorer playing in the time when many centers are getting lighter is an interesting piece to have.  I just don't know if he's a starter on a good team unless you're playing him with a shooter at 5. 

30 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He's never really been a bad word.  He's just a somewhat problematic player to build around long term.  He's been the Lakers best player over the past 15 games but he's still 6'9 and his success is almost exclusively built on bullying guys to the rim and using his strength to push defenders out of the way.  And he's not a good defender.  

So a PF with the game of a traditional center is a weird piece to build around as you need a particular center to play with him.  But a bully scorer playing in the time when many centers are getting lighter is an interesting piece to have.  I just don't know if he's a starter on a good team unless you're playing him with a shooter at 5. 

I see where you are coming from, but that seems like his predraft profile.  He has matured differently imo.  He is very skilled with the ball, not just a bully, he’s just strong.  He’s also not a center in the least bit, but again based off his draft profile you would think that.  I won’t argue his defensive status as that can get heated sometimes but he is at the least passable on D, evidenced most recently by his job on LeBron.  His reality is evolving differently than the picture you paint I believe.  Time will tell though.

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Tiger is a pretty good example of why not to draft him.  He had a significant drop in performance, good days and bad days, never really the same guy.  

Possibly but this past weekend shows recovery can occur.  Can't imagine a more demanding sport on your back than golf where you torque your back on every shot!  Time will tell!

I’d draft Porter at 5 or later if available, just too much reward to ignore at that point.  I wouldn’t take him over the big 4 though.

2 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I see where you are coming from, but that seems like his predraft profile.  He has matured differently imo.  He is very skilled with the ball, not just a bully, he’s just strong.  He’s also not a center in the least bit, but again based off his draft profile you would think that.  I won’t argue his defensive status as that can get heated sometimes but he is at the least passable on D, evidenced most recently by his job on LeBron.  His reality is evolving differently than the picture you paint I believe.  Time will tell though.

90% of his offense these last 15 games has been within 5 feet of the rim.  95% of his offense has been within 9 feet of the rim.  It's not his draft profile its who he is.  

Just now, Murphy13 said:

I’d draft Porter at 5 or later if available, just too much reward to ignore at that point.  I wouldn’t take him over the big 4 though.

It really depends on improvement of his athleticism over time. If in June he looks similar to what we saw the other day i don't know if he's draftable in the top 10. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

90% of his offense these last 15 games has been within 5 feet of the rim.  95% of his offense has been within 9 feet of the rim.  It's not his draft profile its who he is.  

There’s much much more to it than that.  

1 hour ago, Murphy13 said:

He has more length than AG.  I don’t think that matters.  

No he doesn't, most of his wingspan is in his chest, it's been well documented that he has t rex arms. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

yeah he'd be a good guy to call off your bench if your team isn't shooting particularly well for a spell in desperate spurts, it's hard to not have floor spacing at the 4 where stretch 4 has become the new norm