Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2017 Watch the Playoffs Thread!

I think you're just over moralizing basketball. And i think you're misplacing blame. Its not like Durant snuck on a championship team like Karl Malone playing for the mle. He took the maximum salary every franchise could offer him (except okc). Why should we chide him for preferring to play for golden state instead of Boston?

Blame the league for not smoothing the cap. Not Durant for wanting to have fun at his job

I'm not over moralizing. I don't have anything personal to do with any of these players. I don't expect them to kiss babies, solve world problems, etc.

All I have is the game to view and observe. I enjoy watching KD and GS but being a champion has a meaning on to itself and that meaning can be different for others. For me, he isn't the definition of a champion. He's a winner, a baller, one of the most talented in this era, just not a champion by heart.

but being a champion has a meaning on to itself

No it doesn't. That's Wheaties ad copy.

Some titles have more meaning than others. This isn't as meaningful as like dirk beating the heat because of how unlikely it was. But its not like golden state beat some weak team that didn't have a chance. Korver makes a three in game three and we're going to 6 or 7 games

No it doesn't. That's Wheaties ad copy.

Some titles have more meaning than others. This isn't as meaningful as like dirk beating the heat because of how unlikely it was. But its not like golden state beat some weak team that didn't have a chance. Korver makes a three in game three and we're going to 6 or 7 games

No it's character. There's still some of us who put that over a piece of jewelry and a trophy. Shocking I know in today's modern world but it's not just a marketing strategy.

Maybe it's how i live my life I dunno.

No it's character. There's still some of us who put that over a piece of jewelry and a trophy. Shocking I know in today's modern world but it's not just a marketing strategy.

Maybe it's how i live my life I dunno.

Character? Then why is alleged rapist and notorious bad teammate Kobe Bryant considered a champion?

Character? Then why is alleged rapist and notorious bad teammate Kobe Bryant considered a champion?

Alleged? Did he in fact do it? If so he's not even a human

but alleged...

Bad teammate? Ok I'll give you that.

Why are you bringing you up Kobe? I'm talking about KD. Aren't you trying to moralize now? I'm just speaking on purely basketball.

Alleged? Did he in fact do it? If so he's not even a human

but alleged...

Bad teammate? Ok I'll give you that.

Why are you bringing you up Kobe? I'm talking about KD. Aren't you trying to moralize now? I'm just speaking on purely basketball.

yes. and purely basketball we celebrate greatness and change narratives when they suit us.

yes. and purely basketball we celebrate greatness and change narratives when they suit us.

I never said KD wasn't great. I never said I don't enjoy watching GS either. I just have values that personally says the way he got the ring devalues the true meaning of a champion.

I don't celebrate a persons success just because they obtained it. I celebrate how they got there. That's where character is built.

In the end, I personally won't put much stock into Durant and his ring. I'll personally remember more how great LBJ was. Hell, I'll remember Westbrooks season performance more than KD's ring but that's just me.

I never said KD wasn't great. I never said I don't enjoy watching GS either. I just have values that personally says the way he got the ring devalues the true meaning of a champion.

I don't celebrate a persons success just because they obtained it. I celebrate how they got there. That's where character is built.

In the end, I personally won't put much stock into Durant and his ring. I'll personally remember more how great LBJ was. Hell, I'll remember Westbrooks season performance more than KD's ring but that's just me.

I agree with you in some things. He's a championship caliber player for sure. He played very well in the finals but didn't really have to carry his team.

It's just this season has been a joke and honestly I'll forget he ever won this ring by next year.

I agree with you in some things. He's a championship caliber player for sure. He played very well in the finals but didn't really have to carry his team.

It's just this season has been a joke and honestly I'll forget he ever won this ring by next year.

Of course you will.